Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
Choice is choice why do you need free... you do know free will was a school of thought among classical Greek philosophers, I do not see the point of dragging that into the discussion.
That means you don't believe omniscience is compatible with free will then. Just want to make that clear.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Are you also a Mid - Acts Dispensationalist?

I really do not know how you can state not one saw Christ and the cross.

If the woman from Samaria recognized Him based on what she knew, certainly people in the OT also saw Christ and the cross.

As well, Paul states in Galatians 3:8, “the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham.
The woman at the well knew nothing of the cross. Are you claiming she knew but none of the disciples?

Jan 12, 2019
I think you like to distort what people say to serve your own purposes.
You are funny. I asked you a specific question about omniscience and free will.

You replied a yes but you changed the terms I used, and then now you actually say I distort your answer, when I was just trying to be clear whether you understood my question.

Jan 12, 2019
If Satan knew the outcome of the cross, he never would have moved Judas to betray Jesus. Satan thought he was gaining the victory.
She has this view regarding free will that basically implies Satan had no free will to decide for himself whether or not to put Jesus on the cross, because God foresaw him doing that from the very beginning.

E

EleventhHour

You are funny. I asked you a specific question about omniscience and free will.

You replied a yes but you changed the terms I used, and then now you actually say I distort your answer, when I was just trying to be clear whether you understood my question.
Why does it have to be free will.. what is wrong with simply using the term "choice?"

Jan 12, 2019
Why does it have to be free will.. what is wrong with simply using the term "choice?"
You are free to use the word choice instead, but if you don't believe in free will in the first place, you are not answering my question at all when you said yes.

E

EleventhHour

The woman at the well knew nothing of the cross. Are you claiming she knew but none of the disciples?
She certainly recognize him as a prophet.. and I never made the claim.

E

EleventhHour

You are free to use the word choice instead, but if you don't believe in free will in the first place, you are not answering my question at all when you said yes.
I really do not get your point at all maybe you could just spell it out instead of playing hide and go seek.

Jan 12, 2019
I really do not get your point at all maybe you could just spell it out instead of hide and go seek.
The question is "Is A compatible with B?"

There is no point replying "Yes, A is compatible with C"

Are you even answering the question at all?

E

EleventhHour

The question is "Is A compatible with B?"

There is no point replying "Yes, A is compatible with C"

Are you even answering the question at all?
What was the question again?

Dec 12, 2013
God planned the cross, Satan was used to initiate Jesus being hated, betrayed and crucified. The cross was Satan attacking the promised seed of Genesis 3:15.
Now wait a minute....you cannot use Genesis 3:15 according to your logic......you just tied Gen. 3:15 to the cross.....!!

Dec 12, 2013
Are you also a Mid - Acts Dispensationalist?

I really do not know how you can state not one saw Christ and the cross.

If the woman from Samaria recognized Him based on what she knew, certainly people in the OT also saw Christ and the cross.

As well, Paul states in Galatians 3:8, “the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham.
He is wrong...plain and simple!

Dec 12, 2013
These people are fond of anticipating revelation. Execution on the cross was a Roman invention and Rome had not existed during the time those prophesies about hanging on a tree were uttered.

They find it difficult to imagine themselves during OT times, when Paul's revelations did not exist, and understanding OT scriptures as it was written then.
hahahh man do you even study....numerous ancient cultures CRUCIFIED people in several different ways....wow man!

Dec 12, 2013
Wow....gotta love the uneducated that say crucifixion was a Roman invention when the Assyrians, Babylonians and especially the Persians CRUCIFIED people.....but hey....the O.T. people had no clue of crucifixion......wow!!!!!!!

Crucifixion most likely began with the Assyrians and Babylonians, and it was also practiced systematically by the by the Persians in the sixth century B.C. according to HISTORIANS, SOME ANCIENT RECORDS etc.....Probably originating with the Assyrians and Babylonians, it was used systematically by the Persians in the 6th century BC. Alexander the Great brought it from there to the eastern Mediterranean countries in the 4th century BC, and the Phoenicians introduced it to Rome in the 3rd century BC.

Jan 12, 2019
hahahh man do you even study....numerous ancient cultures CRUCIFIED people in several different ways....wow man!
Crucifixion was invented by the Persians in 300-400BC and developed, during Roman times, into a punishment for the most serious of criminals

Those OT prophecies that foretold the Messiah on the tree were uttered way before that time period.

Dec 12, 2013
She has this view regarding free will that basically implies Satan had no free will to decide for himself whether or not to put Jesus on the cross, because God foresaw him doing that from the very beginning.
Another embellishment....par for the course with Gong Show....

Pull a verse in context that states Satan put Jesus on the cross....we will all wait....!

Jan 12, 2019
Another embellishment....par for the course with Gong Show....

Pull a verse in context that states Satan put Jesus on the cross....we will all wait....!
I just followed the context of John146 question. If you want, you can change it to "crucified", as stated in 1 Cor 2:8

Dec 12, 2013
Crucifixion was invented by the Persians in 300-400BC and developed, during Roman times, into a punishment for the most serious of criminals

Those OT prophecies that foretold the Messiah on the tree were uttered way before that time period.
It was NOT a Roman invention....and do you think the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks and Phoenicians crucified as a form of massage or a Friday night date or for fun???

Man...you go to any length to not be so wrong when you are wrong!

E

EleventhHour

Why was it invented?