Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
Yes they are really clamping down on some things I heard.
Seen two doctors gave actual numbers of Covid19 percentages and HOW THEY and all DOCS are supposed to inflate the numbers on purpose.....their NEWS report was removed by Youtube and how FB, Twitter and Youtube are censoring the facts and TELLING US what the truth is according to THEIR LIBERAL VIEW

E

EleventhHour

Seen two doctors gave actual numbers of Covid19 percentages and HOW THEY and all DOCS are supposed to inflate the numbers on purpose.....their NEWS report was removed by Youtube and how FB, Twitter and Youtube are censoring the facts and TELLING US what the truth is according to THEIR LIBERAL VIEW
Surveillance state here we come.

Trudeau admitted this morning they are looking at different ways to track people.

Dec 12, 2013
I been working from home and taking care of my dads estate. then had men’s group last night, I technically served no one, my faith must have been dead, should I worry about my salvation?
Only if you are one of the following...

a. Cainologist
b. Worker for
c. Pharisee
d. Religious hoop jumper
e. Self salvationist
f. Self faith maintainer
g. Give the dog a bone religionist

etc....

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ is ALL about using the correct words. We have to preach Christ's death, burial and resurrection for sins. If I preach today, "The kingdom of heaven is at hand" no one is getting saved. But this was the gospel the disciples were told to preach. Matthew 10.

Do you even understand what "EXPOSIT the WORD" means ? ? ?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Do you even understand what "EXPOSIT the WORD" means ? ? ?
Please share your wisdom. Thanks. Btw, what exactly was the gospel message the disciples were preaching? If we preached the same thing, would any one get saved?

E

eternally-gratefull

James letter encouraging faith by works in no way nullifies Paul's writing regarding salvation by faith and not by works. Context reveals James refers to faith supported by works, not just words [e.g. Saying I believe, Saying I am saved], whereas Paul clearly means works of Law [Mosaic Law]. May first century Jews believing they could obtain salvation by adherence to the Law. Salvation is a gift an undeserved kindness, something we cannot earn by any amount of works -this is not disputed. That does not alter the fact that faith in that gift has to be demonstrated by works of faith. Otherwise our faith is not a living faith only a verbal claim. Jesus words at John14:15 -If you love me obey my commandments. Obeying Jesus commandments takes positive action. At Mathew 7 Jesus clearly said those ones 'doing' the will of my Father will enter the Kingdom not just those saying I believe.
James is not encouraging faith plus works

He is arguing against a claimed faith which some members of the jewish church had. Which was no faith at all.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
The works of the flesh only manifest themselves in those walking after the flesh. This is why the scripture says that those that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts. And if the flesh is crucified, how can sin come to be without the source? Yes, physically the flesh is still present; but we should walk spiritually minded ignoring the desires of the flesh as though it did not exist.

Romans 7 is describing how a person in the flesh struggles to stop doing evil, not a believer who walks in the Spirit. Romans 7-8 is a lesson in the two walks; the Spiritual walk verses the Fleshly walk. As a believer we must be spiritually minded walking in love to fulfill the law.

If we give place to the flesh, then we will fall into the example of double minded man who is unstable in all his ways with no power to stop doing the evil he hates.

Romans 8:4-5
[4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

You are heading for a fall, with your false theory. When you hit bottom, maybe you will learn to humbly look up.

1 John 1:8-10 (NASB)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

To give you a handle on what it means to confess, it is not a ONE TIME ONLY VERB. It is a lifestyle of automatically confessing each New Sin that comes up in a Christian's life. Yes, we have been set FREE from domination of sin, BUT THERE WILL BE SIN in Christian's life. However, it is NOT the Part that controls the DIRECTION of a Christian's life, and it will occur less and less frequently, as a Christian matures spiritually.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Hahhaha I got a 3 day, 7 day, 7 day and now a 30 day ban (12 days in) for lighting China up because of buying up everything and greedy snake in the grass politicians selling the U.S. and AU out....
Stand firm in the truth, my brother. You know full well we children of Light shall be victorious in His Glorious Name. In the meantime, may God protect us all.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Just shows that most Christians don’t even have that much faith.

Luke 18:8
[8]...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Name one Christian who existed prior to Jesus’ life, death and Resurrection.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Please share your wisdom. Thanks. Btw, what exactly was the gospel message the disciples were preaching? If we preached the same thing, would any one get saved?

What you described of teaching the true gospel only, MAY BE TRUE of an Evangelist ONLY, but not TRUE OF A GOD CALLED PASTOR. Don't worry, you are NOT CALLED.

