Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You better hope you can "hang on" then to the bitter end. Watch out for any doubt which may creep in cause if you die during that nanosecond, you'll be a goner.

You ever notice how those who think you have to KEEP on proving their Faith with WORKS, to maintain SALVATION, JUST LOVE TO QUOTE JAMES 2:17. BUT HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ONE QUOTE JAMES 2:10, WHICH IS IN THE SAME CONTEXT ? ? ?

James 2:10 (HCSB)
10 For whoever keeps the entire law, yet fails in one point, is guilty of ⌊breaking it⌋ all.

That means every time they exceed the Post Speed Limit, they are GUILTY of Breaking the ENTIRE LAW.

1588713776749.jpeg

Feb 29, 2020
That means every time they exceed the Post Speed Limit, they are GUILTY of Breaking the ENTIRE LAW.
Which law is this in the Bible?

Was there a walking/running speed limit posted by the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites that Israel had to observe while walking through each country? And even if there was, didn't God tell the Israelites to utterly destroy and rid the land of their way of doing things?

Dec 12, 2013
Let’s do that.

The context (Philippians 3).

Verse 8: All things counted loss to win Christ. (No need to do this; that would be works salvation).

Verse 9: To be found with the righteousness of God by faith. (It does not end here, OSAS’ers).

Verse 10: To know him and the power of his resurrection, being made comformable unto his death.

Verse 11: If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Verse 12: Not as though I had already attained: but I follow after.

Verse 13: I count not myself to have apprehended (unto the resurrection/salvation)

Verse 14: I press for the prize (the resurrection/salvation).

Why the need to press toward something you are guaranteed of receiving no matter what? And the OSAS doctrine causes you to behave contrary to this scripture; for OSAS’ers walk as though they have attained unto the resurrection (salvation). And they don’t need to win anything or anyone, that would be works.

This is what it means to follow Christ:

1 Peter 2:21-23
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: [22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: [23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously

1 Corinthians 9:27
[27] But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

There’s no need to keep under the body in OSAS; you will never be castaway no matter what.

Now will you follow the instructions of scripture and not mock and revile others?
Yeah genius...think real hard about the duality of salvation and what prize Paul was actually pressing towards....you guys and your lack of comprehension never ceases to amaze.....!!! Exactly what what happens when one places trust in a false gospel....NO SALVATION and NO COMPREHENSION biblically!!! <--Salvation losers, salvation earners and working for Jesus devaluers!!

Dec 12, 2013
Peter was not truly saved (converted) yet when he denied Christ. There is no record of this happening again after coming to a full understanding of Christ's resurrection.

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:3).

Jesus told Peter:

I have prayed for you, that your faith will not fail: and when you are converted, strengthen your brethren (Luke 22:32).

And you can see Peter strengthening the brethren as recorded in Acts 1:15-22.

And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples...
This is not only one of the most stupid things I have seen on here, it also reeks of ignorance of scripture, and a basic understanding of truth.....this would not even pass a litmus test for a basic sunday school level understanding.....wow man.....

Dec 12, 2013
You guys are really something else, the lengths you will go to ... just something!

Jesus told Peter his name was written in the book of life:
Luke 10:20

Peter knew who Jesus was, he announced Him as Son of the Living God.. sounds like faith to me and he denied Jesus three times in fact.
Can you believe the utter stupidity of that post he made....!

Dec 12, 2013
Not until Christ died on the cross:

By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison (1 Peter 3:19).

For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead (1 Peter 4:6).

By the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water (Zechariah 9:11).

Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name (Psalm 142:7).

The LORD looses the prisoners (Psalm 146:7).

For to this end Christ both died, and rose and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living (Romans 14:9).
Hahahhaahhaahhah man....the more you talk the more obvious it becomes that you have no idea of what you are talking about!!

Dec 12, 2013
Hebrews 3:12-13

Out of context.. .. wrong

Failure to enter the land” is NOT the equivalent of failing to enter heaven or loosing salvation.
He and others cannot grasp that Hebrews speaks to a REST IN THIS LIFE AFFORDED BELIEVERS and that how DISOBEDIENCE leads to the WILDERNESS....NOT losing positional salvation....!!

Dec 12, 2013
That’s a beautiful question and I’m pleased to answer it. The believer’s mind is set on righteousness. With that said, how come yours is always set on sin and negativity? And I don’t say your mind is not set on those things because your entire history of posts says otherwise.
His entire post history devalues Jesus, grace, faith, eternal life, salvation, dethrones Jesus, twists the scripture and reeks of the enemie's hand of influence!

Dec 12, 2013
You better hope you can "hang on" then to the bitter end. Watch out for any doubt which may creep in cause if you die during that nanosecond, you'll be a goner.
The many grouping.....His gospel of self sustained faith and self preservation already places him in the MANY GROUP that claims Christ but says....LORD LORD HAVE WE NOT DONE..........

Dec 12, 2013
Nothing to meditate on.
Peter denied Jesus and he was saved and stayed saved

This in no way denies this.

It speaks to failure and return... the whole Bible is filled with human failure but then that does not jive with your works based I reach perfection message.

And the Lord Said, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.”
These guys are a joke.....EVEN David spoke of his salvation in the present tense and JOB fully understood the resurrection and that he would STAND AGAIN IN A NEW BODY.....and yet they peddle NO SALVATION until JESUS....it is sickening how they devalue and twist scripture!

Dec 12, 2013
Moses being cut off is a picture and type of Jesus.
You know that, right?
Hahahahhahaahhhhh what an ignorant thing to say....HOW ABOUT MOSES represented the LAW which can NEVER DELIVER one to LIFE, BUT WILL TAKE A MAN and POINT HIM TO THE ONE THAT CAN DELIVER ->Joshua......dude, your theology is worse than a Jehovah's witness or Mormon!

Dec 12, 2013
So now we have Yudges claiming Jesus was disobedient.
I have been on this site like 6 to 7 years, (lost track of how long) and He is one of the top 3 peddlers of biblical ignorance I have seen on this site......and he openly admits to forsaking church and coming up with his own religious twist which counts the blood of Jesus an ordinary base thing and tramples Jesus under his feet.....

ljs

Jan 13, 2018
Of course DAVID which speaks of his salvation in the present tense..but he will deny this also....!!
I'm so glad your here dave , I've only been saved for 8 yrs and am still learning , but I know that I'm eternally saved , in Christ alone !!!!!