Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Why don’t you go ahead and read the Bible. Go take your OSAS and put it through the fire of scripture and see if it endures.

I’m not playing games with you OSAS’ers. You won’t listen anyway. I feel like Jonah; where’s the nearest ship to get out of here!
Oh it endures

It will endure to the end, Because it all about Christ. Not about us

You are Not perfect you are flawed Yet your basing your salvation on what you do. Hence your basing your salvation on a flawed system

E

eternally-gratefull

It does not get any plainer..........James, the brother of our Lord Christ Jesus, explicitly said that “a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.”

James 2:14-24. What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?
15. If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
16. and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?
17. Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
18. But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
19. You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.
20. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?
21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?
22. You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected;
23. and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God.
24. You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

As for the Apostle Paul,

Everywhere that Paul preached the message that all men, including Gentiles, are saved by grace through faith apart from the works of the Law, Judaizers were hot on his heels to proclaim that one could not be a Jew without keeping the Law and that, therefore, one could not be a Christian without keeping the Law (in the broadest Jewish sense, including, and especially so, the law of circumcision which was not included in the Mosaic Law). In Eph. 2:8-9, Paul is dealing with this very issue; he is NOT contradicting James and the nearly universal teaching of the first century Church that good works are absolutely necessary for salvation, a teaching that remained nearly universal till the 16th century! Paul is teaching that we are justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Rom_3:20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Rom_3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Gal_2:16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Gal_3:2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Gal_3:5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

Gal_3:10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”

It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works are absolutely necessary for our Salvation!
you forgot romans 4.

Why is it when you people use James, you do not include romans 4. and resolve the contradiction between the two passages (when we use your interpretation of james)

E

EleventhHour

Actually, it’s 100% Bible.

Right now you are accepting less than the full council of scripture to remain in a lie that feels good to your flesh.

Jesus told me to pray for those who persecute me. I’ll obey my Savior, not you.
If you were obeying Him .. you would know that what you teach is an aberration and not scriptural.

E

EleventhHour

The sin you sin because you have cast away your trust in Christ is the sin that will condemn you.
But as long as you continue to trust in Christ, your struggle with sin is completely and totally covered.
cast away your trust in Christ

Jesus does not discard those who are His.. ...... EVER!!

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
you forgot romans 4.

Why is it when you people use James, you do not include romans 4. and resolve the contradiction between the two passages (when we use your interpretation of james)
The "modern" versions only quote Romans 8: 1 as "having no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus", but that is just half the verse. the other half is conditional, as verse 4 in the same chapter concludes. James is saying in essence the same thing, that faith, without obedience to the word, is a dead thing.

E

EleventhHour

Argue Hebrews with yourself pal....and you are not only a hypocrite, you are denying and excusing your own sin and INDEED trampling Jesus and his blood under your feet per your own words and stance......get some honesty hypocrite!
Is there anything worse than to argue that Christ Jesus, who bore our sins selflessly, does not keep His promises.

..... to undermine, lie about, misrepresent our Saviour for some self serving agenda.

The absolute worst... ugh!!

E

EleventhHour

Galatians 5:2

You won't see it, though, because osas has taught you that it doesn't really mean what it says.
Says the person that has yet to find "un-justified" "un-sanctified" in scripture.

Yet to explain the "un-birthing" of a person.

What does it feel like to continually attempt to falsify scripture?

tantalon

Oct 11, 2019
If you find error in what the Bible, ( not me) is saying, then take your plea to God, for understanding. Not one of you have addressed the scripture verses for personal comment, but are using language and reasoning of personal beliefs.

Feb 29, 2020
Why do you MOCK your savior by denying the cross is sufficient and his work was not complete?
The cross is more than sufficient. A blessed thing indeed it is for a wretched lost sinner to find redemption and forgiveness of his sins through the gospel.

But now that same man better not mock God by turning from the truth to right hand or to the left into a false doctrine that hinders his progress in righteousness.

God is not mocked, for whatsoever man soweth, that shall he reap.

Feb 29, 2020
It will endure to the end, Because it all about Christ. Not about us

You are Not perfect you are flawed Yet your basing your salvation on what you do. Hence your basing your salvation on a flawed system
OSAS is all about you.

As for not being perfect:

2 Corinthians 7:1
[1] Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Since OSAS has destroyed the fear of God in you; you will never attain to it, and will not allow others to pursue it.

Don’t mock something the Bible tells you is possible.

E

EleventhHour

The cross is more than sufficient.
No it is not according to you. Wow, at least admit what you preach, the cross is not sufficient in your view, end of story

However he bible it clearly teaches all sins forgiven, past present and future... no timeline is ever mentioned

“For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.”
Romans 5:19

E

EleventhHour

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Why don’t you go ahead and read the Bible. Go take your OSAS and put it through the fire of scripture and see if it endures.

