Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

Now @Lightskin knows there are people here who believe things he told me no one here believed.
I know your game .. no worries.

Saying all sins were dealt with the cross..... in your twisted logic becomes we can sin all we want.

Go back and deal with John 3: 1-12, you still have to explain how person is unbirthed which is equal to loss of salvation within that analogy.

Nov 16, 2019
Go back and deal with John 3: 1-12, you still have to explain how person is unbirthed which is equal to loss of salvation within that analogy.
They die.
The historical fact that they once lived is not removed.
The life they once had is removed.
That is staying in the analogy of human birth that Jesus uses in John 3.
You're the one straying outside of the analogy.

E

EleventhHour

They die.
The historical fact that they once lived is not removed.
The life they once had is removed.
That is staying in the analogy of human birth that Jesus uses in John 3.
You're the one straying outside of the analogy.
So you cannot refute Jesus just like I stated .. He never mentions death.

Nov 16, 2019
Let's be clear......YOU say it................... no one else.
You make it a point to insist that the cross of Christ is sufficient to cover any and all sin and in any amount, and therefore, the believer remains forever and always saved no matter what.
But when I call you out on that you suddenly insist you didn't say that.
Why do you keep doing this?

E

EleventhHour

You make it a point to insist that the cross of Christ is sufficient to cover any and all sin and in any amount, and therefore, the believer remains forever and always saved no matter what.
But when I call you out on that you suddenly insist you didn't say that.
Why do you keep doing this?
Yes, I insist on following the Gospel that is true. :)

So you once again refute the sufficiency of the Cross as propitiation for all sins.

BlessedCreator

Apr 22, 2020
So dead faith obeys God's commandments in order to become a living faith or because it's a living faith? Just how sufficiently must we obey God's commandments in order to be saved? Are you implying that anything short of sinless, perfect obedience 100% of the time to ALL of God's commandments means that we are not righteous/are disobedient and will not be saved? :unsure:
We are saved through faith. Faith means trust/confidence in God that He will save us. But to have faith you must have a good conscience toward Him (1 Peter 3:21). To have a good conscience toward God you must obey Him (1 John 2:17).

Dec 12, 2013
I’ll let the Bible clear it up.

Philippians 3:14
[14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

It’s also a prize to be sought after to be realized at the end.
The prize was not salvation genius.....try context....sheesh!

Dec 12, 2013
I have read what he posted, I do have a different understanding, however, he in no way is stating that these Jews were spiritually sanctified/saved/justified .....only that the word can also mean set apart within that context.

All you have done again is demonstrate once again how you twist people's words.
No big surprise....he twists the word of God everyday......!!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
We are saved through faith.
Correct, yet you continuously "add works" to salvation through faith.

Faith means trust/confidence in God that He will save us.
Yes, faith means belief/trust/reliance/confidence in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation. (Ephesians 2:8)

But to have faith you must have a good conscience toward Him (1 Peter 3:21).
Is this where you "add" baptism to salvation through faith? The genitive in the Greek text is correctly translated as the pledge of a good conscience. It's not the mechanical act of getting water baptized that literally saves us - not the removal of dirt from the flesh (that is, not as an outward, physical act which washes dirt from the body--that is not what saves you), "but an appeal to God for a good conscience," through the resurrection of Jesus Christ" (that is, as an inward, spiritual transaction between God and the individual, a transaction that is symbolized by the outward ceremony of water baptism).

We could paraphrase Peter's statement by saying, "Baptism now saves you--not the outward physical ceremony of baptism but the inward spiritual reality which baptism represents." Just as the eight people in the ark were "saved THROUGH water" as they were IN THE ARK. They were not literally saved "by" the water. Hebrews 11:7 is clear on this point (..built an ARK for the SAVING of his household). *NOTE: The context reveals that ONLY the righteous (Noah and his family) were DRY and therefore SAFE in the ARK. In contrast, only the wicked came in contact with the water and they all perished.

To have a good conscience toward God you must obey Him (1 John 2:17).
There is no good conscience apart from salvation through faith in Christ no matter how much obedience that you attempt to conjure up in a vain effort to obtain salvation by works. (Matthew 7:21-23) John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. Obedience which follows is works and we are saved through faith, not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

Dec 12, 2013
Do I believe Controversial? You betcha. I'm so grateful he started this thread. It's actually the only one I really care about on this site.
Thanks Star.....keep defending truth....the Jesus devaluers are rank and file deeper than the sewage pipes in N.Y.....

Dec 12, 2013
This is how dcontroversal responded to my assertion that if you stop believing you become accountable for your sins again and you are no longer saved:
Everyone pay attention to the deceptive liar--> Judges in this post.... I highlighted and bolded HIS WORDS in the following post and HE UNBOLDED what I bolded to make it look like I was directing my statement at the word of God.....HIS WORDS were..

Judges said ->>If you no longer believe/ trust in Christ you no longer have the blood of Christ to cover you sins.
Your sinning from that point forward is held to your account, not Christ's anymore.

Judges should be banned for de-bolding what I bolded to make it look like I said something I did not say toward the word of God....this right here PROVES your character and who leads you pal...NO HONESTY OR INTEGRITY!