Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 12, 2013
It is one thing to attempt to open the eyes of a lost person bound under a false religion....BUT THE BIBLE IS CLEAR concerning ONE that corrupts the gospel and or peddles a false view adamantly while disregarding the truth...

Oppose them, count them as cursed, reject THEM....

A heretic after the first and second admonition is to be REJECTED.....the word HERETIC comes from two GREEK WORDS that mean OPINIONATED ONE....the GOSPEL is clear....and one that EMBELLISHES IT OR TWISTS IT OR SKEWS IT is to be opposed and rejected!!!

E

EleventhHour

Okay, I had to look up ecumenical, too....

Definition of ecumenical. 1a : of, relating to, or representing the whole of a body of churches. b : promoting or tending toward worldwide Christian unity or cooperation. 2 : worldwide or general in extent, influence, or application.
Replace cooperation with compromise.

Jesus stated "I am the Way the Truth and the Life"

Shall we compromise Jesus then?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
One of the biggest problems with xianity....this ooey, gooey love thay embraces all, accepts all, identifies false teachers as "brethern" and accepts some pseudo ecuminical we are all trying to get to the same place garbage.....It is one thing to instruct a wayward person bound and deceived by false religion...and yet NO WHERE are we given the leeway to embrace, coddle or accept the ONE'S PEDDLING a false gospel....indeed they ARE the enemies of Christ and the messengers of SATAN and they are to be opposed by a firm stance in the truth....sickening!
Hold on dc, Jesus opposed the Pharisees because they were denying The and Their very own Messiah that they should have recognized if the Pharisees had been preaching Moses and the Prophets CORRECTLY.

They fell short and missed the mark because they loved the praise of man more than the praise of God. This too was King Saul's demise - eyes on the people and NOT God.

What does this mean to us as true born again believers? KNOW THE WORD and be FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. It's NOT a physical warfare it is "celestial" or "spiritual" warfare, as you said. Don't look at the people, have no fear of people - they are POWERLESS.

All true born again believers have angels assigned to them and they are sealed with the Holy Spirit - spiritually mark that they belong to God which means angels, demons, devils, evil spirits, Jesus and the Father can see the MARK on all that are HIS.

What are we to fear, seriously???

Yes, the Seal of the Holy Spirit is a TARGET on us in the Spiritual Realm but that very same TARGET causes the enemy to TREMBLE. All we got to do is SEE what they SEE!!! God's children.....

I just don't care about the enemy, God has everything on a time schedule.......I'm staying with the Good Shepherd and encourage others to do the same.

Stop looking at the people and look at the souls.....have dove's eyes, see the souls in the spirit....don't be moved by what people say. It matters more what the Holy Spirit says and gives you eyes to see.......I refuse to fear or fret.....or engage in silly arguments.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
PAUL, under INSPIRATION Commanded and SAID that ANYONE THAT CORRUPTS THE GOSPEL of Christ are to be considered ACCURSED and NOT coddled, embraced and or smoozed....
You and I both agree that salvation is in CHRIST ALONE.

I can disagree with DorothyMae and still love her! You cannot convince me NOT to love!

Loving someone DOES NOT mean I agree with them on a certain thing that they believe to be true.

It just means I value them, God values them.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I will not refuse to engage with those who decide they know it all, have it all, while putting down myself and others. I dislike falsehoods on any level. Nope I won't sit quietly when I know the truth.

Dec 12, 2013
Replace cooperation with compromise.

Jesus stated "I am the Way the Truth and the Life"

Shall we compromise Jesus then?
My view.....anything beyond salvation and the gospel of salvation is a matter of teaching.....but the GOSPEL of salvation is the absolute foundationional message and is the bed rock foundation for everything that comes after....no man can be saved by the mesaage if it is corrupted, skewed, embellished etc., AND this is why the call to reject oppose, deny and refuse to embrace those that peddle a false gospel is so adamant in scriptures......John, Jesus, Peter and PAUL adamently OPPOSED those that peddled a corrupted gospel!

