Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

That's one right there. That's what he was doing with me on ignore. There is more.
Yet I see no proof

all I see is you and your pal making accusations

come on man, If you show it I will show you what a real man does and own up to it

then continue to watch you continue to refuse to acknowledge any wrong doing

E

eternally-gratefull

Provide the evidence where I slandered. I'm waiting. You said it is very deep. Should be really easy to find then, so, post it, or, end it.

Own the fact that you, with me on ignore hurled insults, name calling, in a very callow manner.

Right? Own it and be a man.

The proof is there, very easy to find, others saw it. And you want to point the finger about me being in time out?
I did

you state I believe I came to faith on my own power and and I believe god chose me solely on the basis I chose him as well as many other slanderous posts

you deny you ever make inflammatory posts against others, how can you stand here with a straight face and make that proclamation.? How come you never live up to what you demand others or your own mistakes?

Dec 28, 2016
Yet I see no proof

all I see is you and your pal making accusations

come on man, If you show it I will show you what a real man does and own up to it

then continue to watch you continue to refuse to acknowledge any wrong doing
Are you denying this too, and implying he is lying? Do tell, please. Tell me he's lying, OK? Fact is he isn't lying. But you're fully aware you said it right?

Perhaps he'll go show where you did say it. I bet you wouldn't even man up and own it then, right?

Now, go find the proof where I slandered. You said it is deep, should be easy to find.

Also, while you had me on ignore, you insulted and name called, right?

E

eternally-gratefull

Are you denying this too, and implying he is lying? Do tell, please. Tell me he's lying, OK? Fact is he isn't lying. But you're fully aware you said it right?

Perhaps he'll go show where you did say it. I bet you wouldn't even man up and own it then, right?

Now, go find the proof where I slandered. You said it is deep, should be easy to find.

Yet I see no proof.
so until you present truth, All you have is an accusation

and if he did I will man up to it

will you man up to the fact you make Inflammatory posts to others or Will you continue to deny it?

E

EleventhHour

That's one right there. That's what he was doing with me on ignore. There is more.
You know your desire for retribution or whatever it is you are after is not a pretty thing.

Everyone can share in the blame on those exchanges on that thread, and your desire to make it look like you were wholly and completely without fault is not at all accurate.

@dcontroversal owned up to it publicly that he was given a "time out" and he has moved on.

It is obvious you came to this thread with an agenda.
Maybe you should ask yourself why you are dredging all this up?

If anything @Lightskin was the one most wronged person in that exchange...... not you!

E

eternally-gratefull

You know your desire for retribution or whatever it is you are after is not a pretty thing.

Everyone can share in the blame on those exchanges on that thread, and your desire to make it look like you were wholly and completely without fault is not at all accurate.

@dcontroversal owned up to it publicly that he was given a "time out" and he has moved on.

It is obvious you came to this thread with an agenda.
Maybe you should ask yourself why you are dredging all this up?

If anything @Lightskin was the one most wronged person in that exchange not you.
dc did man up to it, this man still denies it

he is trying to stir us up, all he is doing is continuing to expose his true self

has he ever admitted to his sins like dc did?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Out of the introduction of Hebrews, Amplified.

The date seems to point to the late sixties of the first century, before the fall of Jerusalem in A.D. 70. During this decadecthe fear of persecution was a grim reality for the church in Rome. Very likely this letter was addressed to JewishChristians in Palestine or in Rome, converts who were being tempted to revert to Judaism or to Judaize the Gospel.

IMO this letter was written by Apollos, the other leader Paul mentioned that people were disputing about following. It makes sense to me that God would have a writing included from him.

So reading then from the book with this in mind, we can understand what’s being said.

If one returns to living under law, there’s no sacrifice remaining to take away sin.

I think about the quest to build a temple now. And am concerned about an animal sacrifice.

Dec 28, 2016
Hasn't happened, that is absolutely false.

Provide proof I slandered.

When you had me on ignore you hurled insults, slander, name calling. Right?

I'll get to the proof of your teachings later, of which you accused me of lying about. Right? You said I lied about you, correct, that you didn't teach it?

