Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
Your view makes it sound like God did not know the end from the beginning.
Like what James was saying in chapter 2, there is no need for you to read into what I was asking.

You just need to read my question literally

E

EleventhHour

Like what James was saying in chapter 2, there is no need for you to read into what I was asking.

You just need to read my question literally
What is your point....from another thread I believe you have stated works and faith are both necessary for salvation...that would be wrong.

Jan 12, 2019
What is your point....from another thread I believe you have stated works and faith are both necessary for salvation...that would be wrong.
were, not are. The gospel of the kingdom that was preached, before Paul, required faith AND works.

Think of the 3 time periods where Scripture is placed: Time past, but now, the age to come.

We are in the But now time period, where it is faith apart from works.

E

EleventhHour

were, not are. The gospel of the kingdom that was preached, before Paul, required faith AND works.

Think of the 3 time periods where Scripture is placed: Time past, but now, the age to come.

Do you just make this up? :D

E

eternally-gratefull

Most definitely on all counts.. and I do remember when it all started, much like Fran hard to forget ... someone just could not let it go.
Its funny, With another member here I am in a different christian chat. Its funny how ole petey is so easily recognizable. Yet he denies it is him.. lol.. They think they can fool people..

E

eternally-gratefull

That is the dispensational view, which in my opinion is wrong.

Like I said there is one gospel:

(Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.)

Rom 11 has no details to support your case. You just don't understand it correctly. Same with the dichotomy of claiming James is writing to some future generation of the 12 tribes, when in fact he was writing to the scattered of the 12 tribes of his own time calling them first fruits.

(James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.)

(James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.)

And so does Peter write to the dispersed tribes:

(1 Pet 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia)
There has always been one gospel

So please, stop trying to put all people under a grouping. Actually very few dispy's believe in a different gospel. I only know of one here. Most are like me.

E

EleventhHour

My mistake, I did not type the full name ByStillWaters
Only around a few days... actually states Banned under her name... but same MO even on more obscure threads finding my posts and giving me a laughing emoji or a disagree ... same behaviour.

E

EleventhHour

Its funny, With another member here I am in a different christian chat. Its funny how ole petey is so easily recognizable. Yet he denies it is him.. lol.. They think they can fool people..
So true... so he went some where else, I guess many of them do.

E

EleventhHour

I think you follow some extreme dispensationalism or something...... that would be incorrect.

Salvation has always been by faith.

Jan 12, 2019
I think you follow some extreme dispensationalism or something...... that would be incorrect.

Salvation has always been by faith.
Yes, Salvation has been by faith in God, but as Paul has explained to us in one of his but now in Romans 3

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Its only BUT NOW that you can become righteous with God, apart from the law. That option was not avaliable before the cross.

E

eternally-gratefull

My mistake, I did not type the full name ByStillWaters
Only around a few days... actually states Banned under her name... but same MO even on more obscure threads finding my posts and giving me a laughing emoji or a disagree ... same behaviour.
oh ok, I was wondering, because stillwaters is an old member who was also a mod. I miss him!

E

EleventhHour

You have to read the KJV more. Paul mentioned "But now" many times, especially in Romans. He is our apostle.
I do not think that supports your view.

I say "but now" all the time ... does not mean I have started a new dispensation.