Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 19, 2020
I completely agree about truth tolerates lies...
I know only to well about that..the Lord showed me something personal between two people I know,
He showed me that they were lieing @DorothyMae ....

He also spoke to me and said.....It is for me to uncover their lie and not you JR.

Guess what he uncovered their lie in his strength,his timing....Praise God.

Self can not uncover a lie...only God can.

This is where many slip up......they try and do it in their own strength and all the shouting and bawling won’t change that fact.

God uncovers them.

May 19, 2020
If they don’t see what the Bible writers intend to communicate, they won’t see other truth when presented.

I’ll give you a clue as to the reason in the human heart for false doctrine. It always appeals to something wrong in man. OSAS assures heaven without the need to even continue believing. It appeals to laziness. Jesus is said to do it all for you. The two way relationship is made into one way.

Those who reject that know that they must take care which is not works but the same as a man cares for his marriage. That does not involve works but nevertheless effort is expanded and selfishness reigned in.

I don’t see it that way...God testified to my spirit that I am saved,his Spirit is entwined in mine..he will take my spirit with his when my body dies to heaven where I will be with my Father.

He doesn’t promote laziness in me far from it..he keeps me saved because he resides in my heart....if I am rude to someone on here,he usually lets me know straight away in my spirit..he wants me to apologise.
Once I do I feel peace....going my own way I have no peace.

I have great peace in my heart since I have put some members on ignore...I don’t see them defending the Gospel in the right way......as they see me as a false teacher....

Some need much prayers and heart softening..in Jesus Name.Amen.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Also @DorothyMae ...God is not a God of confusion.

But the devil is and he can play havoc in the mind.

If you are confused it’s not from God..put your trust in God and ask him to help you with your confusion...I don’t agree with a lot of your teaching....as you don’t agree with a lot of what I believe,like osas.

The one area I 100% agree with you.....”you will know them by the fruit they bear”.......they are a dead giveaway.

They also twist and turn what you are trying to say.to try and make you look bad...they are sly,but I can see straight through them......like saying one Denys scripture......the reason being.
Because I don’t see it their way.
@jackrosie ...
Sometimes I believe through your post that you let your emotions get the better off you...
This is not about feelings , it is about Scripture...

I agree with the ignore button for EXTREME cases , like trolls , but if I had certain members on ignore that you have , I would not of learned how I was taking Scripture out off context...

There are a lot of people who rub me up the wrong way , but I do not engage , I just scroll past ...
If we all loved those who love back , what good is that ? You are also accusing those on your ignore list , and speaking really behind their back on an open forum , that is like gossip , slander... I send this to you in love...
...xox...

May 19, 2020
@jackrosie ...
Sometimes I believe through your post that you let your emotions get the better off you...
This is not about feelings , it is about Scripture...

I agree with the ignore button for EXTREME cases , like trolls , but if I had certain members on ignore that you have , I would not of learned how I was taking Scripture out off context...

There are a lot of people who rub me up the wrong way , but I do not engage , I just scroll past ...
If we all loved those who love back , what good is that ? You are also accusing those on your ignore list , and speaking really behind their back on an open forum , that is like gossip , slander... I send this to you in love...
...xox...

No I disagree..it is about scripture and the “HEART”

You can accuse me of what you like...you are being led by your emotions.
Speaking behind their back,slander,gossip....are you serious,I guess you read some of their posts.

Who said anything about love...what are you talking about....they are on ignore,because of how they upset my spirit..nothing to do with loving them.
They are extreme trolls
I send this also to you in Love..

Your post is full of emotions..no disrespect said in love.

I pray for their hearts that God softens them.

May 23, 2020
I don’t see it that way...God testified to my spirit that I am saved,his Spirit is entwined in mine..he will take my spirit with his when my body dies to heaven where I will be with my Father.
That is correct today. If you change you mind and decide not to believe that changes matters. I can give you heaps of conditional promises.
He doesn’t promote laziness in me far from it..he keeps me saved because he resides in my heart....if I am rude to someone on here,he usually lets me know straight away in my spirit..he wants me to apologise.
Once I do I feel peace....going my own way I have no peace.
Perfect!! That’s how it should be although he doesn’t promise to keep you saved. Nevertheless He is committed. He won’t leave. If you leave He won’t entrap you so you can’t.
I have great peace in my heart since I have put some members on ignore...I don’t see them defending the Gospel in the right way......as they see me as a false teacher....

