Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2020
Adam was made complete, he walked and talked and communed with God...he knew the commandment to NOT EAT and EVE knew as well.....but she was deceived...ADAM knew full well he was breaking the rule of not eating!
Well said! (I mean it.)

May 19, 2020
If you tell a baby Christian that sinning now makes them miserable INSTEAD of offering a pleasure because they are. ow a christian, and they find in the next 30 minutes they sinned because it offered a pleasure and are only a bit sorry, or worse, they watch a Christian say or do something out of green jealousy and observe no misery at all but justification, how are they going to deal with it? This might explain why she who tells this untruth accepts that Christians doubt their salvation after all. This theory sets up a “works” salvation and is false.

She says, true christians feel miserable when they sin. So the ew christian sins and doesn’t feel miserable. What can they conclude except they maybe aren’t a true christian?

I feel very sorry for those who refuse the truth about themselves. We sin because it offers us pleasure. We sometimes feel something between guilt and nothing afterwards. We are still true christians.

Dorothy......you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy off the mark.......seriously get a grip.....

May 23, 2020
If I sin in the flesh...I’m as miserable as sin...I was also miserable on this thread...reason being I was going my own way.....once I was whipped into place....my peace returned........back on track with God.....some forget we have a personal relationship with Jesus,he is a true friend....the only one to follow.
So do you continue to return to that which makes you miserable or are you done with sinning altogether? Why do we sin if it makes you miserable? Who does what makes them miserable?

My point is we sin because it offers us pleasure and it’s better to admit it, embarrassing as it is.

Do you see those who who wrongly accused you being miserable for doing so?

May 19, 2020
So do you continue to return to that which makes you miserable or are you done with sinning altogether? Why do we sin if it makes you miserable? Who does what makes them miserable?

My point is we sin because it offers us pleasure and it’s better to admit it, embarrassing as it is.

Dorothy...I can’t engage with you....your teaching is false....dcontroversal is my teacher now....God woke me up.also eternally grateful....their teaching is sound and I thank God for them on here.....because they are fiercely protective of the born again.....I don’t mean to offend you.....I say this in love.....you just confuse everyone.

I have great peace since I submitted to their teaching.,..

May 23, 2020
Dorothy......you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy off the mark.......seriously get a grip.....
Jackrosie, you are free to embrace whatever you want to think but only the truth is freeing.

The OSAS people talk about it being common to doubt their salvation (until the theology or in your case personal revelation rescued them.) Now I never embraced OSAS and never doubted my salvation for a minute. Not one. I was concerned I might fall away but took steps (like staying in fellowship) to prevent that and I am very certain that will now not happen.

If you believe sin makes christians miserable, why do some write such awful sinful posts and are not at all miserable but continue in glee it seems?

Don’t you ask questions as to why it doesn’t seem to be as some describe?

May 23, 2020
Dorothy...I can’t engage with you....your teaching is false....dcontroversal is my teacher now....God woke me up.also eternally grateful....their teaching is sound and I thank God for them on here.....because they are fiercely protective of the born again.....I don’t mean to offend you.....I say this in love.....you just confuse everyone.

I have great peace since I submitted to their teaching.,..
I’m not in the least offended. Just sorry because in time your words to others will be just like theirs. I wonder if you’ll be miserable as claimed.

I’m prophetic. Not 5 minutes had passed and you are already as rude as your teachers.

May 19, 2020
Jackrosie, you are free to embrace whatever you want to think but only the truth is freeing.

The OSAS people talk about it being common to doubt their salvation (until the theology or in your case personal revelation rescued them.) Now I never embraced OSAS and never doubted my salvation for a minute. Not one. I was concerned I might fall away but took steps (like staying in fellowship) to prevent that and I am very certain that will now not happen.

If you believe sin makes christians miserable, why do some write such awful sinful posts and are not at all miserable but continue in glee it seems?

Don’t you ask questions as to why it doesn’t seem to be as some describe?

Dorothy..you really don’t understand a born again........I used to think they wrote awful posts...but I let my emotions get in the way.......

They were protecting me from your teaching.....you seriously need to get a grip and stop now.

May 19, 2020
I’m not in the least offended. Just sorry because in time your words to others will be just like theirs. I wonder if you’ll be miserable as claimed.

I’m prophetic. Not 5 minutes had passed and you are already as rude as your teachers.

They speak the truth.....if they have to be rude to get people listen...then so be it...it worked on me.....wake up Dorothy.....anyway I’m done with you now......

May 23, 2020
Dorothy..you really don’t understand a born again........I used to think they wrote awful posts...but I let my emotions get in the way.......

They were protecting me from your teaching.....you seriously need to get a grip and stop now.
Wow that went really fast. You have become like them. Are you miserable?

May 23, 2020
They speak the truth.....if they have to be rude to get people listen...then so be it...it worked on me.....wake up Dorothy.....anyway I’m done with you now......
A step further into sin....personal insults are allowed and no misery detected. I rest my case. Sin doesn’t always cause the christian to be miserable.

May 19, 2020
Wow that went really fast. You have become like them. Are you miserable?

I am in God’s truth...I have great peace.......around you I am miserable..because you teach false...I don’t mean to Be nasty.

I pray God wakes you up as he did me to his truth.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The scripture said Adam was deceived by Satan.
Okay, I am fine if you want to split hair and said Eve was the one deceived.
It cannot be called splitting hairs when Scripture explicitly states that Adam was not deceived.

And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.
1 Timothy 2:14

Jan 12, 2019
It cannot be called splitting hairs when Scripture explicitly states that Adam was not deceived.

And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.
1 Timothy 2:14
Okay Eve was deceived, Adam deliberately sinned.

I have already agreed with this point, you guys are like wolves who keep harping on an issue after it was resolved.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Okay Eve was deceived, Adam deliberately sinned.

I have already agreed with this point, you guys are like wolves who keep harping on an issue after it was resolved.
I clicked the link to this thread and it took me to that page, and I did not read the many pages after it before responding to your repeated error and kvetching. Had the Scripture I gave already been given? Your calling me a wolf because I showed with Scripture your inaccurate assertions about what the Bible explicitly says is uncalled for.

Jan 12, 2019
I clicked the link to this thread and it took me to that page, and I did not read the many pages after it before responding to your repeated error and kvetching. Your calling me a wolf because I showed with Scripture your inaccurate assertions about what the Bible explicitly says is uncalled for.
I am using a metaphor, behavior "like wolves", not "you are a wolf".

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020

we sin because people want things. things that are not of God always. sometimes they are, sometimes they might seem to be but we are deluded somewhat or just wanting our own way.

if you do not pick up your cross daily you are not crucifing the sin nature. picking up a cross can be hard work, but with the mind of Christ (humble, meek, lowly, in submission to God) carrying the cross becomes easier.

Rest for the Weary

…28Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”…

May 19, 2020
we sin because people want things. things that are not of God always. sometimes they are, sometimes they might seem to be but we are deluded somewhat or just wanting our own way.

if you do not pick up your cross daily you are not crucifing the sin nature. picking up a cross can be hard work, but with the mind of Christ (humble, meek, lowly, in submission to God) carrying the cross becomes easier.

Rest for the Weary

…28Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”…
Amen!.....I am a child,I stamp my feet sometimes...what a job the Lord has had with me.....but still he remains faithful..never to leave me....saved until I meet him in Heaven.

Dec 12, 2013
Amen!.....I am a child,I stamp my feet sometimes...what a job the Lord has had with me.....but still he remains faithful..never to leave me....saved until I meet him in Heaven.
God only chastens children whom he loves....He may whip our butts, but he will never cast us away.