Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Ultimately, it isn't really about scripture, OSAS is clear in scripture.

It is about............... >the veil on their eyes because of pride, self-effort and self-righteousness.

I know, but I still have Hope to see his EYES OPENED. The main reason for the long list verses that support OSAS, is to prove that what that SLAM against our THEOLOGY is an absolute LIE.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NIV)
21 Test everything. Hold on to the good.

Nov 16, 2019
Benefit for what.. he was not addressing salvation!! Gee whiz!!

Seriously... really ... honestly, all you read is constant warning about loosing salvation from Paul (which does not exist) and completely miss what he is actually referencing.
The context of the whole book of Galatians is about justification.
So of course he's talking about justification.

"4You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." - Galatians 5:6

"2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all." - Galatians 5:2

They stopped trusting in Christ for justification and made Christ of no value or benefit to them in justification.
That's your 'un-justified' scripture you were sure did not exist.
And now you're trying to make it not really mean what it says.
That is what osas does to many scriptures.
That's what finally got me off the fence about osas.

Nov 16, 2019
More deflecting... taking a break from your tiresome, non-existent, non-biblical concepts, thank God few on here believe you.......
No, you're deflecting.
The old osas doesn't make any room for a person to go back to unbelief, let alone go back to unbelief and still be saved.
You apparently did not know this.

It is your new osas doctrine that says a real believer can go back to unbelief, and, not only that, but still be saved.
The old osas, created in the 15th century, or thereabouts, disagrees with both those points.
You apparently did not know you believe a new doctrine that popped up in the church, and one that not even the old osas agrees with.
You obviously did not know this.

E

EleventhHour

The context of the whole book of Galatians is about justification.
So of course he's talking about justification.

"4You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." - Galatians 5:6

"2Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all." - Galatians 5:2

They stopped trusting in Christ for justification and made Christ of no value or benefit to them in justification.
That's your 'un-justified' scripture you were sure did not exist.
And now you're trying to make it not really mean what it says.
That is what osas does to many scriptures.
That's what finally got me off the fence about osas.
Wrong..... spiritual salvation not in view.

I doubt you understood
OSAS at a spiritual level.

Nov 16, 2019
Wrong..... spiritual salvation not in view.
Anywho.....
Your post is not providing any useful material for discussion.
I noticed a few days ago that this thread had degraded into these kinds of posts and the subject had been talked out and no new people were posting so I decided I was just going to move on. I thought Lafftur might be bringing some useful discussion to the table so I hung around but I guess she's not posting. So I'm moving on to different things.

E

EleventhHour

Anywho.....
Your post is not providing any useful material for discussion.
I noticed a few days ago that this thread had degraded into these kinds of posts and the subject had been talked out and no new people were posting so I decided I was just going to move on. I thought Lafftur might be bringing some useful discussion to the table so I hung around but I guess she's not posting. So I'm moving on to different things.
Ralph, you do what you have to do...been under heavy fire these days eh?

I agree Truth is impossible to refute and straightforward and you have been unable to do so, agree what is the point really, there is nothing to discuss.. I think @dcontroversal has made that clear over and over again.

Completely absurd to me that we have to defend the Good News. ....but then when we read this scripture it becomes clear.....

Ephesians 6:12
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

E

EleventhHour

I know, but I still have Hope to see his EYES OPENED. The main reason for the long list verses that support OSAS, is to prove that what that SLAM against our THEOLOGY is an absolute LIE.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NIV)
21 Test everything. Hold on to the good.
We can always hope ...however, it will take and act of God.

E

EleventhHour

God loved you before you got “saved”.

Your enemies love you, but you are not concerned about that.

In fact, I wonder if you love your enemies like Jesus told you to do.

If there was any smidgen of doubt in my mind that all OSAS’ers were not unloving, this experience has eliminated it.
If I didn't love my enemies do you think I would spend time on here defending the Gospel?

Love without truth is sentimentality and sentimentality is not Love.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
No, you're deflecting.
The old osas doesn't make any room for a person to go back to unbelief, let alone go back to unbelief and still be saved.
You apparently did not know this.

It is your new osas doctrine that says a real believer can go back to unbelief, and, not only that, but still be saved.
The old osas, created in the 15th century, or thereabouts, disagrees with both those points.
You apparently did not know you believe a new doctrine that popped up in the church, and one that not even the old osas agrees with.
You obviously did not know this.

