Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 19, 2020
By the way, I am not engaging in the petty red X wars. I find it rather childish. "I'll fix you. I'll put a big red X on your post instead of answering it. There, that fixes you." This is what I mean by loving means sometimes refraining from speaking.

I agree DorothyMae.the Red Cross is rather petty.......fruit is really showing on this thread.

I feel some try and cyber bully you into believing them...there are 3 members in particular

May 19, 2020
"treat others as you would like to be treated (that
But Gods law was given to lead you to Christ not to make you righteous

By the way....God,s law didn’t lead me to Christ.....repentance,sorrow and making a mess of my life led me to God.....I cried out to Jesus....that is when the Holy Spirit came into my body and testified to my spirit who he was....my spirit recognised him instantly......Praise God.......I became a new creation a wonderful gift from God......to have God as your Father is the biggest honour anyone can receive.

May 19, 2020
Life Through The Spirit.

Romans 8:16

The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
Now if we are children,then we are heirs- heirs of God and co - heirs with Christ,if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
The Holy Spirit produces the fruit in a born again.....I am forever asking him to make me more like Jesus.

Are you born again?.....how were you saved?

LOL, you just asked one of the most SENIOR, born again Christians, if he is born again. PICK ME, PICK ME! I too am one of the most SENIOR, born again Christians on the board.

Here is what it is like to get old:

NO FUN getting old.

Jun 6, 2020
LOL, you just asked one of the most SENIOR, born again Christians, if he is born again. PICK ME, PICK ME! I too am one of the most SENIOR, born again Christians on the board.

Here is what it is like to get old:

NO FUN getting old.
You are as young as you feel. Age does not matter my brother.

May 19, 2020

Here is one of us talking a slow walk:

NO FUN getting old.

LOL......Nice picture.

The thing is he may be a senior.....but he doesn’t seem to grasp what I mean when I post.

No disrespect sir.....but being a senior member means nothing to me.....it is what is typed that concern me.

Also with rudeness on this site.....yes the Lord changes us....but I do believe we must want to change...for him to work in us....that is how it was for me.....I was the rudest person on the planet at one time....I hated being that way as I believe it upsets God and brings no glory to him what so ever .what do you believe?

May 23, 2020
I agree DorothyMae.the Red Cross is rather petty.......fruit is really showing on this thread.

I feel some try and cyber bully you into believing them...there are 3 members in particular
Thanks so much Jackierose! Your name says rose but you’re a peach. ;)

The test of a person’s love is not how they behave towards those who share their thinking but how they respond when others disagree.

May 19, 2020
Thanks so much Jackierose! Your name says rose but you’re a peach. ;)

The test of a person’s love is not how they behave towards those who share their thinking but how they respond when others disagree.

Amen!.......

May 19, 2020
You may find it interesting that jackrosie is a brand-new member, It is fully supportive of every single post of DorothyMae, and espousing ignorance or outright rebuke of all of the other knowledgeable and biblically astute posters on this thread.

I am not much of a conspiracy theorist but perhaps we have a troll tag team working this thread!!??? Could it be?

Very Christian like....being accused of being trolls.....because we disagree with some of their teaching.

It reminds me of a parent who pushes their child’s face in their dinner,because they don’t like it,so refuse to eat it....and the parent shouts... “You Will Eat It”..it’s called control......thank you Lord that you are the one leading me.

maryjohanna

May 24, 2020
hello all!! so, I intend to read this thread from 1 because I think this is a really important doctrinal matter; however, before I read everything, I do want to say that I have sifted through a lot of the recent posts and have noticed a lot of tension. By no means am I trying to impose myself on discussions that I have not been a part of, especially as a new member. It was, though, kind of heart breaking to read the way people were interacting and communicating on this thread over a mere difference of opinion. Yes, it is important, and I am not denying that. I just don't want everyone to be blinded by the fact that we are all FAMILY in Christ. And we are here to edify one another, build one another up, and learn from each other. We should be learning and teaching with and IN absolute love. Conversations like this are healthy and build us up. This is good. They become unhealthy, though, when seemingly rude comments and criticisms become a consistent part of the conversation.