No need for you to try and clean up the mess and get it all twisted into something else below, ok? You plainly taught what you plainly denied and I have all the quotes. No need to start your back pedaling and smoke screens.

Now, as for me, all I teach is in the open, I don't hide behind smoke and mirrors like you. I own it publicly, plainly, with Scripture and even then you still falsely accuse me, don't you e.g.? I teach in the open, 1 Corinthians 4:2. You flat out denied what you teach that is easily proven. So, don't be calling me a liar, ok? You're aware the many times you call me and others this, we don't go running to report you like you threaten to do, right? We're not that juvenile my man.

E

EleventhHour

dc did man up to it, this man still denies it

he is trying to stir us up, all he is doing is continuing to expose his true self

has he ever admitted to his sins like dc did?
Absolutely agree with the above about.. @dcontroversal ... I have witnessed it many times where he has admitted his error/sin on this

thread and apologized and when he has been tough on a person will soften up to help them understand his approach ... @jackrosie for sure has experienced this and can attest to it!

E

eternally-gratefull

Hasn't happened, that is absolutely false.

Provide proof I slandered.

When you had me on ignore you hurled insults, slander, name calling. Right?

I'll get to the proof of your teachings later, of which you accused me of lying about. Right? You said I lied about you, correct, that you didn't teach it?

No need for you to try and clean up the mess and get it all twisted into something else below, ok? You plainly taught what you plainly denied and I have all the quotes. No need to start your back pedaling and smoke screens.

Now, as for me, all I teach is in the open, I don't hide behind smoke and mirrors like you. I own it publicly, plainly, with Scripture and even then you still falsely accuse me, don't you e.g.? I teach in the open, 1 Corinthians 4:2. You flat out denied what you teach that is easily proven. So, don't be calling me a liar, ok? You're aware the many times you call me and others this, we don't go running to report you like you threaten to do, right? We're not that juvenile my man.
Will you admit you have made inflammatory remarks to others?

i found what you were looking for.

and you are here calling me names “juvenile” and yet are mad because I called you a name

you just exposed yourself again

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
And I hope to be meeting those who think they can bypass the Holy Spirit in this Scripture:

“For if we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire which will consume the adversaries.

Sadly however, I do have some doubt!
Context is a great thing to learn with the scriptures.

Feb 29, 2020
One last time

the whole book is about law
The book called "Hebrews" in our Bibles today is about Christ's superiority; his superiority over the old testament priests, over the old testament sacrifices, over the angels; how He ever lives to offer this sacrifice until the end, How he fulfills the prophecy of Melchisedec. How we as believers should not neglect such a sacrifice that Christ offers (the danger of willful sin, departing from God, coming short of the promise, failing of the grace of God). That Christ partook in flesh and blood to feel the infirmities we feel in order to be our faithful and merciful high priest. How Christ is the minister of the true tabernacle not pitched by man; How the old testament tabernacle and its ordinances were shadows.

No, it's not all about law.

Dec 28, 2016
Well, well, looky here. No need to imply my bro lied. Right?:

You talking to preacher of lies again?
Shall I go ahead with the other proofs of your teachings you denied, while calling me a liar, slanderer, other insults? Yes or no?

Please end your calling us liars, ok? We have lots of proof of what you've said.

Time for you to man up and apologize. Right? I've given proof, you've given exactly none.

E

eternally-gratefull

The book called "Hebrews" in our Bibles today is about Christ's superiority; his superiority over the old testament priests, over the old testament sacrifices, over the angels; how He ever lives to offer this sacrifice until the end, How he fulfills the prophecy of Melchisedec. How we as believers should not neglect such a sacrifice that Christ offers (the danger of willful sin, departing from God, coming short of the promise, failing of the grace of God). That Christ partook in flesh and blood to feel the infirmities we feel in order to be our faithful and merciful high priest. How Christ is the minister of the true tabernacle not pitched by man; How the old testament tabernacle and its ordinances were shadows.