YOU REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND. We cannot go BACK, because the HOLY SPIRIT CHANGED our once DEAD human spirit INTO an ETERNALLY ALIVE human spirit. We will Never be that same OLD SELF AGAIN, because of that CHANGE IN OUR HUMAN SPIRIT.
Once that HAPPENS, IT will become Dominate over the Will of the FLESH. No we are NOT SINLESS, but we will Sin Less, and Less, and Less, as we mature spiritually. The fact that a disciple can go back to what HE USED TO BE, only PROVES they never were BORN AGAIN.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (NIV)
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 3:3-7 (NJB)
3 Jesus answered: In all truth I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above.
4 Nicodemus said, ‘How can anyone who is already old be born? Is it possible to go back into the womb again and be born?'
5 Jesus replied: In all truth I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born through water and the Spirit;
6 what is born of human nature is human; what is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Do not be surprised when I say: You must be born from above.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 (ESV)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

WE CANNOT UNCREATE, WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS CREATED IN US.

John 5:24 (HCSB)
24 “I assure you: Anyone who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment but has passed from death to life.

This Body will eventually DIE, unless Christ Calls us out first, BUT THIS HUMAN SPIRIT IS ETERNALLY ALIVE. AND IF YOU CAN LOSE THINK YOUR ETERNALLY ALIVE HUMAN SPIRIT, YOUR HUMAN SPIRIT WAS NEVER ALIVE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
But now that same man better not mock God by turning from the truth to right hand or to the left into a false doctrine that hinders his progress in righteousness.

God is not mocked, for whatsoever man soweth, that shall he reap.
The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, sinful nature which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life on earth is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. In opposition to corruption, eternal life is produced by the Holy Spirit in those who put their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ for salvation.

Dec 12, 2013
Is there anything worse than to argue that Christ Jesus, who bore our sins selflessly, does not keep His promises.

..... to undermine, lie about, misrepresent our Saviour for some self serving agenda.

The absolute worst... ugh!!
He is a religionist hypocrite....he comes into this thread peddling a self saving, self sustained faith while misquiting and misapplying Hebrews while openly admitting he is lost by his own dogma....He openly admits forsaking assembling which tramples Jesus and counts his blood a common ordinary base thing.....I will not sit idly by while Jesus is trampled by these religionists hypocrites......!!

Dec 12, 2013
Actually, it’s 100% Bible.

Right now you are accepting less than the full council of scripture to remain in a lie that feels good to your flesh.

Jesus told me to pray for those who persecute me. I’ll obey my Savior, not you.
No, actually it is ALL JESUS OR FRAUDULENT....and of course you would reject this out of an inability to grasp truth.

In the VOLUME OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME

Search the scriptures, for they are they WHICH TESTIFY OF ME.

For this is the MIND OF CHRIST

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, and the WORD CAME TO BE FLESH and DWELT AMONG US AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY!

THE SPIRIT IS THE TRUTH
AND WHAT DOES THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH DO He will not testify of himself BUT INCESSANTLY POINTS TO CHRIST!

Listen genius is all about JESUS! Wake up!

E

eternally-gratefull

The "modern" versions only quote Romans 8: 1 as "having no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus", but that is just half the verse. the other half is conditional, as verse 4 in the same chapter concludes. James is saying in essence the same thing, that faith, without obedience to the word, is a dead thing.
Romans 8 is not romans 4

E

eternally-gratefull

The cross is more than sufficient. A blessed thing indeed it is for a wretched lost sinner to find redemption and forgiveness of his sins through the gospel.

But now that same man better not mock God by turning from the truth to right hand or to the left into a false doctrine that hinders his progress in righteousness.

God is not mocked, for whatsoever man soweth, that shall he reap.
So the cross is sufficient

But not sufficient enough that he needs you to do you work also?

E

eternally-gratefull

OSAS is all about you.

As for not being perfect:

2 Corinthians 7:1
[1] Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Since OSAS has destroyed the fear of God in you; you will never attain to it, and will not allow others to pursue it.

Don’t mock something the Bible tells you is possible.
No

OSAS is all about God His promise His death. His work in us which he promised, he will (not might) complete the good thin he started in us

Your the one preaching about all YOU have to do.

So you need to look in the mirror my friend. You are the one boasting. not me