Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2020
Slain from the foundation of the world. I would think this is spiritual. Before creation. A truth difficult to understand but is stated so is truth. Much like eternal security. Not being the work of man, but of God.
I think it’s easy to understand. OSAS is easy to understand too. Four words sum it up. The truth is complex and not easy to understand.

May 19, 2020
I think it’s easy to understand. OSAS is easy to understand too. Four words sum it up. The truth is complex and not easy to understand.

You don’t seem to comprehend that the Holy Spirit resides in our hearts....there he has taken up residence.

You believe he can move out.......that to my spirit is false teaching....which the Lord apposes....he hates it!!

Yes,we can wander off but God will never ever leave us.

May 23, 2020
In that case, anyone can say anything, by claiming "God led me to that truth".
This is how the cults start. Mormons are convinced God gave Joseph Smith his personal revelation, for example. He, too, didn’t compare it to scripture. Islam started that way as well. These men got personal revelation.

May 23, 2020
You don’t seem to comprehend that the Holy Spirit resides in our hearts....there he has taken up residence.
Whether one obeys God or loves God and man or not, right?
You believe he can move out.......that to my spirit is false teaching....which the Lord apposes....he hates it!!
Since the Bible says and gives examples of the Holy Spirit leaving a man, He doesn’t. hate this truth. You would do better to read the Bible than obey your personal revelation. Whoever is teaching you is off.
Yes,we can wander off but God will never ever leave us.
If you wander far enough off, YOU left him and he ceases going with you where you are going.

May 19, 2020
Whether one obeys God or loves God and man or not, right? Since the Bible says and gives examples of the Holy Spirit leaving a man, He doesn’t. hate this truth. You would do better to read the Bible than obey your personal revelation. Whoever is teaching you is off.
If you wander far enough off, YOU left him and he ceases going with you where you are going.

Biggest heap of rubbish I have ever heard!!.........

He will Never leave a born again.....seriously..you deny that?

May 23, 2020
Paul wrote toTimothy, Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

God gave all of us brains for the sake of study.
Personal revelation not subject to the Bible is a lot more appealing to the pride of the heart.

May 19, 2020
You are like your teacher, beware.

God is my teacher......are you telling me to ,beware of God.......he’s telling me to beware of you.....like the other born again.....you don’t understand what that means.....by observing your posts.you speak by yourself...I don’t see anything of the Holy Spirit in you.......just your very own words.

May 19, 2020
Personal revelation not subject to the Bible is a lot more appealing to the pride of the heart.

What did God testify to your spirit?

Baptised by the Holy Spirit is scriptural.....you should know that?

May 23, 2020
3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Straining Toward the Goal

Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Php 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Php 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Php 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

Php 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

Php 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Php 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Notice you underline the part He does totally ignoring the words Paul wrote where he says clearly that he presses forward. That part you don’t underline.

Now Stone, if you want to win the “Bible verse copy/paste contest” I confess you win. You copy paste without application to the discussion more verses than I do.

I prefer quoting them from memory as they fit into that I am writing as they are a part of my thinking. I could add that this is how the writers of the Bible used verses. I cannot recall a single time they mentioned which scripture they quoted but merely said “it is written” or “the prophet said” rarely naming the prophet.”

May 23, 2020
God is my teacher......are you telling me to ,beware of God.......he’s telling me to beware of you.....like the other born again.....you don’t understand what that means.....by observing your posts.you speak by yourself...I don’t see anything of the Holy Spirit in you.......just your very own words.
So said Joseph Smith who started mormonism. But you are harmless so I won’t say more about you statement.

May 19, 2020
So said Joseph Smith who started mormonism. But you are harmless so I won’t say more about you statement.

You don’t even understand what God testifies to your spirit means.........what has Joseph Smith got to do with being born again......why don’t you answer my questions?

You said you met Jesus......where did you meet him?....scripture please?

May 19, 2020
That you are a 2Tim 3:6 woman.

That’s not the testifying to your Spirit that you are his child......again I ask you......how do you know you are born again.....you have said many times....you will share....but you never do.

Why?

E

EleventhHour

JR, I know that verse by heart. I was asking Stone for her weaseling out of what what Jesus meant. Most OSASers have a complex way of explaining why it doesn’t apply to them.
Matthew 24:13

In context.... he who during the tribulation endures to the end of that time period will be physically saved.

The word "saved" needs to understood in context always.