Some need much prayers and heart softening..in Jesus Name.Amen.
I agree. One is particularl has been on my heart.

May 19, 2020
He has promised to keep me saved..that is in my heart not to be taken away...
He will never leave or forsake me....
So the enemy can do one!.

May 19, 2020
@Rosmaryx...you say my emotions get the better of me...

Some on here also let “ANGER” get the better of them.

I will “NOT” agree with what I believe to be lies.
I do not agree with everything @DorothyMae teaches..neither does she me.
But we discuss in a “CIVIL MANNER” and will continue to do so.
If you think the trolls way is the right way...then you carry on,but don’t involve me in it.

May 23, 2020
He has promised to keep me saved..that is in my heart not to be taken away...
He will never leave or forsake me....
So the enemy can do one!.
No scripture promises this but only that we have our small part to play. I know of a brother who prayed asking God to take him home if he knew he would fall away. A few days later he was killed in a vehicle accident. If one asks God for protection then in the interaction of relationship that is possible. If one, however, try’s to force God to do something not promised outside of relationship like a lawyer, that is not the same.

May 19, 2020
No scripture promises this but only that we have our small part to play. I know of a brother who prayed asking God to take him home if he knew he would fall away. A few days later he was killed in a vehicle accident. If one asks God for protection then in the interaction of relationship that is possible. If one, however, try’s to force God to do something not promised outside of relationship like a lawyer, that is not the same.

I disagree..I am born again...only those who are born again will see the kingdom of Heaven...there is the promise..plus born again was testified to my spirit that I am his child and that I am born again....he knew me before I was born.......

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
@Rosmaryx...you say my emotions get the better of me...

Some on here also let “ANGER” get the better of them.

I will “NOT” agree with what I believe to be lies.
I do not agree with everything @DorothyMae teaches..neither does she me.
But we discuss in a “CIVIL MANNER” and will continue to do so.
If you think the trolls way is the right way...then you carry on,but don’t involve me in it.
The trolls way the right way ? ,
I ignore the trolls , with the ignore button...
When I first came to this site , I thought @dcontroversal was horrid , I even wept on one occasion , but what I did not know was that I was wrong in my posting , and I was using my emotions more than the word...
Now I am more mature , I came back to posting because I was standing on the word , not my emotions...

@dcontroversal has a righteous anger for the word , but I agree I have seen many people post in an unrighteous way , and that is not nice , but I admit I have behaved that way myself...

I see when you become emotional , I can see it through your posting , but we , as in myself , must be careful what we accuse the brethren off...
...xox...

May 19, 2020
The trolls way the right way ? ,
I ignore the trolls , with the ignore button...
When I first came to this site , I thought @dcontroversal was horrid , I even wept on one occasion , but what I did not know was that I was wrong in my posting , and I was using my emotions more than the word...
Now I am more mature , I came back to posting because I was standing on the word , not my emotions...

@dcontroversal has a righteous anger for the word , but I agree I have seen many people post in an unrighteous way , and that is not nice , but I admit I have behaved that way myself...

I see when you become emotional , I can see it through your posting , but we , as in myself , must be careful what we accuse the brethren off...
...xox...

I have @dcontroversal on ignore,there he will stay....I don’t agree with what you say about him.

I see you say we must be careful what we accuse the brethren of.....that’s why I have him and others on ignore,because of what he has accused me of.

I find it interesting that you say when you see my posts as being emotional.....but others you don’t see as emotional...you see them as righteous anger....well,I don’t see them how you see them.

I also see you as being easily led by others...not by scripture....but definitely by your emotions..I’ve seen it for quite a while now.

Like you I am also very observant.

I also stand on the word....in Love and Firmness.....not sarcasm and trolling.

May 23, 2020
I disagree..I am born again...only those who are born again will see the kingdom of Heaven...there is the promise..plus born again was testified to my spirit that I am his child and that I am born again....he knew me before I was born.......
You can disagree but you cannot produce a scripture that promises He keeps you saved and you can never leave. It’s kind of a fact. There is none. He prayed hard for Peter who fell away because there is no promise that we can never change our minds.

I know the handful of isolated OSAS verses taken out of context, the context of which is not salvation.

May 19, 2020
You can disagree but you cannot produce a scripture that promises He keeps you saved and you can never leave. It’s kind of a fact. There is none. He prayed hard for Peter who fell away because there is no promise that we can never change our minds.

I know the handful of isolated OSAS verses taken out of context, the context of which is not salvation.