No, it not all about law.
90 % of what you said it was about concerned the law

and your right, it’s about how the superiority of Jesus over the law. This the law is in context

E

EleventhHour

Just wondering when you are going to apologize to @dcontroversal for the "walk like a duck talk like a duck"

comment ... we know you like to be indirect with your derogatory comments.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
It’s been posted that OSAS means one can do anything and still go to heaven. I was just asking if that was true. You use the term. I dont care for it but eternal security seems correct.

sometimes I hate spellcheck.

We all hate the five minute spellcheck rule. I am 71, with seven strokes, so my mind works slow, and even though spellcheck twice before I post, I find all kinds of spelling errors in my posts, because I proof read, I read what I thought TYPED. :(

Yes OSAS, means ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED. The definition you Posted was OBVIOUSLY made up by a person who hates what we really stand for, OR he made it up in total ignorance of what we really believe.

We OSAS BELIEVERS know that only Born Again Believers go to Heaven. Because JESUS SAID SO.

John 3:3-7 (HCSB)
3 Jesus replied, “I assure you: Unless someone is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4 “But how can anyone be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked Him. “Can he enter his mother’s womb a second time and be born?”
5 Jesus answered, “I assure you: Unless someone is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
6 Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Do not be amazed that I told you that you must be born again.

Now I was Raised in an old fashioned Lutheran Church that NEVER taught Born Again and even said that expression was coined by the Baptists and Evangelicals and is Works Righteousness. That is FAR FROM THE TRUTH, it is a real work in our Hearts (Human Spirit) done by the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:3 (HCSB)
3 Therefore I am informing you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is cursed,” and no one can say,Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

That Phrase JESUS IS MY LORD is not a profession; it is REFERRING to a CONFESSION that comes from DEEP in the Human Spirit. If you have not surrendered out of AGAPE LOVE to HIM as LORD, meaning MASTER, it is only Profession.

Most people that say you can lose your Salvation, do not realize what they are saying. They are Counting Disciples that Never have been BORN AGAIN. Yes, Disciples ONLY MEANS FOLLOWERS, SAVED and UNSAVED; and does not me SAVED BORN AGAIN, who have Surrendered out of AGAPE LOVE to HIM and have a REAL personal, intimate relationship with HIM as LORD. Of course those who are Unsaved can fall away, but Never the ones who are Born Again.

1 John 2:19 (HCSB)
19 They went out from us, but they did not belong to us; for if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. However, they went out so that it might be made clear that none of them belongs to us.

Here is how we are SAVED, Rom. 10:9-10, and that term only applies to the HUMAN SPIRIT. Look at John 3:6 again.

SALVATION is of the Human Spirit, and takes place in the moment in time you Genuinely first Believed.

SANCTIFICATION of Human Flesh will take place during the whole lifetime of the Believer, and will not be complete til the Ressurrection.

Romans 10:9-10 (NASB)
9 that if you confess {not just profess it} with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him
from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart {Human Spirit} a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses,
resulting in salvation.

After WE are SAVED (Born Again) the Holy Spirit changes our new born Spirit to want to always LOVE HIM with AGAPE LOVE. Obedience is part of our AGAPE LOVE after we are Born Again; and never has been Part of SALVATION. Yes, that New Born Spirit has ETERNAL LIFE IN IT, and it is not ETERNAL if it can fall away. Their are Lots of VERSES that teach us that You Cannot Lose SALVATION, once you REALLY HAVE IT. Also remember JESUS Speaks to both SAVED Disciples and UNSAVED Disciples.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

John 10:27-28 (HCSB)
27 My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand.

Ephesians 6:24 (HCSB)
24 Grace be with all who have undying love for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you have that undying agape love?

E

eternally-gratefull

Well, well, looky here. No need to imply my bro lied. Right?:

Shall I go ahead with the other proofs of your teachings you denied, while calling me a liar, slanderer, other insults? Yes or no?

Please end your calling us liars, ok? We have lots of proof of what you've said.
You continue to slander me and others with lies I will continue to call you out

1 more time,

Will you admit you have made inflammatory remarks about others in this chat room or not