Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 19, 2020
Once Saved Always Saved is not biblical..it doesn’t exist in the bible...it is not God’s word.

Sorry guys...eternal life is.

Wrap it up as you please...your choice....anyway have a nice evening everyone I am going to bed,x

Dec 12, 2013
Hey sis, you do understand that the one you are supporting in this thread absolutely teaches that God doomed most men to hell and that Jesus only loves the saved, and he did not die for the world etc......right? He is peddling a doctrine formulated in the 1500's by an ex-Catholic......they sound good, they sound biblical and smooth, but they are not teaching the truth.

Hey dc.

It’s not about his teaching......it’s about God’s word and truth.

If he has scripture to back it up...then that is the word of God.

The same as the chosen...I have posted scripture to back it up.

Trust me no one can lead me astray....I stand firm in my trust in the Holy Spirit....if I go off track....make no doubt about it the Lord always leads me back in his timing.

Faith is a big part of my life...I trust the Lord and sincerely wait on him.

You can’t rush God.....His plan for my life is perfect as is HE!.x[/QUOTE]

He has no scripture, but rather a view peddled by an ex-Catholic from the 1500's

The following verses PROVE this Calvinistic dogma to be false...

Many called, but few chosen

God would have ALL MEN be saved and come to repentance/the knowledge of the truth

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Even JESUS HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE!!!

Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

NOTICE THE WORD CHOOSE.....his dogma says we have NO CHOICE and you are indeed agreeing with it!!!!

Dec 12, 2013
Once Saved Always Saved is not biblical..it doesn’t exist in the bible...it is not God’s word.

Wrap it up as you please...your choice....anyway have a nice evening everyone I am going to bed,x
Once saved always saved is eternal security!!

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Free Grace Theology has unfortunately made many OSAS deniers a case, in that it teaches no matter how one lives after they are "saved" they are going to heaven. No evidence of conversion necessary. The problem is telling a person they are saved and guaranteed heaven as soon as they make a profession of faith.

The parable of the soils should give any true preacher pause about guaranteeing persons their conversion is genuine.

Case in point? Bart Ehrman. He wrote some books when he was a professing believer, he has since apostatized from the faith and is on a belligerency against Christianity as witnessed in his debates, videos &c.

He was never truly converted, was never truly known by the LORD. That is what an apostate is, they were never truly converted.

May 19, 2020
Free Grace Theology has unfortunately made many OSAS deniers a case, in that it teaches no matter how one lives after they are "saved" they are going to heaven. No evidence of conversion necessary. The problem is telling a person they are saved and guaranteed heaven as soon as they make a profession of faith.

The parable of the soils should give any true preacher pause about guaranteeing their conversion is genuine.

Case in point? Bart Ehrman. He wrote some books when he was a professing believer, he has since apostatized from the faith and is on a belligerency against Christianity as witnessed in his debates, videos &c.

He was never truly converted, was never truly known by the LORD. That is what an apostate is, they were never truly converted.

Very scarey...thank you for posting that preacher.x

Dec 12, 2013
Now you show me where I said....”salvation “lost”.....lose salvation....show me where I said that?

I asked the question..nowhere in the bible is Once Saved Aways Saved........am I right or am I wrong.

You have avoided my question..please answer it....thank you.

Is Once Saved Always Saved written in the bible.....,Yes or No?
Do you believe in eternal life, everlasting life?

Can salvation be lost?

ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED if your answer is YES to the above three questions!!!!

Nov 16, 2019
Here is one verse supporting OSAS. There are many others as well.

John 18:8-9
Jesus answered, “I have told you that I am He. Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,” that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, “Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none.”

Jesus saves.
@jackrosie

"23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." - Hebrews 10:23

"14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, f Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess." - Hebrews 4:14

Yes, Jesus is a faithful, great high priest who won't lose anyone. Hebrews explains how Jesus will not lose any because of sloth or incompetence or death or because he is insufficient to save, like the priests and sacrifice failed the people of God in the first covenant. That's why we are told to keep believing and hold firmly to such a great salvation in Jesus in this New Covenant.