Dec 12, 2013
I will not refuse to engage with those who decide they know it all, have it all, while putting down myself and others. I dislike falsehoods on any level. Nope I won't sit quietly when I know the truth.
Nor will I ever coddle one that so adamently opposes the truth while devaluing Jesus, his word, his promises.....this modern xianity that embraces false teachers under the banner of "love" sickens me.......instead of writing LOVE LETTERS TO THEM they need to be opposed, rejected and given the full blown truth in all it's glory.

E

EleventhHour

My view.....anything beyond salvation and the gospel of salvation is a matter of teaching.....but the GOSPEL of salvation is the absolute foundationional message and is the bed rock foundation for everything that comes after....no man can be saved by the mesaage if it is corrupted, skewed, embellished etc., AND this is why the call to reject oppose, deny and refuse to embrace those that peddle a false gospel is so adamant in scriptures......John, Jesus, Peter and PAUL adamently OPPOSED those that peddled a corrupted gospel!
Absolutely!!

As you have stated and I have really come to understand as well ...."no power to save"

The Gospel is everything.

Dec 12, 2013
Did Jesus fawn all over the Pharisees, coddle them and write ooey, gooey love letters to them....OR DID HE RIP THEM, drive them from the temple with a whip, call them hypocrites, white washed coffins with the bones of dead men, blind etc......??????

ARE we not to be like JESUS???

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
dc, the anti-christ is coming.....we can't stop it.....it's God's plan....PREACH the GOSPEL.......when trying to be silenced, preach even louder........speak the Truth in LOVE, we're sheep for the slaughter.....

Confront the lies with Truth, those that have an ear WILL HEAR. We preach, it's up to God to open the ears and the eyes and the hearts and the mind of the people.......but, still.....we preach!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Is LOVE motivating you? Because LOVE is what motivates God.........

Dec 12, 2013
Or John and the Pharisees....Oh, I love you guys, I know you lead people to hell by your doctrine, but I just love you soooo much.....let us sing Kum Ba Yah because even though I disagree with you I know you are sincere and we should love each other!

OR DID HE CALL THEM snakes, vipers and that the axe would be laid to their root!!!!!!!! WHO hath warned you to flee the wrath to come!!!!

E

EleventhHour

You and I both agree that salvation is in CHRIST ALONE.

I can disagree with DorothyMae and still love her! You cannot convince me NOT to love!

Loving someone DOES NOT mean I agree with them on a certain thing that they believe to be true.

It just means I value them, God values them.
With all due respect this is not the point....the point is guarding, defending and protecting truth.

We should not empower them ...we are to disassociate to remove their audience.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yes, I agree the gospel of salvation is the absolute foundational message.....but, what is the foundational message of the gospel of salvation? GOD LOVES YOU! Without God loving us, there is NO GOSPEL.

Preach the GOSPEL WITH GOD's LOVE! Stop condemning and seek to love.

Love rebukes the sinner and calls them to repentance hating their sin yet, loving their soul.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Or John and the Pharisees....Oh, I love you guys, I know you lead people to hell by your doctrine, but I just love you soooo much.....let us sing Kum Ba Yah because even though I disagree with you I know you are sincere and we should love each other!

OR DID HE CALL THEM snakes, vipers and that the axe would be laid to their root!!!!!!!! WHO hath warned you to flee the wrath to come!!!!
John was speaking to Pharisees and teachers of the law that should have known better because they had the TORAH.

Do you know who you are speaking to all the time?

Dec 12, 2013
dc, the anti-christ is coming.....we can't stop it.....it's God's plan....PREACH the GOSPEL.......when trying to be silenced, preach even louder........speak the Truth in LOVE, we're sheep for the slaughter.....

Confront the lies with Truth, those that have an ear WILL HEAR. We preach, it's up to God to open the ears and the eyes and the hearts and the mind of the people.......but, still.....we preach!
Love and truth go hand in hand, they are sisters....and yes we are to preach out of of love to the lost, but you are failing to grasp....FALSE TEACHERS that OPPOSE the truth tooth and nail are to be treated differently...OPPOSED, considered cursed, denied, rejected, laid bare etc..... .