I just did...only a born again will see heaven....a “true born again “ that is...I don’t believe that has been taken out of context...it’s there in black and white...a born again will see heaven
I believe I am osas @DorothyMae .....so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

E

EleventhHour

If they don’t see what the Bible writers intend to communicate, they won’t see other truth when presented.

I’ll give you a clue as to the reason in the human heart for false doctrine. It always appeals to something wrong in man. OSAS assures heaven without the need to even continue believing. It appeals to laziness. Jesus is said to do it all for you. The two way relationship is made into one way.

Those who reject that know that they must take care which is not works but the same as a man cares for his marriage. That does not involve works but nevertheless effort is expanded and selfishness reigned in.
NOSAS cannot deal with "Not of Yourselves" can it?

You make that so obvious in every post.

Your own argument reveals exactly why NOSAS is false and against the Gospel.. it is quite comical.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I have @dcontroversal on ignore,there he will stay....I don’t agree with what you say about him.

I see you say we must be careful what we accuse the brethren of.....that’s why I have him and others on ignore,because of what he has accused me of.

I find it interesting that you say when you see my posts as being emotional.....but others you don’t see as emotional...you see them as righteous anger....well,I don’t see them how you see them.

I also see you as being easily led by others...not by scripture....but definitely by your emotions..I’ve seen it for quite a while now.

Like you I am also very observant.

I also stand on the word....in Love and Firmness.....not sarcasm and trolling.
By the way @jackrosie , I hope you know I have never thought of you as a troll...
The rest of your post is your opinion about me , as mine about you , maybe we are both very emotional people :giggle:

I have a very sensitive heart , and I am still learning not to let that cloud my judgement , it is hard at times because I feel sorry that it looks like people are being picked on, but the truth must be spoken , the sword must swing for the truth to stand...
...xox...

May 23, 2020
I just did...only a born again will see heaven....a “true born again “ that is...I don’t believe that has been taken out of context...it’s there in black and white...a born again will see heaven
I believe I am osas @DorothyMae .....so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Where is that scripture that says “only a born again believer will see heaven and they can never ever fall away?” You made the statement but I asked for a scripture.

May 19, 2020
By the way @jackrosie , I hope you know I have never thought of you as a troll...
The rest of your post is your opinion about me , as mine about you , maybe we are both very emotional people :giggle:

I have a very sensitive heart , and I am still learning not to let that cloud my judgement , it is hard at times because I feel sorry that it looks like people are being picked on, but the truth must be spoken , the sword must swing for the truth to stand...
...xox...
Amen,the sword must be swung the right way.

I think you have heart and emotions mixed up.....The heart is where God resides....emotions are of self..walking by feelings and emotions..I have done that in the past.

Not now...if you believe I am walking by my emotions..that is your opinion...it certainly isn’t truth.....I walk in Spirit and truth....

I will not be led by others I will question and challenge them..just like I did dear DorothyMae......but I will be civil and polite...if you call that being led by my emotions..then so be it..I can live with that.

Words like that don’t penetrate my heart...no sarcasm or trolling does.

E

EleventhHour

You place some on ignore because you have no answer to the scripture when presented in it's full weight

I read the subversion and denial of His work, His promises, His faithfulness to His adopted children, you make the CROSS necessary but not sufficient which is in direct opposition to the words of Christ Jesus.

I read the enthroning of self as the means of salvation.
It is worthy is the Lamb.... not worthy is the Lamb and me.

NOT EVEN when I was UNSAVED in my limited knowledge did I ever think that I had anything to add to the work of Christ... even then I knew HE had accomplished something I could never do.

I cannot express through words my utter contempt for your dogma, nor do I have the ability, thankfully, to comprehend such disdain for the work of Jesus on the cross.

Each day the tragedy of these false teachers who continually propagate, like the bad fruit they truly are..... is revealed ... dark days ahead.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Amen,the sword must be swung the right way.

I think you have heart and emotions mixed up.....The heart is where God resides....emotions are of self..walking by feelings and emotions..I have done that in the past.

Not now...if you believe I am walking by my emotions..that is your opinion...it certainly isn’t truth.....I walk in Spirit and truth....

I will not be led by others I will question and challenge them..just like I did dear DorothyMae......but I will be civil and polite...if you call that being led by my emotions..then so be it..I can live with that.

Words like that don’t penetrate my heart...no sarcasm or trolling does.
I don`t have heart and emotions mixed up , maybe our understand of each other is our problem...
But that is ok , we all need growth...