Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I am Absolutely Positive that the Holy Spirit has interpreted that Scripture Correctly.

Are you sure you are listening to the HOLY SPIRIT, or could it be another spirit you have been listening to ? ? ?

Yes, Paul studied the LAW with the aim PERSICUTING Christians. He had an evil MOTIVE for studying the Law. Had he studied the LAW, for the RIGHT MOTIVE, it would have lead him to the LORD, instead CHRIST HAD TO BLIND HIM ON THE DEMASCUS Road.

That same word is Interpreted in the NKJV and NASB is RUBBISH, which it certainly means REFUSE is "SKUBALON" <G4657>.

Philippians 3:7-10 (NKJV)
7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ.
8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ
9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

I will finish this tomorrow. Too Tired to continue.

Here is where you went WRONG in your interpretation of that word Dung or Refuse.

IT IS NOT TALKING ABOUT EDUCATION, but the JEWISH mindset and MOTIVE for their so-called LOVE and Obedience to GOD.

QUOTE:
It also corresponds to a Hebrew word used of God’s knowledge of His people (Amos 3:2) and their knowledge of Him in love and obedience (Jer. 31:34; Hos. 6:3; 8:2). rubbish. The Greek word refers to garbage or waste, and can even be translated “dung” or “manure.”
The MacArthur Bible Commentary. :END QUOTE.

It is talking about TRULY KNOWING THE LORD, and out of that DEEP AGAPE LOVE, truly wanting to SHOW THEIR LOVE By OBEYING HIM. The Jews Love for GOD was LESS than AGAPE LOVE, and therefore the MOTIVE for their obedience was ALL WRONG.

SALVATION is not a product of Blind OBEDIENCE, BUT IT IS A PRODUCT OF GENUINE AGAPE LOVE. Obedience is not the cause of SALVATION, the MOTIVE for OBEDIENCE, is Genuine AGAPE LOVE.

Anything LESS only produces WOOD, HAY and STUBBLE that will BURN UP, at BEST; or FILTHY RAGS at the absolute WORST. THAT is the Rubbish the JEWS WERE PRODUCING, because NOTHING was Produced out AGAPE LOVE; NOT because of their Education, it was because of their LACK OF AGAPE LOVE.

Mal 3:6 (NASB77)
“For I, the LORD, do not change;

therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.

Therefore the same way HE SAVES NEW TESTAMENT BELIEVERS,
Is the SAME WAY HE SAVES THE OLD TESTAMENT BELIEVERS.
The Holy Ghost is the revelator, not a formal education.

No matter how educated a person is, if the Holy Spirit does not reveal, there is not going to be any truthful understanding.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
The Holy Ghost is the revelator, not a formal education.

No matter how educated a person is, if the Holy Spirit does not reveal, there is not going to be any truthful understanding.

YOU SAID IT. The Holy Spirit is the Revealer and the Education IN ME.

When out the HOLY SPIRIT giving you Eternal Life, you are still spiritually dead.

John 14:16 {NET2} Then I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you forever –
John 14:17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot accept, because it does not see him or know him. But you know him, because he resides with you and will be in you.
John 14:18 “I will not abandon you as orphans, I will come to you.

John 14:26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and will cause you to remember everything I said to you.

Yes, I used a different tool on my Lap Top, to research this. It is called "theWORD" and it is from England, and yes it has the KJV too, her is the list of their FREE BIBLES:
ASV, BBE, ESV2011, HCSB, ISV, KJV, NET2, UKJV, WEB, YLT, and a lot of others, that I never heard of, and some New Testaments. And quite a few are in Foreign Languages, even in Chinese. YES THEY ARE ALL FREE, and the only one I had to buy is NASB77, and it cost me $14.95. Not all of their versions are in Red Letter editions, some what of a disappointment.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Intelligence has been shown to not be static, having said that, so far there is no way to measure intelligence.
There's not a really good way, anyhow. We can give people tests but who decides a person who doesn't test well is unintelligent? I do well on tests but I'm dumb.

Maybe a bigger problem is defining intelligence tho. Because a person isn't necessarily less intelligent just because they don't do as well with certain kinds of logic puzzles.