I really don't want to be attacked and no one should feel like that's even a possibility on this CHRISTIAN forum. Romans 14:19 tells us to pursue what makes for peace and "mutual upbuilding." Hebrews 12 tells us to strive for peace with everyone [v. 14], 2 Timothy 2 tells us to avoid irreverent babble because it will lead people into deeper ungodliness [v. 16], Proverbs 18 shares with us that those who answer before they hear have the true folly and shame [v. 13]. I am truly, again, not trying to insert myself into business that isn't mine, point blame, or approach this with a "holier than thou" attitude. I just wanted to remind everyone that it is okay to disagree and feel differently about something, as long as we are taking the time to LISTEN to the other side. We can all have a peaceful and edifying convo without arguing and pushing people away!! I know one thing: I didnt come on this forum JUST to share what I think and make it about my thoughts - I came here to learn, and discuss, and discover, and see things in a way I wouldnt normally so that I could familiarize myself with the thoughts of my brothers and sisters. I am looking forward to talking further about this topic [hopefully NICELY] after I complete reading the thread.

Remember, "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another" [Proverbs 27:17].

God bless everyone!!

Pulie

May 26, 2020
Please show me how to answer step by step, the way you just answered me.
You are right about the renewal part,my mind was partially renewed, hence, I received Jesus. However, my life did not drastically change on the spot. Still had my old habits.
I need enough faith to be saved?
How much faith did you have?

Was it because you did not have enough faith? If your mind was not renewed. Something was seriously wrong

If they ended their again. Did they have faith. I would say no
no faith. No salvation

He who began a good work in you will complete it. This is the promise of Gid
You focus to
Much on self. You should
Focus more on God, That’s why I also Tend to question your faith.

Well that's apostacy, but you probably don't consider it because once saved always saved.
So faith turns us into godly people?
You cannot have faith and remain in sin?

You mentioned "enough faith", and "faith" many times, hence my conclusion of you should have been "you focus more on self you should focus on God,that's why I tend to question your faith".
Well that's not my conclusion of you because I read your other posts and realized you depend on God.

So you don't read the Bible?, on what basis are you questioning my faith?. Let me guess, I mentioned "I repent" and "changed my ways",what if I wanted to go straight to the point assuming you read my other posts about dependence of God?
Question: Is your faith perfect?, are you confident that I won't question your faith if I read everything you said in this thread?

Stage? There is on stage. That is to have faith in Christ. At that stage he adopts you as his child and begin me to renew you on the inside and out

Remember he who began that work (at first stage). Will
Complete it

E

eternally-gratefull

This is so sad. God's law was given, according to you, not so that you would treat others as you would like to be treated (that is what righteous is) but so that you might be saved and go to Heaven. End of story for many, I guess. I am very sorry for what my brothers and sisters are missing. This, too, is a fruit of focusing on the joy of being saved and that is it. Not saved from sin, mind you, just the punishment.
I will listen to Paul, and pray you do also

Gal 3:
Purpose of the Law
19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. 22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our [g]tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

not sure why everyone wants to go back to the tutor, or declair the tutor is something it is not.

E

eternally-gratefull

Who was talking about righteousness?...I was talking about obedience and how it brings you much closer to God.
again, the law had a putpose

bringing you to god was the purpose. Not bringing you closer

if you are trying to find obedience in the law and think you are obedient, you have mistranslated the law.

all the law can do is show you how sinful you are and Gods answer and response to that sin. People who look to the law and think they are obedient have not been trained by the law, like the pharisee, they Think they are obedient when they are not.

jesus told us how to be obedient, I was praying so hard you would show what Jesus said, Paul had many instructions also, as did the rest of the NT writers,

I can pray you start listening to them,

E

eternally-gratefull

The Holy Spirit produces the fruit in a born again.....I am forever asking him to make me more like Jesus.
what does this HS lead You to do?

