Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Actually it’s just your opinion. I gave you the truth in a scripture.
No...
I gave her Scripture , and you ask me how is that meant to make her feel...
I stand on the word of God that you call cheap , and Gods word is the truth over your feelings any day that you replied with...
I am still getting my head around the fact that you call Gods word cheap , I have never ever heard anyone say such a thing...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
John 6:68
Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life.

Thank God for His word , that we can search the Scriptures daily as He leads us home Amen...
...xox...

May 31, 2020
And?.......so what I have switched....I have been reading a lot of posts and quite honestly wished I hadn’t.as I get confused.no shame in that.
In a heartfelt gesture I would encourage you to step away from CC, even for just a few hours, to read Scripture and pray. I pray any and all confusion is removed from you and replaced with God’s blessings of peace and assurance.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Never in a million years.....he died for me.
Ok I asked you if you felt you could ever lose your salvation.
You said no and I asked why

Because the Holy Spirit resides in me...and has promised never to leave me...I belong to God I am his child.
And then I asked you could you ever leave him and you said

Never in a million years.....he died for me.
So what is there to be confused.

He is in you, you are in him and he will never leave you and you him.

We have the Holy Spirit in us and as a result we are in Jesus.

Now if he promised never to leave or forsake us, and you say you never will.

Who is keeping who?

May 31, 2020
I NEVER claimed that. You are mistaken in your reading of my posts.
Then it’s safe to say you’re not as obedient to God as you claim one should be, otherwise your relationship with Him would be Rock solid.

May 19, 2020
Ok I asked you if you felt you could ever lose your salvation.
You said no and I asked why

And then I asked you could you ever leave him and you said

So what is there to be confused.

He is in you, you are in him and he will never leave you and you him.

We have the Holy Spirit in us and as a result we are in Jesus.

Now if he promised never to leave or forsake us, and you say you never will.

Who is keeping who?

The Lord is keeping me...and will continue to do so....until I take my last breath.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I walk by faith not by my feelings.
I pray a lot more belivers would do this.

My feelings dictated my faith but had to realise it should be the other way around

Our faith should dictate our feelings and when it does our feelings align with our faith.

I have found that very hard and still have to fight.

The object of our faith and belief is essential and it's truth/reality and outworking must be correct, if not then our feelings will always dictate our faith and behaviour.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
The Lord is keeping me...and will continue to do so....until I take my last breath.
Keep that belief in your heart , and do not allow the false "teachers " to come a long with their fake gospel...
We all doubt , but like I said , just go to Gods word for confirmation of who you are in Christ , let God be true and every man a liar...

I will pray for you because we all need prayers , and as Jesus said " Do not let anyone take from you what you know to be true , what you have spoken is truth...
...xox...
Matthew 24:4
Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you.

May 31, 2020
If you are on the fency about OSAS, consider the kinds of posts those who believe this write you and what they say to you about you and see if you want to become like them. REmember, the teaching that you are going to Heaven no matter what evil you do to anyone does not bear good fruit. It means you can just "let -er rip" when you feel angry and are under no obligation to treat others as you would like to be treated. Your ticket to Heaven is secure no matter what. Surely the fruit of this is clear.

ANd no church teaches the above but it is a fruit of the teaching. If a church were honest enough to teach the above the cat would be out of the bag. They word it such that those truly saved WON'T DO any such thing to anyone because they are regenerated and so on. That these believers actually DO WRONG is ignored. The law of OSAS says they won't behave has we see they do.

SO if you are considering that theology look at the fruit of it. Jeers and yawns and other very childish (at best) behaviour. Do you really want to become like them. A little leaven leavens the whole lump so make no mistake, the pattern of the type of person they become is repeated. As a man thinks, so is he.
You appear to be extremely threatened by JR beholding the truth of eternal security. Very threatened indeed.

May 31, 2020
Are you serious , do you not hear yourself...
I gave her Scripture that we are to stand on , you know the Scripture reading that you call cheap , I say may God have mercy on you...

And she understood , but you do not want her understanding that she is secure in Christ , you would rather see her wavering on your false gospel , well I am more concerned about her soul by feeding her Gods word...
Where did she call Scripture cheap?

E

eternally-gratefull

Me too. Do you want to go back there? OSAS will give you freedom to give into temptation to do so. There is no reason in OSAS theology not to be nasty if Heaven is your only goal. (They will tell you that you will lose rewards but when I ask them what rewards, they don't know. Not much of a motiation.) When you are tempted to be nasty, OSAS paves the way. (Of course they do not teach this but it is the reality of believing that theology if a Person wants to be nasty or engage in any other wrong pleasure.)
One thing is obvious

you do not understand osas at all