Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
First 100 Posts, complete. 400 more to go, to REACH 150,000 Posts.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Oh, I am SURE you understand that. Cuts and bruises Heal slower, everything takes LONGER, including brushing your teeth. I have to make a list to go get GROCERIES, even if it is only 3 things. Because by the time I drive to the store, I will have forgotten TWO items. Remembering Names gets more difficult as each year passes. I used to make CANES for Fun and Sell them, NOW I ARE THE ONE THAT NEEDS THEM. Etc., etc.

View attachment 224694 , View attachment 224695

Oh YES, I have vivid Memories was watching my Dad and Uncle put indoor Plumbing in the House. I have vivid memories of what it feels like to sit on the ice cold boards of an Outhouse, in the winter. I remember putting my Shoes while wearing them on a red hot Pot Belly Stove, after coming in from outside, felt GOOD, and Mom yelling at me from the Kitchen to get my feet off that stove. I remember sticking my tongue on a frosty metal gate post, ONLY ONE TIME. Milking Cows by hand, squirting barn cats in the face. One Room School Houses, where Teacher REALLY used a switch, when we were bad, but took us to the woodshed to spank us. First TV, and we got our chores DONE IN RECORD TIME.
I can sure relate to that!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You know, that JESUS is VERY REAL TO ME. His mind is in my heart, and the HOLY SPIRIT is literally in Me.
Nothing I do, can enhance the SALVATION HE HAS ALREADY PROVIDED. YES, because of the SALVATION HE HAS PROVIDED,
I out of AGAPE LOVE, CHOOSE to Strive to OBEY HIM. So where does that AGAPE LOVE COME FROM ? ? ? FROM HIM!

Romans 5:1-11 (HCSB)
1 Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 We have also obtained access through Him by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance,
4 endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope.
5 This hope will not disappoint ⌊us⌋, because God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
6 For while we were still helpless, at the appointed moment, Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For rarely will someone die for a just person—though for a good person perhaps someone might even dare to die.
8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!
9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.
10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, ⌊then how⌋ much more, having been reconciled, will we be saved by His life!
11 And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ. We have now received this reconciliation through Him.

Every bit of that is written in PASTE TENSE VERBAGE, EXCEPT the Wrath that to come, BUT EVEN THAN TELLS US WE WILL BE SAVED FROM THAT WRATH.

Can you imagine how those who think they have to earn THEIR SALVATION, have to TWIST AND TURN ROMANS, to continue to believe their FALSE THEORY ? ? ?

I think they THINK, that SALVATION and SANCTIFICATION is the SAME THING ? ? ?

SALVATION = Happens to the Human Spirit (Born Again) in an instant.

SANCTIFICATION = A life long struggle to conform the Body to walk like JESUS, and will not be complete until the Resurrection.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Work, work, work, keep, keep, keep. Praise God Almighty for His infinite mercy and grace. He has done the work, I have accepted and turned my whole self over to Him.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Why should we give it up? The topic is a major one to keep in the forefront for those who need to hear it.

1611119990988.png

It seems like everyone wanted to abandon ship, when dc could no longer be here. So you are in FAVOR of continuing the thread, so LET's REVIVE IT. We BELIEVE in OSAS, so let's proclaim it, and patiently correct those who want to believe false ideas about what we REALLY Teach and Believe.

I just made that Christian Poster, I hope that way will help me to avoid repetitive questions. I get the same old questions over and over again, with the same old False Accusations, about we believe we can sin all we want and still go to heaven. NOT! That is such a lie, about our beliefs, I cannot believe it has never died out. Pastors have to be taught that from Seminary Professors. And it is not even Close to where we evangelicals actually believe.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
You know, I checked that Christian Poster that I made up three different times, for TYPOS, and still I found 3 Typos. I had to invent a way to edit it, and resave it, to get the errors out. If I get worse, just have my family put me in VA Assisted Living Home, with GOOD FOOD, and cable TV. Here is the edit:

1611194838091.png

Yes, I still like Colors, no what Face Book calls it, just part of old school teaching. No it NEVER means yelling to ME.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Ephesians 2:4-10
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Notice saved by grace.
Notice verse 8
Notice 9

Notice how V10 relates to verses 4-9

Nothing in the verses 4-9 tell us we are saved by works, infact the opposite and this is because of v4-5. His mercy, his great love and being made alive in Jesus.

John never said we are saved by works but our faith should result in works, he did not qualify the amount of works and this harmonises with v10 above.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
  1. 1611289516404.png

Howdy Bill, welcome back. I had fun yesterday making that colorful Poster.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
1611291145161.png

Our weather has been warmer than Usual. Maybe that is the Calm before the STORM.

Jeremiah 36:22 (HCSB)
22 Since it was the ninth month, the king was sitting in his winter quarters with a fire burning in front of him.

While Outside it could look like this:

E

eternally-gratefull

Ephesians 2:4-10
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Notice saved by grace.
Notice verse 8
Notice 9

Notice how V10 relates to verses 4-9

Nothing in the verses 4-9 tell us we are saved by works, infact the opposite and this is because of v4-5. His mercy, his great love and being made alive in Jesus.

