Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

I always thought spiritual and supernatural were the same....I had a spiritual encounter with God...as God is spirit.
Not directed to you but in general

I hope we do not in here go off on a word and it’s meaning

Spiritual (not of this world) and supernatural (outside of the norm)

2 things which relate to Gods powet

Dec 28, 2016
This is true but became a new category for one to use to try and get an out.

But it doesn't dismiss the grave error that came before it, that Christ is not supernatural (having power beyond nature and physical laws) or above nature. That is the statement that shows a person to be theologically inept. Yet this is just the tip of the iceberg, there are also grave misunderstandings of the Gospel, sanctification, and soteriology which go along with their Christological errors.

Saying Christ is not above nature is an inexcusable error, a fact that is supported by Scripture in many instances. It is inexcusable because these types sit here as some quasi spiritual guides on forum perpetually as if they are well studied. They're not, they are theologically clumsy.

This is why some need to put away their keyboards and actually read their Bibles through diligently. They do not do this, there is no way, they are on here arguing from the time they get up until they go to bed. They've learned nothing for years, and it shows. :)

May 23, 2020
Dead in context means "inoperative" ineffectual" in the Greek, so your argument does not work, it is a faith that is not in operation.

James >>> teaching>>>> we need that our faith be alive in our works.
Abraham's faith grew by his work that he would offer up his own son.
And his faith was evidenced by those around him.

No loss of salvation is in view.

You know Dorothy all you are doing is denying YOURSELF the wonderful assurances, truth and treasure of God's word.

You are surely missing out.
You.need to talk to Stone because she said the Greek means like a corpse. That is dead, not merely ineffectual.

Now what happens if ones faith becomes ineffectual? You need that your faith be alive, what happens when it isn’t? Anything?

Dear 11th, your thoughts are kind but I fear I’m not missing out on a thing you guys have to offer. You see, you consult words on a page to ascertain your eternity. I talk to God and ask Him his view. This is vastly superior to words on a page.

May 31, 2020
Jesus must have had supernatural powers ,to do what he did on this earth...they came from God....
Jesus teaches us that everything He accomplished was done by the power of God through faith. It’s exactly how grace is afforded to those who place their faith in Christ.

E

EleventhHour

You.need to talk to Stone because she said the Greek means like a corpse. That is dead, not merely ineffectual.

Now what happens if ones faith becomes ineffectual? You need that your faith be alive, what happens when it isn’t? Anything?

Dear 11th, your thoughts are kind but I fear I’m not missing out on a thing you guys have to offer. You see, you consult words on a page to ascertain your eternity. I talk to God and ask Him his view. This is vastly superior to words on a page.
I see you tactics here not going to work.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
"if you claim you have no sin you deceive yourself" the Apostle John

forgive me if I do not take heed to one who think he is sinless..
Hi EG

in our own selves, we will never be anything. We can do nothing apart from Him. But, in Him we can do all things through Him.

I think this might be what this one is saying. We are brought to a place of despising our weaknesses. We see how miserable a life of sin makes for all. This is a great place to be for we then see our Saviour as our complete source of life. We are done with falling, getting up just to fall again. And in no way am I implying we were not “saved” as being born from heaven. A child of God is most miserable in darkness. We just don’t fit anymore. Sometimes we need a little mud tasting to desire the table of the Lord,

Anyway, never for one day did the prodigal son become a pig. He just ate their food until he woke up in the pen and realized he still had a father and he would serve him if he would just take him back. His fathers response, nonsense. You are not a servant but my heir. And was restored.

This is the place we all must come to for if we do not realize how worthless this being we are born into, and how ugly this spirit of the natural workd is? We will always be a proud, religious man or woman with a club in hand, the word without mercy and grace, to try to control both self and others.

Its a free and wonderful place to know the power and everlasting love God has for us all.

I don’t know who I’m posting to but I don’t thinks it’s EG. Lol

Oct 25, 2018

But it doesn't dismiss the grave error that came before it, that Christ is not supernatural (having power beyond nature and physical laws) or above nature. That is the statement that shows a person to be theologically inept. Yet this is just the tip of the iceberg, there are also grave misunderstandings of the Gospel, sanctification, and soteriology which go along with their Christological errors.

Saying Christ is not above nature is an inexcusable error, a fact that is supported by Scripture in many instances. It is inexcusable because these types sit here as some quasi spiritual guides on forum perpetually as if they are well studied. They're not, they are theologically clumsy.

This is why some need to put away their keyboards and actually read their Bibles through diligently. They do not do this, there is no way, they are on here arguing from the time they get up until they go to bed. They've learned nothing for years, and it shows. :)
And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.[Genesis 1:3] Seems like the Christ has power over everything, including light. :) Time for bed. Good night(work night shift so day is my night) my Brother. :D

E

EleventhHour

The pagan gods had supposed "supernatural" power ... you want use that language, your choice.

Jesus is not Zeus.

May 23, 2020
how can "you" know someone has good works? And is not just religious?

You can't so what good is it? God does not need it, You can't use it to determine someone elses salvation, so other than you examining you own faith, what good is it?
People receiving the good works feel loved and valued.

May 23, 2020
I just posted this in another... Abraham believed was Counted righteousness then did a work to show or prove his faith... Circumcisions.. You can't throw out works.. they prove your faith
Them’s fightin words. They’ll have you for breakfast. These OSASers do not think anything is forbidden when speaking to those who don’t agree with their theology. Be prepared. They’re fully armed against the press to do good works unless they feel like it (moved by Agape love which will not be present when talking to you, I assure you.)

May 23, 2020
I find it amazing, that God said he saved us when we were at our worse. that people think AFTER we have been adopted as a child of God, Given the HS who helps giude us, and chastens us, that we can become WORSE that we were BEFORE we were saved.

That seem to be an impossible task. It basically says GOD totally failed in growing us, they even with his inluence and power. we went backward, NOT FORWARD.
Why is God responsible for choices you make? If a believer is morally worse than before (very possible) why is it Gods fault?