Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

I guess that means you have no logical response but can only repeat what I said.

OSAS also renders its adherents unable to mount a reason for the belief they have. It’s wishful thinking.
More likely she, @Rosemaryx does not want to get caught up in all your drama and twisting of scripture.

Good for her! She is a better woman than me.

May 23, 2020
Woe is me. The continued assault on the Power of God to give eternal life for those who accept it. The deniers pursue Salvation as a condition with terms. God did not offer it that way. Living the life of a child of Jesus is a different matter.

So many false doctrines it is difficult for me to keep up.
Does one need to repent of sin to receive eternal like?
Does one need to ask for forgiveness?
Does one need to believe?

Those are all conditions...all of them.

Why is the power of God “limited” if there are conditions? What does one have to do with the other?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I guess that means you have no logical response but can only repeat what I said.

OSAS also renders its adherents unable to mount a reason for the belief they have. It’s wishful thinking.
I guess you are wrong with your guessing...
I am not willing to throw my pearls down before you , for you to trample on them , that is WHY I never responded ...

May 23, 2020
More likely she, @Rosemaryx does not want to get caught up in all your drama and twisting of scripture.

Good for her! She is a better woman than me.
I don’t twist scripture. I believe it. OSAS twists it.

I challenge the theology. Your side insults the member personally. Big difference.

You guys demonstrate the fruit of your “going to heaven regardless of anything” theology each time.

May 23, 2020
I guess you are wrong with your guessing...
I am not willing to throw my pearls down before you , for you to trample on them , that is WHY I never responded ...
Your choice. But you cannot respond logically as there is NO LOGICAL RESPONSE. There is only mud slinging. It’s all you got.

May 23, 2020
Salvation is not probation. Eternal life is not temporary life. Jesus is the door. He is not a revolving door
You don’t understand the position you reject. We see Christ as the lover of our souls, not a permanent ticket out of hell. We see relationship where you see admittance. We see walking with Him where you see license to do as you wish (relying on Him to change desires.)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Your choice. But you cannot respond logically as there is NO LOGICAL RESPONSE. There is only mud slinging. It’s all you got.
You do assume a lot about people , and I explained why I do not want to converse with you , because you do not debate , nor do discuss , you just assume , and it is very off putting to say the least...
I don`t like the mud slinging to be honest , nor the bickering , it does not sit well with my spirit , but like I said , I also will not engage only to have my pearls trodden on , so please stop assuming things about me , you do not like it , nor do I...

May 23, 2020
You do assume a lot about people , and I explained why I do not want to converse with you , because you do not debate , nor do discuss , you just assume , and it is very off putting to say the least...
I don`t like the mud slinging to be honest , nor the bickering , it does not sit well with my spirit , but like I said , I also will not engage only to have my pearls trodden on , so please stop assuming things about me , you do not like it , nor do I...
You assume I don’t like something and complain I assume things about you. Don’t you see the hypocrisy?

You have no logical arguments as there are none. It would be better not to pretend there’s another lofitier reason.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You don’t understand the position you reject. We see Christ as the lover of our souls, not a permanent ticket out of hell. We see relationship where you see admittance. We see walking with Him where you see license to do as you wish (relying on Him to change desires.)
E3E80636-EC07-4FF8-9E1B-82AC9CCE0EA4.jpeg

E

EleventhHour

Those judging, agreeing, accusing of seeking the former do not know what they are talking about. One would certainly say and accuse of anything other than seeking reconciliation as she, in my honest opinion would not want to see reconciliation or repentance take place.
Why would I now want that? Of course I would want any brother/sister restored to the right relationship with God.
What I have trouble with is your conclusion he was not saved. I do not agree with that, as well you called him a drunkard for having a few drinks with his buddies during the week.

How is that right?

I think all parties should own up to their part.

Do we really need to rehash all this point by point... EG has apologized for his remark, I have no problem stating I am sorry if I made comments that you deem as personal and slander... I have no ill will towards you.

I however, will not and cannot ascribe to all five points of Calvinism and quite honestly I am not sure even Calvin would because I read many different things in his writings.

You want to accuse me of being "free gracer" go ahead.. it is not antinomianism as you claim, but you can make the allegation all day and all night... it does not bother I do not take it personally.

Do I believe I accepted the gift of salvation .. yes I do not not by my will but by being persuaded by hearing the Gospel and God removing the veil that held my eyes.

I know I am saved and I know I live each day under grace, not law as were are called to do.

May 23, 2020
When you really have no sense, use an absurd picture!! No logical response as I’ve said so a pic that all will praise is great!
OSAS has nothing rational behind it. Just pics and slurs. What I’ve known for years. No reason for the bogus hope within you, just jeer at those who don’t agree.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
You assume I don’t like something and complain I assume things about you. Don’t you see the hypocrisy?

You have no logical arguments as there are none. It would be better not to pretend there’s another lofitier reason.
I will leave you alone , I love my peace from my Lord to much to have it disturbed ...

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Does one need to repent of sin to receive eternal like?
Does one need to ask for forgiveness?
Does one need to believe?

Those are all conditions...all of them.

Why is the power of God “limited” if there are conditions? What does one have to do with the other?

You and those like you complicate the whole process of the gift of eternal salvation provided by God through His Son Jesus Christ. You make it all about you, the individual.

There is only one thing to receive the eternal salvation of our souls and that is to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and to accept His gift bought with His blood on the Cross for all mankind. You and others like yuo
Amen Star!!

Be careful now "accepting" it might be a work and take away from the glory of God.;)

They just love to take a word, any word and manipulate it to fit their agenda. They saw they love God and that they do for Him all the while declaring what they have to do for Almighty God who needs nothing from them to do His good works.