Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Thank you for explaining....so OSAS is not biblical.

Amen to eternal salvation...that is biblical...so why oh why do some on here believe you can lose it?

Where in scripture does it say you can lose eternal salvation?.x
Once Saved Always Saved as a whole is biblical. It’s just a term, like the trinity, you can not find the trinity in scripture also. But it is biblical

the term is just a term,

E

eternally-gratefull

No...he didn’t say in scripture that I had a choice..it says he chose me.......I had a choice to follow him...I had no choice in him saving me.....standing firm on that belief..x
I never said you had a choice,

John 3:16, you had to believe in Jesus, if you did, you will have life

john 1: 12, but as many as recieved him, to the. He gave the power

you had to recieve, you could have said no, everyone has to recieve, or continue in unbelief,

May 19, 2020
Once Saved Always Saved as a whole is biblical. It’s just a term, like the trinity, you can not find the trinity in scripture also. But it is biblical

the term is just a term,

Once saved always saved is not biblical...I can’t find those words anywhere....please show them to me?

May 19, 2020
I never said you had a choice,

John 3:16, you had to believe in Jesus, if you did, you will have life

john 1: 12, but as many as recieved him, to the. He gave the power

you had to recieve, you could have said no, everyone has to recieve, or continue in unbelief,

You said,I could have said no....I could not have said no to him saving me.......following him..yes I could say no.

E

eternally-gratefull

You said,I could have said no....I could not have said no to him saving me.......following him..yes I could say no.
Anyone could say no, in fact most have

but god made such an impact on yur life in all he did, you saw no hope without him. You as Jesus said became like the tax collector. Like we all did.
and that’s a good thing not a bad thing, God gets the glory

E

eternally-gratefull

I asked first..please show me OSAS in scripture...those exact words.
I can’t but it does not mean it is not bi lical

I am answering you

show me trinity in scripture those exact words

are you telling me trinity is a false doctrine?

yet the word is not found anywhere in scripture

May 19, 2020
EG....I love asking questions......
Anyone could say no, in fact most have

but god made such an impact on yur life in all he did, you saw no hope without him. You as Jesus said became like the tax collector. Like we all did.
and that’s a good thing not a bad thing, God gets the glory

There was no way I could have said no to the Lord..I fell in Love with him there and then....in love with him still,but much deeper....

That testimony Glorifies God...not myself......everything I do....I do to Glorify God.......only he is the one that can shine outwardly from within me....I am nothing without out him.

Just a dead empty vessel..x

May 19, 2020
I can’t but it does not mean it is not bi lical

I am answering you

show me trinity in scripture those exact words

are you telling me trinity is a false doctrine?

yet the word is not found anywhere in scripture

Bro,let me think about that one..I need to ask God.

I believe trinity means Father Son Holy Spirit three as one....I never knew trinity wasn’t scriptural..wow!

Where did that word trinity come from then?
I find that interesting,x

E

eternally-gratefull

EG....I love asking questions......

There was no way I could have said no to the Lord..I fell in Love with him there and then....in love with him still,but much deeper....

That testimony Glorifies God...not myself......everything I do....I do to Glorify God.......only he is the one that can shine outwardly from within me....I am nothing without out him.

Just a dead empty vessel..x
Of course you could not say no when you

thats faith, but at any point in god leading you you could have said no.

many people have been given the same things yu have and said no.

this stuff that the dead are lost forever with no hope and will never have any opportunity to do what you did is not from God,

he is a God of love, and his love is so eternal that it can cover everyone, but he will not force it on anyone, that would. Are us robots, which is satans lie against him

Jan 25, 2015

I believe trinity means Father Son Holy Spirit three as one....I never knew trinity wasn’t scriptural..wow!

You are opening another can of worms now :LOL::ROFL:

E

eternally-gratefull

Sorry I had to Get to work. I think trinity is a catholic term for father son spirit

What do you mean when you say
Not biblical?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Choice, as I said before, is a sticking point. Some say they did nothing, i.e., played no role whatsoever in their salvation, and that would include making a choice, while at the same time saying nobody is forced. But it can't be both. It is either/or. One either makes a choice, or they have no choice in the matter.
You hit the nail on the head Magenta! To say that we had no choice in the matter of placing our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation and God did not force us to place our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation either is an oxymoron. It's either we make a choice or else we have no choice in the matter. Calvinists can't have it both ways.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
That's a flat-out blatant misrepresentation. Deliberate? Maybe. But NOBODY here is denying that it is Jesus Who saves.
It is Jesus WHO absolutely saves. I will never understand the logic of someone who says that by reaching out and accepting/receiving the free gift of eternal life, we did something that results in salvation no longer being based on what Christ did, but a work that we did. o_O At Christmas time, when someone hands us a free gift, do we claim that we worked for the gift and somehow earned it because we reached out and accepted the gift? Absolutely not.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014