E

EleventhHour

There's not a really good way, anyhow. We can give people tests but who decides a person who doesn't test well is unintelligent? I do well on tests but I'm dumb.

Maybe a bigger problem is defining intelligence tho. Because a person isn't necessarily less intelligent just because they don't do as well with certain kinds of logic puzzles.
You are speaking my language this time ...lol and there is math involved too. :)

For certain, there are many assumptions behind the Bell curve.
Having administered many standardized tests over the years, certainly I have seen some very smart people not do well with standardized tests, processing speed is typically one reason.
It is often not realized that people deemed within that gifted range of 98th percentile and higher, quite often struggle in life and in school, but I have not looked at the stats lately. It is actually quite sad.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
IF YOU ARE BORN AGAIN you automatically HAVE the Imputed Righteousness of CHRIST.
So what do you mean by that STATEMENT ? ? ?
Even after we have been born again, by our nature our righteousness is still as filthy rags. This is why we have the ongoing battle within us.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Even after we have been born again, by our nature our righteousness is still as filthy rags. This is why we have the ongoing battle within us.

NO, you don't get out of explaining what Imputed Righteousness means with that WEAK DEFINITION, because IF you are Born Again, you have it, whether you realize it or not. Explain it, or admit you do not know for sure?

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Missed this place very much. I see returning this thread is still alive, as it should be. The OP topic is right on. I had on my Facebook someone tell me if I believed "Once saved, always saved" I was going to hell. Well it was on with me and that person after that statement.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I agree we have an internal Battle going on between our Human Spiritual Mind in the Heart, and the human fleshly mind that lies between our Ears. BUT I ASKED you to define what is IMPUTED Righteousness of CHRIST ? ? ? By the way, we define any work done out of the WRONG MOTIVE, and the only RIGHT MOTIVE is Agapê LOVE for GOD. (Some Bibles pronounce that word Agapē, which means the same, the Ultimate form of Godly LOVE, generated in the born again HEART.)

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Missed this place very much. I see returning this thread is still alive, as it should be. The OP topic is right on. I had on my Facebook someone tell me if I believed "Once saved, always saved" I was going to hell. Well it was on with me and that person after that statement.

I have had that experience too, THEY think we believe we can Sin all we want, WHICH IS ONLY IN THE FALSE INFORMATION, that they have been taught. You try to correct them and teach what we REALLY believe, and they turn a totally deaf ear, and continue to spout there False Information. I have tried on numerous occasions to correct them, that we BELIEVE, Obedience is not part of SALVATION, but it is Part of AGAPE LOVE, after you are SAVED. Agape Love, in John 14:15, and 1 John 5:3 proves that, but they do not want to hear the TRUTH. I think the really like putting us down.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
You are speaking my language this time ...lol and there is math involved too. :)

For certain, there are many assumptions behind the Bell curve.
Having administered many standardized tests over the years, certainly I have seen some very smart people not do well with standardized tests, processing speed is typically one reason.
It is often not realized that people deemed within that gifted range of 98th percentile and higher, quite often struggle in life and in school, but I have not looked at the stats lately. It is actually quite sad.
we have an hard time connecting with people, and participating in a lot of things which are typically geared toward either least-common-denominator or median-percentile can be frustrating either because we're not stimulated or we are overanalyzing things that aren't designed to withstand overanalyzing, or we're just vain, which is a real & ever-present pitfall for anyone who has been told since childhood that they have some kind of ill-defined superiority, over and above the 'affirm everyone' atmosphere & all the participation awards.
overall yeah there's a difficulty engaging in life & school.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I have had that experience too, THEY think we believe we can Sin all we want, WHICH IS ONLY IN THE FALSE INFORMATION, that they have been taught. You try to correct them and teach what we REALLY believe, and they turn a totally deaf ear, and continue to spout there False Information. I have tried on numerous occasions to correct them, that we BELIEVE, Obedience is not part of SALVATION, but it is Part of AGAPE LOVE, after you are SAVED. Agape Love, in John 14:15, and 1 John 5:3 proves that, but they do not want to hear the TRUTH. I think the really like putting us down.

Sometimes I think they don't want to believe because it's easier to tell us how wrong we are. Truth is often overcome by blindness.