You can read every post I have made and see clearly HOW I have dealt very softly with SOME and HARD AS NAILS with those that corrupt the gospel and refuse to be open to solid truth in context.....and you know....GOD HAS USED ME to reach MILLIONS of people dia CC, Radio, TV, Cable, a Churches, Internet, Writing a Book, etc....SOME I deal with while wearing the proverbial gloves.....SOME I rake over the coals.....but WHEN I encounter ONE that absolutely corrupts the gospel, refuses to listen, digs their heels in, etc...I cut them zero slack and for sure WILL NOT CODDLE THEM.....ask Jaime how I dealt with him behind the scenes and others....he was open to it and I dealt with him softly....but this current resident absolutely opposes JESUS tooth and nail!

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
WHO hath warned you to flee the wrath to come!!!!
Btw, would you please elaborate why was this said? Was it just the contempt for them as a group? Or were they insincere in wanting to be baptized? Jesus did not treat Nicodemus in this way, and Nicodemus came to Him secretly, yet these came openly to be baptized, when you pulled that verse just then I realized I've never really understood why were they told this.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
With all due respect this is not the point....the point is guarding, defending and protecting truth.

We should not empower them ...we are to disassociate to remove their audience.
Also with all due respect, LOVE is the POINT in guarding, defending, protecting and preaching the Truth.

I am not empowering false teachers, I am confronting them with Truth and if the Truth is rejected then I am disassociating myself.

E

EleventhHour

Also with all due respect, LOVE is the POINT in guarding, defending, protecting and preaching the Truth.

I am not empowering false teachers, I am confronting them with Truth and if the Truth is rejected then I am disassociating myself.
I perceive a shift in your view.
That is a good thing.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Love and truth go hand in hand, they are sisters....and yes we are to preach out of of love to the lost, but you are failing to grasp....FALSE TEACHERS that OPPOSE the truth tooth and nail are to be treated differently...OPPOSED, considered cursed, denied, rejected, laid bare etc..... .

You can read every post I have made and see clearly HOW I have dealt very softly with SOME and HARD AS NAILS with those that corrupt the gospel and refuse to be open to solid truth in context.....and you know....GOD HAS USED ME to reach MILLIONS of people dia CC, Radio, TV, Cable, a Churches, Internet, Writing a Book, etc....SOME I deal with while wearing the proverbial gloves.....SOME I rake over the coals.....but WHEN I encounter ONE that absolutely corrupts the gospel, refuses to listen, digs their heels in, etc...I cut them zero slack and for sure WILL NOT CODDLE THEM.....ask Jaime how I dealt with him behind the scenes and others....he was open to it and I dealt with him softly....but this current resident absolutely opposes JESUS tooth and nail!
dc, love and truth go hand in hand but, mercy and truth kiss.... Love has mercy and only kisses truth with mercy. Sometimes there are no words.......just a kiss of mercy...."you just totally trashed me and I'm not going to hate you because, God loves you!" That's a kiss of mercy.

There are so many hurting people in this world from all countries, nations, religions, whatever........that have just been beat up - they are broken, bruised, confused, lost and ANGRY AT EVERYBODY even God and are so ready to fight with anybody.

Take the time to ask more questions, find out who you're speaking to, don't cause more collateral damage.

It sounds like you are helping MANY people! Yay!!!!

My heart just went out to DorothyMae. I pray for her soul because I know she is loved by God very much.

You're like this incredible thoroughbred bred stallion horse that is full of strength and vigor ready to bust out of the stall yet he needs the reins of love to guide and control his strength and the Holy Spirit to be his jockey, to give him calm and focus on God's calling that gives him precise sharpness to hit the bullseye on the target of man's souls.

I do love and am inspired by your zeal for the Gospel of Jesus Christ! :love:(y)