I’m not playing games with you OSAS’ers. You won’t listen anyway. I feel like Jonah; where’s the nearest ship to get out of here!

WHY WON'T WE LISTEN? Because we already did all that, and YOUR THEOLOGY Came Up a FALSE THEOLOGY. NOW IT IS YOUR TURN TO TEST YOUR MISTRANSLATION WITH REAL SCRIPTURE. I HAVE BEEN A FIRM BELIEVER THAT SCRIPTURE ACTUALLY TEACHES OSAS THEOLOGY FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS. Like I said, it is your turn to TEST your THEORY with REAL SCRIPTURE:

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

Titus 3:5-7 (HCSB)
5 He saved us— not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
6 He poured out this ⌊Spirit⌋ on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 so that having been justified by His grace, we may become heirs with the hope of eternal life.

Romans 4:3-5 (NET)
3 For what does the scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."
4 Now to the one who works, his pay is not credited due to grace but due to obligation.
5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in the one who declares the ungodly righteous, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Ephesians 4:30 (NKJV)
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God,
by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

{There is a major OSAS VERSE, made with you in mind!}

Ephesians 1:13-14 (HCSB)
13 When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him,
you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

14 He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.

><>

Romans 11:29 (HCSB)
29 since God’s gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable.

Ephesians 2:4-5 (HCSB)
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love that He had for us,
5 made us alive with the Messiah even though we were dead in trespasses.
You are saved by grace!

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NJB)
8 Because it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith; not by anything of your own, but by a gift from God;
9 not by anything that you have done, so that nobody can claim the credit.

Romans 5:8-11 (HCSB)
8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!
9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.
10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, ⌊then how⌋ much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!
11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ. We have now received this reconciliation through Him.

1 Peter 1:3-5 (HCSB)
3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
4 and into an inheritance that is imperishable, uncorrupted, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.
5 You are being protected by God’s power through faith for a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

Romans 11:6 (NASB)
6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.

Philippians 1:6 (HCSB)
6 I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 3:5 (HCSB)
5 ⌊It is⌋ not that we are competent in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our competence is from God.

Philippians 2:13 (HCSB)
13 For it is God who is working in you, ⌊enabling you⌋ both to desire and to work out His good purpose.

Ephesians 1:11-14 (HCSB)
11 We have also received an inheritance in Him, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will,
12 so that we who had already put our hope in the Messiah might bring praise to His glory.
13 When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him [Long before you can do your first work, so Obedience is Part of your Agape Love, that you do after you are SAVED.], you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.
14 He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory.

2 Timothy 2:19 (ESV)
19 But God’s firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

John 10:27-28 (HCSB)
27 My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever!
No one will snatch them out of My hand.

2 John 1:2 (HCSB)
2 because of the truth that remains in us and will be with us forever.

><>

We teach that Obedience has NEVER been part of Salvation, HOWEVER, Obedience is part of Our AGAPE LOVE, Rom. 5:5.

John 14:15 (HCSB)
15 “If you love Me [Born Again], you will keep My commands.

1 John 5:3 (HCSB)
3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden, [when done out of Agape Love.]

Ephesians 6:24 (HCSB)
24 Grace be with all who have undying love for our Lord Jesus Christ.

THAT IS WHAT OSAS TEACHES AND BELIEVES is the cornerstone of our FAITH.

Only Obedience that is done out of Agape LOVE, is accepted by GOD. It has NOTHING to do with SALVATION or maintaining it.
They have to be solely because we AGAPE LOVE HIM, OR they are Wood, Hay, and Stubble at best, OR they are FILTHY RAGS at Worst.

E

EleventhHour

Like I said, it is your turn to TEST your THEORY with REAL SCRIPTURE:

Ultimately, it isn't really about scripture, OSAS is clear in scripture.

It is about............... >the veil on their eyes because of pride, self-effort and self-righteousness.

Nov 16, 2019
Says the person that has yet to find "un-justified" "un-sanctified" in scripture.

Yet to explain the "un-birthing" of a person.

What does it feel like to continually attempt to falsify scripture?
This is what Paul said to the saved, Spirit filled Galatians:

2Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.

From justification in Christ, to Christ being of no value to you in justification.
Right there under our noses in the pages of our Bibles.

Nov 16, 2019
E

EleventhHour

This is what Paul said to the saved, Spirit filled Galatians:

2Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
Benefit for what.. he was not addressing salvation!! Gee whiz!!

Seriously... really ... honestly, all you read is constant warning about loosing salvation from Paul (which does not exist) and completely miss what he is actually referencing.

You really do need to find a church and receive instruction, I write this for your own good.

E

EleventhHour

Even the old osas says that means you weren't really saved to begin with.
Even it made zero allowance to go back to unbelief.
More deflecting... taking a break from your tiresome, non-existent, non-biblical concepts, thank God few on here believe you....... @C313Brats has been shown the exit another blessing.