Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 29, 2020
The spirit in us does not sin , but we are still in the flesh...
But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit (Romans 8:9).

There is a war between the Spirit and the flesh , and we will battle with this until the LORD calls us home...
This war exists in the non born again man. Not the born again believer in the Spirit.

Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

When God looks at us , He sees the Righteousness of Christ ...
Then why is the Holy Spirit grieved?

Why all the scriptures that speak to the believer about not sinning?

And why does God chastise someone for sins he cannot see?

May 19, 2020
But you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit (Romans 8:9).

This war exists in the non born again man. Not the born again believer in the Spirit.

Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

Then why is the Holy Spirit grieved?

Why all the scriptures that speak to the believer about not sinning?

And why does God chastise someone for sins he cannot see?

We are still in the flesh our flesh sins but our spirit doesn’t...it’s a battle against the forces of our flesh and the Spirit....

My mate sleeps with her boyfriend,it’s her flesh that does it not the Spirit.

How can a war exist in a non believer without the spirit of God?

A non believer is in sin/darkness,

Dec 28, 2016
Supernatural and Spiritual are not the same at all.

Jesus was not supernatural ... above nature .. that is not biblical.

I am a little shocked by the statement actually.
Wow, talk about an inept Christology. Maybe less arguing through your keyboard and a little more Scripture reading? But I digress, such theological ineptness is par for the course. Both you and @dcontroversal need a lesson in the hypostatic union, and a serious brushing up on the Gospel itself. :)

E

eternally-gratefull

I had sin.

This is why I had to come to Christ to get my sins taken away.

Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin (1 John 3:9).
John did not contradict himself

You are deceived if you think you do not have sin. You can teach no one until you acknowledge your sin

Whoever is born if god does not live in sin. The Greek is your enemy

May 19, 2020
Jesus must have had supernatural powers ,to do what he did on this earth...they came from God....

May 19, 2020
I have the supernatural power of Jesus / Holy Spirit in my spirit...how else would I have known my vision ,it came from God.

E

EleventhHour

@EleventhHour ...
But Jesus calmed the storms , the waves , was He not showing His power over nature?
...xox...
I see a distinction between over and above.

We must remember the linguisti/meaning of words ...which over time can change ...

However the word "supernatural" means something that cannot be explained by science, seeming to be from magic.

Since God is the Creator when He changes nature is it not supernatural is it Him exercising His authority over nature

....not truly a supernatural event ... only to the unbeliever is it supernatural because to them it is not explainable .. it is above natural laws.

E

EleventhHour

Wow, talk about an inept Christology. Maybe less arguing through your keyboard and a little more Scripture reading? But I digress, such theological ineptness is par for the course. Both you and @dcontroversal need a lesson in the hypostatic union, and a serious brushing up on the Gospel itself. :)
Right so now Jesus is a God of magic.

Supernatural linguistically means that which is not explainable by science by humans, seeming to come from magic.... does not pertain to Jesus and His miracles, that would be "the world" using that language.

Wow, I am shocked are you watching It's Supernatural with Sid Roth too! :D

May 19, 2020
I disagree,when I became born again...I had a supernatural encounter with God....a testifying to my spirit,God spoke to my spirit.....he testified a lot to my spirit.

No one can ever take that from me....I know what I experienced...

God spoke to me...he also spoke to me when I had my vision.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I see a distinction between over and above.

We must remember the linguisti/meaning of words ...which over time can change ...

However the word "supernatural" means something that cannot be explained by science, seeming to be from magic.

Since God is the Creator when He changes nature is it not supernatural is it Him exercising His authority over nature

....not truly a supernatural event ... only to the unbeliever is it supernatural because to them it is not explainable .. it is above natural laws.
I just see Jesus being God over all...
He spoke to the storm " Be still " the waves obeyed...
...xox...

Feb 29, 2020
My mate sleeps with her boyfriend,it’s her flesh that does it not the Spirit.
On the contrary, it is a matter of an ungodly spirit (spirit of this world/whoredom) that guides our flesh into ungodly works.

The Spirit of God will guide your flesh into holiness by rendering its works dead.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Right so now Jesus is a God of magic.

Supernatural linguistically means that which is not explainable by science by humans, seeming to come from magic.... does not pertain to Jesus and His miracles, that would be "the world" using that language.

Wow, I am shocked are you watching It's Supernatural with Sid Roth too! :D
Sid Roth calls his show supernatural , something not to be watched , gives me the creeps the first and last time I ever watched him...
...xox...

Dec 12, 2013
Most of what you say has no value....get that through your head and you are wasting your time in this thread....maybe go start your own
Calvin inspired thread!

Dec 12, 2013
...xox...
He was...but we cannot alleviate his Human side in the likeness of sinful flesh....seems a few do not grasp the concept of what HE EMPTIED himself OF......

E

EleventhHour

...xox...
I never stated otherwise :).. however the word supernatural is loaded term now a days.
I think there are better words we can use.

E

EleventhHour

Sid Roth calls his show supernatural , something not to be watched , gives me the creeps the first and last time I ever watched him...
...xox...
Agree... that is why I do not like the word at all used within Christianity.

It is creepy!!

May 19, 2020
I have always used the word supernatural..because that is how God revealed himself to me..he spoke to my spirit..i heard and listened..call it what you will.

E

EleventhHour

It's refreshing to see you standing on solid ground, not allowing what others teach to sway you, instead you stand on Biblical truth. :)
I agree with what she stated... my problem is "supernatural" is a loaded term .. it is not needed, we have other ways to express God's dominion over nature.