Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 31, 2020
In my daily reading I was blessed with this gem this morning and it just goes to show that even today we see people with big egos and cold hearts embracing doctrine rather than embracing Jesus Christ.

“These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the Commandments of men.”

Pulie

May 26, 2020
My perspective is always entertain the possibility that one is viewing something from a different lens. It is truth for them, even if they don't agree with your particular lens.

You may hold something to be absolute truth for you, but if others don't see it the same way as you, there is no need to come down hard on them. Be patient, and learn to agree to disagree.
Couldn't have said it better. I hear you loud and clear. Some people were not patient with @jackrosie . They ganged up on her and treated her like an antagonist.

@jackrosie , your a sweetheart and don't allow people's behaviour to take the best of you. God has your back and He knows you better than anyone.

We have all wavered at one point in our lives, some are still wavering even today and are not even aware of it.

E

EleventhHour

If the entirety of mankind were drawn according to John 12:32, then the entirety of humanity would come, be saved, and would also eventually be raised.
The word "all" means all kinds of men.

45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

This verse reveals how God draws men unto Himself. "It is written in the prophets, 'And they shall all be taught of God.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me."

....... "taught" and "every man" (all drawn the same way; by being taught) and "hear" and "learn" and "come".

These are not mystical words. They are common, everyday words which are used to describe how it is that people are drawn to Christ.

God draws people unto Himself through the teaching/power of the gospel.

The preaching of the gospel is God's power, his drawing power, to save (I Corinthians 1:18-21).

Therefore, all people, when they hear the gospel, at any moment, have the ability to respond to God's gospel call.
They also have the ability to reject it (Acts 13:45-48).

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Truth? Read, pray for discernment, guidance in the Word of God. There is only one truth and it is written in understandable language for the People of God.

It is mankind who twists, turns, the Word of God into his own agenda.

It is not our interpretation but what the Holy Spirit's interpretation that is revealed to us from the Word of God.

E

EleventhHour

In my daily reading I was blessed with this gem this morning and it just goes to show that even today we see people with big egos and cold hearts embracing doctrine rather than embracing Jesus Christ.

“These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the Commandments of men.”
Amen "men of cold doctrine"

A doctrine that shuts the door rather than welcomes in... how Jesus must weep!!

Not for one second can I wrap by head around such a god.

Scripture presents no such God and my spirit through the discernment of the Holy Spirit tells me it is not of God.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I'm not on here for a popularity contest (probably a good thing as I would probably lose) but I am on here to converse about the bible (The Word of God).

If I like someone's post, it's because I like the truth they present as it goes along with God's Word. If I do not like what they say I do one of two things: 1. Scroll on by. 2. Respond with what I believe goes along with scripture.

This is an adult website and not some kindergarten room.

E

EleventhHour

I'm not on here for a popularity contest (probably a good thing as I would probably lose) but I am on here to converse about the bible (The Word of God).

If I like someone's post, it's because I like the truth they present as it goes along with God's Word. If I do not like what they say I do one of two things: 1. Scroll on by. 2. Respond with what I believe goes along with scripture.

This is an adult website and not some kindergarten room.
Amen... although sure has seemed like it on some days!!

May 31, 2020
Also read this beauty that smacks calvinism in every direction: “Fear not, little flock, for it is your Heavenly Father’s good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.”

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
As I already told you, the original post which you came in, was me expressing support for blue lake's comment.

You asked me questions about that post, as you are still doing now, I responded to you out of courtesy.

You are free to disagree with my response, I am fine.
I was not asking about that post, and I have said as much already. Your behavior indicates that you repeatedly refuse to answer questions, while you criticize others for that very same thing. You also make claims that are contradictory, un-Bilbical, and cannot be supported in any way at all, and instead of admitting such, you pretend the subject is something else, and deflect away, which smacks of dishonesty. Fine. Be that way. I have a clearer picture of you now.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You asked "one way or 2 way", my response was that you can only control what you do with your life.

You cannot control what others do.

That is my answer to your question.
Still does not answer the question. All rightly then, since that is your response, perhaps you could try living up to the standard you have set for others and stop poking your nose into other people's affairs, questioning their behavior, and acting as if other people should be doing something other than what they are, since according to you, it is "none of your business." Personally I prefer mutually respectful reciprocity, but you are right, I have no control over the bad behaviors of others. If you thought I did not know this already, you are sadly mistaken.

E

EleventhHour

I have no control over the bed behaviors of others.
This is pretty funny >>> :D:D:D

Okay now my coffee is everywhere!!!!

I needed a good laugh this morning.... hahahahaha ................ tears coming down ... hahaha

May 19, 2020
Couldn't have said it better. I hear you loud and clear. Some people were not patient with @jackrosie . They ganged up on her and treated her like an antagonist.

@jackrosie , your a sweetheart and don't allow people's behaviour to take the best of you. God has your back and He knows you better than anyone.

We have all wavered at one point in our lives, some are still wavering even today and are not even aware of it.

Such a beautiful touching post,thank you Pulie.

The Lord showed me that my behaviour needed to change....what an amazing Father we have...it makes me cry, because he is so faithful.....we have so much to learn all of us...but we have the best Teacher!
I’m sure you agree....God Bless.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This is pretty funny >>> :D:D:D

Okay now my coffee is everywhere!!!!

I needed a good laugh this morning.... hahahahaha ................ tears coming down ... hahaha
Yes, I caught that, and I thank you for the good laugh also :giggle: So sorry about your coffee though! :D

I am on my first cuppa :) :coffee::coffee::coffee:

E

EleventhHour

If I read it I start laughing all over again....OH DEAR ...

Well the release of endorphins sure feels good.....Okay.... no double entendre ... :D

May 19, 2020
[QUOTE="Pulie, post: 431253

We have all wavered at one point in our lives, some are still wavering even today and are not even aware of it.[/QUOTE]

A Big AMEN!! to that.x