Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 29, 2020
It's hard to keep the stopper in these Nosasers.
Because I use plain Bible truth, which is unstoppable.

There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD (Proverbs 21:30).

And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake (Acts 6:10).

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Do you believe Jesus told people to do something he knew they could not do?
Please stay on point and answer the questions. So you no longer sin? Do you know any other persons Christian or not that no longer sin? Waiting for your response.

One other quick question: Can you tell us the secret of how you always obey infallibly and perfectly? Believe me we want to and need to know!

Feb 29, 2020
Please stay on point and answer the questions. So you no longer sin?
Answer my question, then I will answer yours.

When Jesus told people to "sin no more", did he tell them to do something they could not possibly do?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Answer my question, then I will answer yours.

When Jesus told people to "sin no more", did he tell them to do something they could not possibly do?
You have just answered that question because you have declared that you yourself sin no more!

Okay, Now that we have resolved that issue we can move on ahead and you can go ahead and answer my questions thank you.

Feb 29, 2020
Okay, Now that we have resolved that issue we can move on ahead and you can go ahead and answer my questions thank you.
You did not answer my question.

Jesus told people to "sin no more". Was Jesus telling them to do something they could not possibly do?

E

EleventhHour

Jesus told people to "sin no more". Was Jesus telling them to do something they could not possibly do?
The woman caught in adultery was told not to commit the sin of adultery again...it was specific to her sin.

And you state you do not interpret scripture ... you do, but it is completely wrong.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

According to your clear and concise statements as well as your lifestyle and daily walk, the answer is absolutely NO. You have clearly stated that you have been and continue to maintain this exact thing...sinning no longer! Perfect obedience perfect righteousness!

Okay I hope you have been satisfied now, let's please move forward and you can provide us with your secrets of infallible flawless discipline, and please let us know if you've met anyone else who is likewise so endowed with this capacity for perfect obedience.

E

EleventhHour

No it was not. It was a general command. Jesus did not say, "Stop committing adultery".

Now who is the one "privately" interpreting, you or me?
You deny context at every turn... when I tell a kid.... "do not do that again" ....they know what I am talking about, it is obvious because of the infraction committed at that moment.

By the way if you think scripture does not require critical analysis you are sadly mistaken.
Even technical writing requires interpretation.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
No it was not. It was a general command. Jesus did not say, "Stop committing adultery".

Now who is the one "privately" interpreting, you or me?
actually, that is interpreted : leave your life on sin", meaning stop sleeping around.

he did not say " you are to never do anything wrong again".

so, there you go. a free lesson.

Jan 12, 2019
We ignore nothing Gong Show....Jesus was born, lived and died UNDER THE LAW which ratified the NEW COVENANT......this is what YOU ARE OBLIVIOUS to and reject on a daily basis!
so before Jesus died to ratify the new covenant, were works also required for the Jews, on top of believing in Jesus?

Feb 29, 2020
Okay I hope you have been satisfied now, let's please move forward and you can provide us with your secrets of infallible flawless discipline, and please let us know if you've met anyone else who is likewise so endowed with this capacity for perfect obedience.
Very well.

Here is my answer.

I do not sin in a willful manner.

I walk in the Spirit so that I do not have to wage an unwinnable battle against sin in the flesh.

If you approach any challenge in life believing you cannot overcome it, you never will.

If I commit a sin in ignorance, I will repent of that sin when it is brought to my mind. Then I will not repeat that sin again because doing so after receiving knowledge of it will become a willful action of disobedience on my part (God see's this as you reproaching him and despising his word); the Bible says that these sins cannot be renewed unto repentance.

It's not you that gets the glory and credit for accomplishing this, it's God; who provides the believer with the Spirit to do this.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Very well.

Here is my answer.

I do not sin in a willful manner.

I walk in the Spirit so that I do not have to wage an unwinnable battle against sin in the flesh.

If you approach any challenge in life believing you cannot overcome it, you never will.

If I commit a sin in ignorance, I will repent of that sin when it is brought to my mind. Then I will not repeat that sin again because doing so after receiving knowledge of it will become a willful action of disobedience on my part (God see's this as you reproaching him and despising his word); the Bible says that these sins cannot be renewed unto repentance.

It's not you that gets the glory and credit for accomplishing this, it's God; who provides the believer with the Spirit to do this.
Okay. So tell us if you have ever met or have otherwise confirmed that any other individual, besides yourself, who likewise lives a lifestyle of perfect obedience and sinlessness?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
According to your clear and concise statements as well as your lifestyle and daily walk, the answer is absolutely NO. You have clearly stated that you have been and continue to maintain this exact thing...sinning no longer! Perfect obedience perfect righteousness!

You know just off the top of my head I was thinking that the Apostle Paul himself had to have been perfectly obedient and sinless. I looked into this a little further and I was shocked to read the following:

(1 Tim 1:15)
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

(Rom 7:14-25)
For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

############################################################################

Evidently you yourself have exceeded the apostle Paul in attaining perfect sinlessness and obedience. That is truly an amazing accomplishment!

Feb 29, 2020
Okay. So tell us if you have ever met or have otherwise confirmed that any other individual, besides yourself, who likewise lives a lifestyle of perfect obedience and sinlessness?
He that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:8).

We'll just leave it here.

Let that be your motivation to show who you are of, God or the devil.

Dec 12, 2013
so before Jesus died to ratify the new covenant, were works also required for the Jews, on top of believing in Jesus?
The bible is clear if one reads it with eyes OPEN.....

Abraham was JUSTIFIED BY FAITH without the DEEDS/WORKS of the LAW long before HE OFFERED ISAAC......

Do you guys actually even study he bible? You constantly conflate the two covenants, wilfully reject that either the O.T. or N.T. it was and is faith that saves/justifies a man before GOD and that the conditional BLESSINGS of the O.T. were aimed at DWELLING IN THE LAND IN THIS PHYSICAL LIFE AND BEING BLESSED BY GOD....they had ZERO to do with being JUSTIFIED POSITIONALLY before GOD in SALVATION!!!

Feb 29, 2020
(1 Tim 1:15)
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

(Rom 7:14-25)
For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

############################################################################

Evidently you yourself have exceeded the apostle Paul in attaining perfect sinlessness and obedience. That is truly an amazing accomplishment!
It amazes me how often these scriptures are twisted.

You left out the verses preceding Titus 1:15.

Here is verse 13:

Who was BEFORE a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

And Romans 7 is not explaining a believer's struggle with sin, it is telling us the struggles of a man walking in the flesh (look at Romans 7:5, it says "When we WERE in the flesh"). In Romans 8 Paul makes it clear that we are NOT in the flesh, but in the Spirit.