Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

So David was absent from the body and present with the Lord? Why the need for Abraham’s bosom in the heart of the earth?
Let us not conflate .. two different things the experience of God in the OT while on earth and where the Old Testament saints waited.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Let us not conflate .. two different things the experience of God in the OT while on earth and where the Old Testament saints waited.
If their sins were washed away then they would have been present with the Lord upon death. They were not.

E

EleventhHour

If their sins were washed away then they would have been present with the Lord upon death. They were not.
I did not state they were .. the OT saints

But you seem to also deny that the OT saints were justified by faith and therefore saved.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You are religiously delusional if you actually believe that drivel!
So David and the rest of the OT saints were present with the Lord in heaven upon death...Without any blood being shed from the Lord...and I’m delusional...I guess Abraham’s bosom is fictional

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
You are religiously delusional if you actually believe that drivel!
Being new to the present conversation, there may be something I’m not understanding as to why you commented this way decon, but I see nothing wrong with what John said.

Am only addressing where David ended up at his death, not his events of life....did not David end up in Abraham’s bosom? Not heaven which is our destination now because of the blood sacrifice.

My understanding of hell at this OT time is two compartments...with a gulf in between. One for the wicked and the other for the righteous.

Agree?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
So David and the rest of the OT saints were present with the Lord in heaven upon death...Without any blood being shed from the Lord...and I’m delusional...I guess Abraham’s bosom is fictional

You do not think rationally do you? Open your mouth and INSERT FOOT.

GOD's PROMISES are as GOOD AS GOLD, the MOMENT HE Plans them.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
You do not think rationally do you? Open your mouth and INSERT FOOT.

GOD's PROMISES are as GOOD AS GOLD, the MOMENT HE Plans them.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.
Lol, we weren’t in Christ before time began, but the promises.🤦‍♂️

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Being new to the present conversation, there may be something I’m not understanding as to why you commented this way decon, but I see nothing wrong with what John said.

Am only addressing where David ended up at his death, not his events of life....did not David end up in Abraham’s bosom? Not heaven which is our destination now because of the blood sacrifice.

My understanding of hell at this OT time is two compartments...with a gulf in between. One for the wicked and the other for the righteous.

Agree?
Is it not irrelevant where David, Abraham etc went to when they died?

The issue seems to me that some believe that David, Abraham etc were not saved until Jesus shed his blood and rose again.

Was David, Abraham saved before the death and resurrection of Jesus?

I say yes.

Others say no.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Its irrelevant, they were saved before Jesus died on the cross.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
This would be another thread for discussion and am not trying to cause a rabbit trail here.

My personal opinion would be the righteous received paradise by faith but the bride, the Sons, the presence of Father by faith. Heaven and paradise being two separate places.

Jesus bought us, brought us back to our Father.

agree?