Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
This is rich, lol! Adam didn't need grace, didn't need saved, and wasn't lost. Lol!!!!
I think it is funny someone things Adam pre fall with no sin needed grace, needed saved and was lost.

i think someone is just trying to instigate again. It’s sad people can be this way and think that’s ok :confused:
We always need Gods grace. Adam was lost and Adam needed saved. You are inept theologically to say otherwise.

Instigation? You really need to take a look at yourself and the gang and the behavior of all of you tonight. If you can't see it, well...that's what is sad.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Throw off offense and we all might get along?
This is truly sad. I don't go around reporting as much as some who talk about doing it and threatening to do so, but truly this is so blatant it shouldn't need to be reported.

E

eternally-gratefull

This is rich, lol! Adam didn't need grace, didn't need saved, and wasn't lost. Lol!!!!
We always need Gods grace. Adam was lost and Adam needed saved. You are inept theologically to say otherwise.
1. When Adam was without sin he did not need saved, he was perfect without sin.
2. Your words “You are inept theologically to say otherwise.” Are part of your problem you can not make a statement with out making some crude remark, I will not warn you this time I will immediately go to oncefallen if you continue this nonsense, I called out DC for it, do not think I will not also call you out also,
Instigation? You really need to take a look at yourself and the gang and the behavior of all of you tonight. If you can't see it, well...that's what is sad.
I have made three or for posts to you and in all of them I just stated what I saw and why I disagreed

you read oncefallen swords last night, how you can sit there and act all innocent is on you bro.

you laughing saying created Adam before he took of the apple needed saved is either instigatory or something is seriously wrong.

now we can either discuss the word and discuss our beliefs like I have tried to do, or you can continue, In this mocking tone and deny it, in which case..........
I say we move on.. what say you?

May 22, 2020
@Fastfredy0?

Unreal isn't it?
Well, except for DCpnstipated they are not that bad. They IMO are ignorant to truth to a much great extent than us, but what are you to expect. God gives gifts in varying degrees. I didn't see any personal attacks and that is all I ask. They attack ideas at times in a less than acedemic way, but we are not conversing with higher acedemia here afterall. Their logic is faulty so they can't see the contradictions, but that is to be expected. They have a herd of follows to say they are correct and give their intellect enough acrediation to remain confident in their beliefs. They are stuck in a idea of God that loves everyone and therefore he must do this or that according to that misunderstanding. Confronted with the fact the God is holy and can't love evil beings they hide. Told God hates evildoers they change the definition of the word. LOL ... I have heard FAITH, WORK, HATE all redefined. (giggles to himself). I don't blame them for ganging up, their theology is weak but there is strength in numbers.
..... They understand the simpler things like we are not saved by works, but can't extrapolate from that. I don't see why you are surprised. They do love God, I give them that .. love him greatly even. They, for the most part, lack training in logic and definitely in acceptable formal debate. They often can't answer direct questions and this media makes it even more difficult to do so.
.... Keep in mind most of them have been Christians for a long time and most training in modern Christian theology and as history shows time and time again, Christians dogma gets distorted more and more and once in a while gets corrected (Example: reformation).
.... So, I am here to throw pearls to hmmm, the less educated and misdirected ... an exercise to see if I can answer questions or find questions I can't answer and to fill in time with an unusual form of entertainment.

.... I guess you have to ask yourself why you are here and if this place satisfies that need. You are unlikely to change minds as these people are too set in their ways (as are we).

Oh well, done venting ... I was going to post this on regular board, but why upset "the gang". Thought I would send you this moral support. I should proof read, but too lazy. For what it is worth, I respect your opinion so you have 1 fan. :love:

New subject. My pet peeve against Calvinism (not a biggy, but here goes)
I really don't the aspect of Calvinism when I go for a walk and am about to say "God loves you" and then say to myself, "Well, I can't lie as I don't know God loves my grand daughter". That stinks. Hey, I know it right, but I wish I could be like 'most on the forum' and say with confidence that "God loves you". This is not a biggy ... God is perfect ... OK, done venting against REFORM theology ... lol.

Don't take these jokers seriously ... I do think they love God .... always a chance we are wrong.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
May 19, 2020
Stone..did you read oncefallen post on this thread?

Not sure if you have only started posting again.

He has given us a warning on how we post and treat each other.....just letting you know,x

May 19, 2020
Does God not choose to save some , He chose to save one by giving him faith , but not the other...
...xox...

Am I correct in saying..this is relation to the two people who were drowning?

At death door?.....would they even have thought about faith in that state of drowning?

Blue_Of_Lake

Jun 12, 2020
Am I correct in saying..this is relation to the two people who were drowning?

At death door?.....would they even have thought about faith in that state of drowning?

maybe not faith, im not sure; but maybe they would be praying at that moment anyway. praying alot, or crying for help.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Stone..did you read oncefallen post on this thread?

Not sure if you have only started posting again.

He has given us a warning on how we post and treat each other.....just letting you know,x
Yes, I did yesterday. Thanks for warning though. ♥️