Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
Is this an endorsement of others listening to and believing lies?

The question was, if you are not speaking truth, why should anyone listen to you?

You have not really answered the question, have you?

Meanwhile you criticize others for not doing so, in your opinion.
Or perhaps you assume I was criticizing someone, when I was expressing support for a point made by another, the one with the nickname blue of lake?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Or perhaps you assume I was criticizing someone, when I was expressing support for a point made by another, the one with the nickname blue of lake?
I am not referring to that. You have criticized me for answering with Scripture, opining I avoid answering questions that way, presenting your opinion as truth, and not doing what you claim we should.

Still you do not answer the question? One more time:

If you are not presenting something that is true, why should anyone listen to you?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
@Guojing Since you repeatedly fail/refuse to answer the question as it was put to you, I will answer: people should not listen to those who are not presenting truth. Will some anyway? Of course they will. But that was not the question as it was put to you. There is absolute Truth and He can be known. Moreover, He said that the truth would set you free. He was not talking about opinions. Do you know what is said of opinions? Some are of the opinion that they are free to express their opinions but others should keep theirs to themselves. Do you agree that is hypocrisy?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
@Guojing Since you repeatedly fail/refuse to answer the question as it was put to you, I will answer: people should not listen to those who are not presenting truth. Will some anyway? Of course they will. But that was not the question as it was put to you. There is absolute Truth and He can be known. Moreover, He said that the truth would set you free. He was not talking about opinions. Do you know what is said of opinions? Some are of the opinion that they are free to express their opinions but others should keep theirs to themselves. Do you agree that is hypocrisy?
Perhaps it is good that we expose our fruits and opinions. That way, we can see and mark those who are heretics, apostates, and false teachers. Onlookers can see the contrast of truth and error. Do not be discouraged, but see it as an opportunity.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Perhaps it is good that we expose our fruits and opinions. That way, we can see and mark those who are heretics, apostates, and false teachers. Onlookers can see the contrast of truth and error. Do not be discouraged, but see it as an opportunity.
Thank you, Oyster, though I am not discouraged :D I place my faith and trust in Jesus Christ, not the opinions of others, especially not those who show themselves to be hypocrites and false witnesses. That is not to say I do not believe there can be a variety of ways to view certain things in Scripture, and different conclusions to be drawn apart from the essentials. Some of those topics I simply do not engage in at all :)

oyster67

May 24, 2014
So the same question applies to you, how do you know your particular judgement must be the correct one?
The Spirit will lead us unto true understanding. It is through Him that we can discern the Truth. It is of critical importance that we have ears to listen with as we study His Word.

May 31, 2020
Amen. I was specifically asking about Jesus Christ, and got opinions about opinions instead. Opinions that were claimed to be their perspective, while they do not practice what they preach.
You received a red x. 😆
(Laughing with you, not at you) 😊

May 31, 2020
Uh oh, there’s a tare sowing discord with emoji overloads rather than seeking truth, peace and Christian harmony.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
You received a red x. 😆
(Laughing with you, not at you) 😊
A red x is actually a compliment and blessing in disguise...

Luke
6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you [from their company], and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward [is] great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

May 31, 2020

Luke
6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you [from their company], and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward [is] great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
So are the little z’s when given by tares. 😊

Jan 12, 2019
The Spirit will lead us unto true understanding. It is through Him that we can discern the Truth. It is of critical importance that we have ears to listen with as we study His Word.
True, each of us hold various beliefs that we take as truth for ourselves.

If others don't happen to believe in them as well, what do you think is the right attitude to hold towards them?

E

EleventhHour

Christians are commanded “to study” or “be diligent” to know God’s Word (2 Timothy 2:15), and to “give attention to reading” the Word of God (1 Timothy 4:13) and lean into the discernment, leading given by the Holy Spirit.

All this requires a sound teaching in the fundamental doctrine of the Gospel being that salvation is an eternal gift never to be lost, taken back or forsaken.

God reveals His truth to those who take a stand with Him on His Truth!!
Amen... He is pure Truth.

He does not cast shifting shadows.

May 31, 2020

Luke
Amen, Oyster 🦪
Thank you for sharing Gospel Truth. Peace be with you on this day and always.

Jan 12, 2019
Is this an endorsement of others listening to and believing lies?

The question was, if you are not speaking truth, why should anyone listen to you?

You have not really answered the question, have you?

Meanwhile you criticize others for not doing so, in your opinion.
Because you are not the center of the universe, that they are other people who have different views about my point?

Is that hard for you to understand?

E

EleventhHour

True, each of us hold various beliefs that we take as truth for ourselves.

If others don't happen to believe in them as well, what do you think is the right attitude to hold towards them?

Biblical Truth is not and will never be subjective and relative.