Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
so does that mean that an unrighteous man is saved?

E

eternally-gratefull

Apart from Christ, there is no such thing as a righteous man,

paul, a pharisee of pharpiste, who also was saved by Christ and apostle to the gentiles, given the honor of writing much of the Nt, considered himself a chief of sinners, when we start looking inward at how good we think we are, we are in serious danger,

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
Apart from Christ, there is no such thing as a righteous man,

paul, a pharisee of pharpiste, who also was saved by Christ and apostle to the gentiles, given the honor of writing much of the Nt, considered himself a chief of sinners, when we start looking inward at how good we think we are, we are in serious danger,
Paul also said:
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Romans 6:1‭-‬2‭, ‬6‭-‬9‭, ‬11‭-‬18 KJV

E

eternally-gratefull

Paul also said:
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Romans 6:1‭-‬2‭, ‬6‭-‬9‭, ‬11‭-‬18 KJV
Yep he did

and no one here says otherwise

don’t make the mistake many have

this thread is on how one gets saved (justification)

not how one grows in Christ (sanctification)

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
Yep he did

and no one here says otherwise

don’t make the mistake many have

this thread is on how one gets saved (justification)

not how one grows in Christ (sanctification)
fair enough.....i was under the assumption after reading several posts on this looooooonggg thread that many believed they could continue in sin and live like the devil and call themselves Christians....thanks glad were on the same page. God bless

E

eternally-gratefull

fair enough.....i was under the assumption after reading several posts on this looooooonggg thread that many believed they could continue in sin and live like the devil and call themselves Christians....thanks glad were on the same page. God bless
thanks. I am glad you see it too..
Sadly a lot think this,

our goal is to defeat phariseeism, and people this this relates easy grace and love of sin when it does not

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
1604986088972.png

In that QUESTION, you think more HIGHLY of yourself, than you ought.

Romans 7:24-25 (HCSB)
24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this dying body?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh, to the law of sin.

1 Timothy 1:15 (ESV)
15 The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.

Romans 3:9-10 (HCSB)
9 What then? Are we any better? Not at all! For we have previously charged that both Jews and Gentiles are all under sin,
10 as it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one.

Romans 3:12 (YLT)
12 All did go out of the way, together they became unprofitable, there is none doing good, there is not even one.

Romans 3:23-24 (HCSB)
23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
24 They are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
View attachment 222637

In that QUESTION, you think more HIGHLY of yourself, than you ought.

Romans 7:24-25 (HCSB)
24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this dying body?
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh, to the law of sin.

1 Timothy 1:15 (ESV)
15 The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.

Romans 3:9-10 (HCSB)
9 What then? Are we any better? Not at all! For we have previously charged that both Jews and Gentiles are all under sin,
10 as it is written: There is no one righteous, not even one.

Romans 3:12 (YLT)
12 All did go out of the way, together they became unprofitable, there is none doing good, there is not even one.

Romans 3:23-24 (HCSB)
23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
24 They are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

In your RESPONSE you THINK you KNOW more than you really KNOW.

And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
1 Corinthians 8:2 KJV

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
In your RESPONSE you THINK you KNOW more than you really KNOW.

And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
1 Corinthians 8:2 KJV

No, my point is:

Romans 3:10 (ESV)
10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
A few days ago I tried to trim my rose bushes. I had a fight with one, and guess who LOST!