John never said we are saved by works but our faith should result in works, he did not qualify the amount of works and this harmonises with v10 above.
Amen.good to see you Bro

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I am going to try an experiment, and Pretend I am talking to a group of Teenagers. Complete with immature thinking and attitude, while some of them do not think they Sin, or quit sinning. You have seen them on this site, if you have been here long enough; and the first choir, it to convince them they are SINNERS, in as few words as possible.

1611342628327.png

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NKJV)
20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

Romans 3:12 (HCSB)
12 All have turned away; all alike have become useless. There is no one who does what is good, not even one.

What you call GOOD, and what GOD calls GOOD, are two Different things. HERE IS GOD's STANDARD:

Mark 12:30 (NRSV)
30 you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.'

And you cannot live up to that STANDARD. Jesus said:

Mark 14:38 (ESV)
38 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Paul said:

Romans 7:22-25 (NRSV)
22 For I delight in the law of God in my inmost self,
23 but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind, making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh I am a slave to the law of sin.

The night the HOLY SPIRIT brought that kind of deep, deep conviction into my Heart (Human Spirit), I cried like baby for almost 2 hours, mourning over my lifestyle of Sin, before I willingly SURRENDERED to JESUS. I really wanted HIM to rule over my life as MASTER, because I was making a complete MESS OF IT. That is why ROM. 10:9-10, IS WORDED THIS WAY:

Romans 10:9-10 (HCSB)
9 If you confess {not just profess, as a Confession has to be true in your heart, before you can say,} with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord," {Which means Master.} and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation.

1611342701155.png

Now, did I give those group of teenagers, enough of the GOSPEL, so that those who were Predestinated, the Holy Spirit could take that info, apply it to their Hearts, and lead them to genuinely Confess JESUS as their LORD ? ? ? Was it brief Enough ? ? ?

14meatcc

Feb 17, 2020
San Diego
I am going to try an experiment, and Pretend I am talking to a group of Teenagers. Complete with immature thinking and attitude, while some of them do not think they Sin, or quit sinning. You have seen them on this site, if you have been here long enough; and the first choir, it to convince them they are SINNERS, in as few words as possible.

View attachment 224869

Ecclesiastes 7:20 (NKJV)
20 For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

Romans 3:12 (HCSB)
12 All have turned away; all alike have become useless. There is no one who does what is good, not even one.

What you call GOOD, and what GOD calls GOOD, are two Different things. HERE IS GOD's STANDARD:

Mark 12:30 (NRSV)
30 you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.'

And you cannot live up to that STANDARD. Jesus said:

Mark 14:38 (ESV)
38 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Paul said:

Romans 7:22-25 (NRSV)
22 For I delight in the law of God in my inmost self,
23 but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind, making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh I am a slave to the law of sin.

The night the HOLY SPIRIT brought that kind of deep, deep conviction into my Heart (Human Spirit), I cried like baby for almost 2 hours, mourning over my lifestyle of Sin, before I willingly SURRENDERED to JESUS. I really wanted HIM to rule over my life as MASTER, because I was making a complete MESS OF IT. That is why ROM. 10:9-10, IS WORDED THIS WAY:

Romans 10:9-10 (HCSB)
9 If you confess {not just profess, as a Confession has to be true in your heart, before you can say,} with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord," {Which means Master.} and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 One believes with the heart, resulting in righteousness, and one confesses with the mouth, resulting in salvation.

View attachment 224870

Now, did I give those group of teenagers, enough of the GOSPEL, so that those who were Predestinated, the Holy Spirit could take that info, apply it to their Hearts, and lead them to genuinely Confess JESUS as their LORD ? ? ? Was it brief Enough ? ? ?
I would like to say that Paul was addressing the Israelites, his Kinsman.
Confession Christ is King is not merely a statement repeated in a prayer but a proclamation from the welling up of the spirit of Truth with enthusiasm that Christ is King. Believe that the Lord rose him on the third day is only a belief that can be given to you by the Holy Spirit.
I cannot fathom wow people could believe who claimed to have spirit of God in them, Spirit of Truth that the almighty creator with leave our Eternal destiny to our own filthy imperfect finite selves to make.
I do not send any wisdom in that Doctrine or belief system. We have no idea how to get there, what is going to be like, or anything at all about where we're going, so how could we rationally make the decision that that's where we want to go. So many people have heard centuries doctrinal lies, half-truths, and spiritless worship that I cannot fathom their belief system. It speaks with no wisdom.
Religious practices that are dead in true Saving faith not led by the spirit of Truth.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
View attachment 224792

It seems like everyone wanted to abandon ship, when dc could no longer be here. So you are in FAVOR of continuing the thread, so LET's REVIVE IT. We BELIEVE in OSAS, so let's proclaim it, and patiently correct those who want to believe false ideas about what we REALLY Teach and Believe.

I just made that Christian Poster, I hope that way will help me to avoid repetitive questions. I get the same old questions over and over again, with the same old False Accusations, about we believe we can sin all we want and still go to heaven. NOT! That is such a lie, about our beliefs, I cannot believe it has never died out. Pastors have to be taught that from Seminary Professors. And it is not even Close to where we evangelicals actually believe.

Yes I am in favor to keep it. New Christians need to know they have eternal salvation through no "works" of their own. God Almighty Creator has handled it all. The only "works" they should be doing is to further the kingdom of God and to be the servants of Jesus Christ.