Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

A plain read of scripture does not mean you exclude all the plain reading of scripture.
What I have noticed time and time again is that people who use this "plain sense only reading method"..... miss the author's/God's intent and lack a basic understanding of the Gospel.

Then we get crazy stuff like "I am sinless" and.......

More tragically the outright DENIAL of TRUTH like God undoes salvation based on one's deeds, and that Jesus is Faithless and takes away one's salvation based on one's performance.

E

EleventhHour

The prodigal can not be in the land of prostitutes and pig farms when Jesus returns and expect to be saved.
Romans 5:8
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Once again you are telling God how to act... this is personal for you, not about truth.

Sad really.

Feb 29, 2020
More tragically the outright DENIAL of TRUTH like God undoes salvation based on one's deeds, and that Jesus is Faithless and takes away one's salvation based on one's performance.
What is happening here is that the Once Saved, Always Saved doctrine keeps people stuck in the flesh, only having a "positional" spirit/born again status with God. So many of them (in my estimation) are still in the flesh, not in the spirit. They truly are, in a sense, defeated in the fight against sin. It's the attitude of, "Just give up". Surrender to sin. Not implying this is the case with every OSAS follower, but it seems that way. They forever remain in the condition of the one who wants to do right, but does the evil he hates.

This is why verses saying that, believers cannot sin, are beyond comprehension to them. It must mean something else.

And the one verse saying, if we sin we have an advocate, is magnified exceedingly and must mean what it says plainly.

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now (Galatians 4:29).

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
Eternal security doctrines are those that offer encouragement and promises upon completion of one's life. But to be a reprobate, hypocrite, unrepentant backslider, these promises do not apply. " Be not deceived; God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man sows THAT shall he also reap. For he that sows to his flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption, BUT, he that sows to the Spirit, shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 6: 7,8. For example see 1 Cor. 3: 16, 17. for those who still cling to "greasy grace".

E

EleventhHour

What is happening here is that the Once Saved, Always Saved doctrine keeps people stuck in the flesh, only having a "positional" spirit/born again status with God. So many of them (in my estimation) are still in the flesh, not in the spirit. They truly are, in a sense, defeated in the fight against sin. It's the attitude of, "Just give up". Surrender to sin. Not implying this is the case with every OSAS follower, but it seems that way. They forever remain in the condition of the one who wants to do right, but does the evil he hates.

This is why verses saying that, believers cannot sin, are beyond comprehension to them. It must mean something else.

And the one verse saying, if we sin we have an advocate, is magnified exceedingly and must mean what it says plainly.

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now (Galatians 4:29).

You and @Judges1318 holding up the denominations as a model .... I am not going to engage on the problems of the institutional churches and bad teaching, the only thing that matters is what scripture teaches.

OSAS places us Under Grace and able to Abide in Him because we are secure our focus can shift......... striving and work ceases and we live out the new creation we are in Christ.

It is those who do not accept security and are not sure of their salvation (NOSAS) who are still "working" who are still in the flesh.

E

EleventhHour

Eternal security doctrines are those that offer encouragement and promises upon completion of one's life. But to be a reprobate, hypocrite, unrepentant backslider, these promises do not apply. " Be not deceived; God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man sows THAT shall he also reap. For he that sows to his flesh, shall of the flesh reap corruption, BUT, he that sows to the Spirit, shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 6: 7,8. For example see 1 Cor. 3: 16, 17. for those who still cling to "greasy grace".
greasy grace"
No God's Grace

bobgrifft

Apr 16, 2020
Can you give us some grift of where you are going with this bob
Let's just call it a reintroduction to God The Father. Also, let's be clear. I can do nothing without perfect authorization. The true Fear of The Lord is more than the beginning of wisdom. It is your life.
Your next Scriptures:
Exodus 29:46
Deuteronomy 6:4-6

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Grace earner ^^^^^ which of course is a complete and total fabricated oxymoron.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Let's just call it a reintroduction to God The Father. Also, let's be clear. I can do nothing without perfect authorization. The true Fear of The Lord is more than the beginning of wisdom. It is your life.
Your next Scriptures:
Exodus 29:46
Deuteronomy 6:4-6
Matthew 11:28-30
Luke 12:32
John 3:16-17
Romans 10:9-10

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
The prodigal can not be in the land of prostitutes and pig farms when Jesus returns and expect to be saved.
Oh Judges1318, I'm thinking you've never encountered the "Arm of the Lord" - how far He can reach....how mighty His Arm is to save.....:unsure::giggle:

You're using human reasoning to try to understand the ways of God......

Those Pharisees wanted all the sick to remain sick on the Sabbath, and even forbid GOD to heal on the Sabbath....lol! Imagine how ridiculous that was....:unsure::giggle:

Now, you're telling us and GOD that He cannot save prodigals if they are in the land of prostitutes and pig farms......

Well, God healed on the Sabbath and I'm pretty sure He plans to save prodigals in the land of prostitutes and pig farms! I think He even saved a few of those Pharisees! lol! :love:(y)

Feb 29, 2020
Now, you're telling us and GOD that He cannot save prodigals if they are in the land of prostitutes and pig farms......
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loves and makes a lie (Revelation 22:14-15).

The scripture is telling us he won't.

E

EleventhHour

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loves and makes a lie (Revelation 22:14-15).

Laugh or Cry... WOW :unsure:

That would be you telling us He won't... you fail at one part of the law you fail at all of it.

There is nothing worse than self-righteousness .... definitely the broad path.

Romans 5:8
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

bobgrifft

Apr 16, 2020
What I have noticed time and time again is that people who use this "plain sense only reading method"..... miss the author's/God's intent and lack a basic understanding of the Gospel.

Then we get crazy stuff like "I am sinless" and.......

If I used Isaiah 44:6 to make sure you know who God is, is this your consideration for a lack of understanding? Then I would add Isaiah 45:7 to complete His comment.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011

ah, but keep in mind that the same man who wrote Revelation also wrote the commands are to " believe on the name of the Son and love one another '
so to believe is to obey.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

No, your human reasoning is telling you He won't. :unsure:

Listen Micaiah-imla, God loves you, let Him open your eyes and your heart to understand His great love for you and others.

The ones that have the right to the tree of life are those that through the Blood and Body of Yeshua/Jesus Christ are saved and sealed with His Holy Spirit.

All the "good works" we do now are the "work of the Holy Spirit" in us, leading, guiding, teaching, comforting, instructing, correcting, empowering us to be a witness of Jesus Christ and to be in fellowship with God while we are on the Earth.

You're wasting value time of fellowship with God by being judgmental and condemning believers that are learning how to walk by the Spirit. All we have to do is stop resisting, grieving, quenching and neglecting the Holy Spirit, rather stir Him up in us with spiritual songs to the Lord, meditating on scripture, fellowshiping with each other, praying and encouraging one another.

Just turn all your affections and attention on knowing and loving God and enjoy the journey with Him! :love:(y)

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
If I used Isaiah 44:6 to make sure you know who God is, is this your consideration for a lack of understanding? Then I would add Isaiah 45:7 to complete His comment.
maybe one could just read Isaiah as a whole., and not chop into pieces..

E

EleventhHour

Lack of understanding?