Are you born again?.....how were you saved?
ready john 3 - 6,

I was born again by faith, in receiving the living water that flowers to eternal life and eating the bread from heaven in whome one will eat and never die. I was given Gods assurance he will raise me on the last day, because like peter, I understood a Jesus had the words of eternal life. And I placed my faith in him, his words, and received his sacrifice by answering yes when he called me.

E

eternally-gratefull

I don’t understand your point.....how else would I know I was born again....God testified to my spirit that I am his child....I am surprised you don’t understand that...

That is how I know I am born again...
all I hear is how you think obedience comes from the law. And how good you think you are

yes, the spirit testifies, but I know many people who say this who have no fruit, and I do not see anything which woud she me they are a christian, all they do is tell everyone how obedient they are and how we all need to be like them. And judging those who are not,, just like the pharisees did

E

eternally-gratefull

By the way....God,s law didn’t lead me to Christ.....repentance,sorrow and making a mess of my life led me to God.....I cried out to Jesus....that is when the Holy Spirit came into my body and testified to my spirit who he was....my spirit recognised him instantly......Praise God.......I became a new creation a wonderful gift from God......to have God as your Father is the biggest honour anyone can receive.
so paul was a liar? What lead you to repentance, how did you even know yu were a sinner. How could you possibly understand The cross was the sacrifice that washed you and made you white as snow?

i am not doubting your salvation I do not know I can not judge

i am questioning your means of sanctification though

E

eternally-gratefull

LOL......Nice picture.

The thing is he may be a senior.....but he doesn’t seem to grasp what I mean when I post.

No disrespect sir.....but being a senior member means nothing to me.....it is what is typed that concern me.

Also with rudeness on this site.....yes the Lord changes us....but I do believe we must want to change...for him to work in us....that is how it was for me.....I was the rudest person on the planet at one time....I hated being that way as I believe it upsets God and brings no glory to him what so ever .what do you believe?
1. You should not assume
2. I have a purpose in all my questions, it is you sir, who do not seem to grasp why I am answering. Certain questions

E

eternally-gratefull

Please show me how to answer step by step, the way you just answered me.
You are right about the renewal part,my mind was partially renewed, hence, I received Jesus. However, my life did not drastically change on the spot. Still had my old habits.
I need enough faith to be saved?
How much faith did you have?
Do you have faith that the God you claimed to have saved you will continue what he started, that the food you ate will endure to eternal life, that as long as God lives you will live, because he is in you, that it is not your performance which will ultimately decide your eternal fate, but your faith, and that God, who you entrusted your eternity to is faithful? Do you as John said, KNOW that you possess eternal life. And your Abba father is there 24/7 when you need him, and no matter how bad you messed up you are free to go not in fear but with joy and peace and a sound mind. Because you know he loves you with the love only a father has.

May 23, 2020
what does this HS lead You to do?
Forgive those who attack and falsely accuse you.
ready john 3 - 6,

I was born again by faith, in receiving the living water that flowers to eternal life and eating the bread from heaven in whome one will eat and never die. I was given Gods assurance he will raise me on the last day, because like peter, I understood a Jesus had the words of eternal life. And I placed my faith in him, his words, and received his sacrifice by answering yes when he called me.
Then you must be quite satisfied having assurance of your deepest desire. I am not in the least being sarcastic. I really mean it. You are likely quite satisfied.

Jan 25, 2015
So when god repented about creating man he was turning away from doing wrong?
:) this is where the translations are not guiding us correctly.

Every time God repented the word nacham is being used meaning God was sorry, have pity or compassion on us.

There is another word for repent and it is shuv (Eze 18:30), when we repent we should shuv which literally means to turn back, to return or go back. The Hebrew picture is to go in one direction and do a 180 degree turn moving into another direction. So we have to turn around and move back to the will of God.