Expositing the WORD, is not only just one part of Scripture, but ALL SCRIPTURE. Your read it verbatim, You explain what it means by what it says, and how it applies to our lives.

Matthew 28:19-20 (NASB)
19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (GW)
16 Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.
17 They equip God's servants so that they are completely prepared to do good things.

INCLUDING THIS NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE, YOU DO NOT GET TO PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT APPLIES TO YOU.

James 2:10 (HCSB)
10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of ⌊breaking it⌋ all.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
What you described of teaching the true gospel only, MAY BE TRUE of an Evangelist ONLY, but not TRUE OF A GOD CALLED PASTOR. Don't worry, you are NOT CALLED.

Expositing the WORD, is not only just one part of Scripture, but ALL SCRIPTURE. Your read it verbatim, You explain what it means by what it says, and how it applies to our lives.

Matthew 28:19-20 (NASB)
19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (GW)
16 Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.
17 They equip God's servants so that they are completely prepared to do good things.

INCLUDING THIS NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE, YOU DO NOT GET TO PICK AND CHOOSE WHAT APPLIES TO YOU.

James 2:10 (HCSB)
10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of ⌊breaking it⌋ all.
The gospel of salvation is strictly how Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day. You’re funny. Do you actually think one needs all the teaching of scripture in order to be saved?🤦‍♂️

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
The gospel of salvation is strictly how Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day. You’re funny. Do you actually think one needs all the teaching of scripture in order to be saved?🤦‍♂️

That is ANOTHER ONE of your FALSE ASSUMPTIONS, yet again. You say that all you have to do is Believe JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF MAN, WAS BURIED, and Rose Again on the Third Day. If You Mean Intellectually acknowledge that is TRUE, even the DEMONS BELIEVE That Much. If you mean we must Acknowledge WHO HE IS, the DEMONS BELIEVE THAT TOO:

Mark 5:6-9 (NRSV)
6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and bowed down before him;
7 and he shouted at the top of his voice, "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me."
8 For he had said to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!"
9 Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" He replied, "My name is Legion; for we are many."

By your definition, do you think those DEMONS were saved ? ? ? I think not, so what were they LACKING ? ? ?

They were LACKING belief in their HEART where the HUMAN SPIRIT IS.

Romans 10:8-10 (NASB)
8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
9 that if you confess {Not just profess an intellectual fact as truth,} with your mouth Jesus as Lord {You have to have mourned over your deep conviction of utter Sinfulness, then surrendered to HIM as LORD of your life, out of pure Agape LOVE, first for it to be a true CONFESSION.} , and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness,
and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 (NASB)
5 for our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.

John 10:1 (ESV)
1 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.

Only You can answer that, "DID YOU COME IN ANOTHER WAY ? ? ?"

John146

Jan 13, 2016
That is ANOTHER ONE of your FALSE ASSUMPTIONS, yet again. You say that all you have to do is Believe JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF MAN, WAS BURIED, and Rose Again on the Third Day. If You Mean Intellectually acknowledge that is TRUE, even the DEMONS BELIEVE That Much. If you mean we must Acknowledge WHO HE IS, the DEMONS BELIEVE THAT TOO:

Mark 5:6-9 (NRSV)
6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and bowed down before him;
7 and he shouted at the top of his voice, "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me."
8 For he had said to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!"
9 Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" He replied, "My name is Legion; for we are many."

By your definition, do you think those DEMONS were saved ? ? ? I think not, so what were they LACKING ? ? ?

They were LACKING belief in their HEART where the HUMAN SPIRIT IS.

Romans 10:8-10 (NASB)
8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
9 that if you confess {Not just profess an intellectual fact as truth,} with your mouth Jesus as Lord {You have to have mourned over your deep conviction of utter Sinfulness, then surrendered to HIM as LORD of your life, out of pure Agape LOVE, first for it to be a true CONFESSION.} , and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness,
and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 (NASB)
5 for our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction; just as you know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.

John 10:1 (ESV)
1 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.

Only You can answer that, "DID YOU COME IN ANOTHER WAY ? ? ?"
Again...Scripture. The devils believe in one God. They have not trusted in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus for their sins.

1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

E

EleventhHour

In the interest and support of free speech here is the video. Shame they would suppress information, unless they feel threatened by it.

Definitely important information that everyone should have access to.

https://153news.net/watch_video.php?v=WGB34K4YKN4B

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Again...Scripture. The devils believe in one God. They have not trusted in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus for their sins.

1 Corinthians 15
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

You did not say that the first time. You lack experience on how to share the GOSPEL.