Him not losing anybody has nothing to do with you always being saved no matter what. It means he himself will not fail you, but you are free to continue to trust and believe in him and be saved, or stop believing in him and lose your salvation. That's why we're exhorted to keep believing. You will not be lost because of a failure of Jesus. You will be lost if you stop believing in Him who can keep you.

E

eternally-gratefull

The parable of the soils should give any true preacher pause about guaranteeing persons their conversion is genuine.

Here is where I believe she gets it although I may be wrong
as usual preacher takes a false application and interpretation of osas and twists it to mean something it does
Not in order to attack something that people here in which are in this discussion do not believe

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
The scary part of false doctrine preached here is that anyone who is not strong in the spirit can easily be misled. But Jesus told us that in the last days there would be deceivers and that even some of the true believers could be misled.

1. How can anyone believe in eternal life and not believe in once saved, always saved.
2. How can anyone believe that God only picks and chooses those He decides on will be saved and the rest will be doomed to hell.
3. How can anyone not believe in God's freedom of choice, which began in the Garden of Eden.

Oh how mankind twists and turns the ever loving Word of God to suit an agenda. I do truly believe that anyone who knowingly leads astray someone from the love of God and the plea of God to all who would come to Him for ever lasting life will have a special place decided upon by God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth.

"Oh, What a Tangled Web We Weave, When First We Practice to Deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808)

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I'm studying the Word of God much more succinctly than ever in these days of 'false teachers', etc. Like the Bereans ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance, understanding and discernment. My heart hurts for those so easily deceived.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Yes I am....I understand my own choice now..you have brought it to the forefront for me....when you have been denied choice for many yrs of your life...you can slip back into thinking that you don’t have that choice again...because it has been so ingrained into you.
Not knowing what choice was.
Thank you for showing me that.....I do have a choice!!....
Hoping that choice of yours is in line with the word of God.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Here is where I believe she gets it although I may be wrong
as usual preacher takes a false application and interpretation of osas and twists it to mean something it does
Not in order to attack something that people here in which are in this discussion do not believe
Yet absolutely nothing you stated was in my post. Nothing I stated was twisted. Nothing was an attack. Nothing was a misrepresentation. :)

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014

We are being shaped as we live in space and time. We do not know fully who we are becoming. But God already knows who will we become through Him, and He knew from the beginning who would ultimately not believe. These are tough things for us to understand as we are limited by space and time, but are explicitly stated in the Bible.

I think you will agree, that if you have been saved and sealed with the Holy Spirit, there's no unsealing and unbirthing what was sealed by and born of the undying Spirit. Maybe the term OSAS isn't perfect, I'll concede, I prefer using salvation security like you, but that's what it means. A lot of people say "OSAS isn't in the Bible" and then argue salvation loss, but by that same logic term "salvation loss" isn't in the Bible either. God did promise to never leave us, and that the work He had begun in us will be completed. So then, His work in you cannot remain unfinished or get reversed. The only question is if God really did begin work in someone, or they are fooling themselves and still with the world. That's where the warnings come in and judgment of the fruit.

People say that we can lose salvation because God gives warnings. But a person who is backsliding, because of the warnings, has a chance to realize that they are way off the mark, and get saved or repent from backsliding while there is still time. And that's the purpose of the warnings, it's there to help us, not to kill us. God does all things unto life. Even when God did kill in the Bible, it was done because those who were killed jeopardized Life itself aka His salvation mission. Warnings given to us are unto life, and not unto death. Colossians 3:21, if we look interlinear Bible, tells fathers to not vex children (basically, don't be too hard on them), or they may become discouraged/disheartened. Would the Spirit who inspired such warning constantly beat His children down with threats of salvation loss and disowning. This is not how the Scripture is to be taken, warnings are not meant to disown us but either to correct (which if we are born again and have new soft heart, we do respond to His correction), or to point at the need for salvation if someone still hasn't surrendered their life.