Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Sounds great.
And I wish it was true.
But the Bible clearly says sanctified believers who trample on the body of Christ, and profane the blood of Christ, and insult the Spirit of grace end up with the same fate as the enemies of God.
That doesn't sound like a child of God always being a child of God.
I respectfully disagree with your position stated here.

Nov 16, 2019
Sharing the Gospel, not holding on to salvation.
Show me where it says that:

9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in a Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:9-14

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Next, time you say anything Divisive or Derogatory, then I get to put you on me IGNORE LIST, then NONE of your divisive or derogatory remarks will show up on my screen.
DO IT FOR CRYIN’ OUT LOUD!!!

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Show me where it says that:

9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in a Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:9-14
Paul said he would gladly rot in hell if it meant Israel would come to Jesus. You simply only see what you want to see. At this point I really couldn’t care less if you’re saved or not.

Nov 16, 2019
When has a person returned to the womb and been unborn?
You don't comprehend well.
The argument is not that the historical fact that a physical or spiritual birth that has occurred can be erased as if it never happened.
The argument is the life received at birth/re-birth can end.

E

EleventhHour

The argument is not that the historical fact that a physical or spiritual birth has occurred can be erased as if it never happened.
No
Death is not mentioned

Try again!

E

EleventhHour

The argument is not that the historical fact that a physical or spiritual birth that has occurred can be erased as if it never happened.
All life ends that is not the point.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
James 2:20-24 KJB
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
What works have you done today to maintain your salvation?

E

EleventhHour

Where in the passage has someone gleaned a non-osas message?
It's a passage about being born again, that's all.
No, the point is it refutes NOSAS completely.

Two events that cannot be undone... do you think Jesus did not know what he was talking about when he used this analogy?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
The correct question is, "what works have you done today to validate your faith as being alive and able to save?"
I’m so glad I’m justified by the faith of Jesus Christ. He’s done all the work. Amen. Yes, I wake up looking forward to labor for the Lord. Why? Because of what He has done for me. I could never justify my salvation, even a million works would not do.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Martha and Mary come to mind...both were loved...one chose to sit at HIS feet and rest there....the other worked and worked and worked.,...the only issue with Marthaś work was her attitude...

She should have just done her work, stopped looking at her sister (brother) and LOVED that what she was doing was in service to her LORD...

That was her only problem...she was careworn and her service was half-hearted...one eye on her LORD...the other on her sister(brother)

Do what you want to do for the LORD and stop looking at your sister/brother and deeming them as either lazy, or doing work with the wrong motive...