Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 19, 2020
Only God can set us free from our sins once and for all..when we are saved...that’s it done.

I do not repent of my sins every day...also just lately I’ve been sat on my ass and done nothing.

I am still saved..Praise God!

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020
So then the blood was shed for those sins at the cross... but just forgiveness was not granted is that what you are stating?

Hebrews 10:26

23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

May 23, 2020
So then the blood was shed for those sins at the cross... but just forgiveness was not granted is that what you are stating?
Never thought about it. Just know I’m forgiven because of the blood of Christ but not before I had repented. I’m not a universalist.

E

EleventhHour

Hebrews 10:26

23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
You think "willful sin" is not covered by the work of Christ Jesus?

So I wonder which sins Jesus atoned for and which ones he did not ...you know I did not receive that itemized list when I was born again, did you?

Using this verse erroneously becomes very tiresome, and insulting to God, especially when the book of Hebrews quite emphatically makes the case that the one sacrifice of Jesus is the complete and perfect sacrifice for all time.

May 23, 2020
yes, not stone is.

they are
Actually it was to be there are. “They” is vague and doesn’t mean all which is what you said I said.

One can read they’re are as there are or they are, but “all” is not in the sentence. But the auto type did wrong so there is some excuse on your part.

E

EleventhHour

So you rub my words over the metal? You aren’t the first.

When a man believes all future sins are already forgiven there’s no reason not to indulge a bit.
Only for those that are not under grace...those that are under grace my Bible tells me that sin shall have no dominion over them.

Your keeping yourself good is
Law Keeping 101

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
“Using this verse erroneously becomes very tiresome, and insulting to God, especially when the book of Hebrews quite emphatically makes the case that the one sacrifice of Jesus is the complete and perfect sacrifice for all time.“

Too good to be true?

That‘s the grace of our God. Is the undeserved nature of the Holy God Himself through the sacrifice of the perfect man, our Lord and Saviour, Jesus the Christ!

May 19, 2020
Wakes,Wakey.

Romans 6:14

For sin shall not be your master,
because you are not under law,
but under grace.

We Are Under GRACE!.......understandeeeeeee!.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
None of you talk about your relationship with God as your assurance of salvation. None.
I have witnessed @jackrosie talking with you for quite a few days about her relationship with God and assurance of salvation, and now you say none do? :oops:(n) Many others do too, while you absolutely pooh-pooh their assurance of salvation.

I’ve never wondered if I was saved nor doubted it in over 40 years, not once.
Why should we doubt ours?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Irresistible grace doesn’t teach that ppl can‘t resist His grace, but that they don’t resist it all the way to hell. We’ve all resisted His grace before we were saved. But there was a time when He drew me and that drawing was effectual, irresistible. Irresistible grace is also called effectual calling.
But we can resist if after we are saved?
If so the resistance doesn't send us to hell?

Jun 5, 2020
So you rub my words over the metal? You aren’t the first.

When a man believes all future sins are already forgiven there’s no reason not to indulge a bit.
The reason is the Holy Spirit. Once anyone has received the Holy Spirit there is no more desire to sin.

C'mon Dorothy, you know this. Why are pretending that you don't?