Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Beginning today, I am to receive 33 radiation treatments for my cancer. God has this. All uplifting prayers are appreciated.
Will you be receiving chemo also? My radiation treatments went from last April 28th to the 2nd of June, Monday to Friday (no weekend treatments), and I took a pill form of chemo only on the days of radiation, also... pre-surgery, that is. Following my surgery last August to remove the greatly-reduced-in-size tumor (reduced through said treatments), I was then on a chemo schedule of two weeks on followed by one week off for what was originally planned to be six rounds, but side effects from the chemo had them eliminate my last two weeks, so it all ended mid January instead of early February. I am still waiting for my second surgery to be booked, as the original date was bumped from last month to allow for an emergency case. I hope, and trust, and pray, all goes well for you :)

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Will you be receiving chemo also? My radiation treatments went from last April 28th to the 2nd of June, Monday to Friday (no weekend treatments), and I took a pill form of chemo only on the days of radiation, also... pre-surgery, that is. Following my surgery last August to remove the greatly-reduced-in-size tumor (reduced through said treatments), I was then on a chemo schedule of two weeks on followed by one week off for what was originally planned to be six rounds, but side effects from the chemo had them eliminate my last two weeks, so it all ended mid January instead of early February. I am still waiting for my second surgery to be booked, as the original date was bumped from last month to allow for an emergency case. I hope, and trust, and pray, all goes well for you :)

I am told I do not need chemo. After my radiation, I am to take a hormone blocker. My radiology doctor prefers to do radiation over a long period of time at low dosages. Yes, I will go every day Monday tru Friday but not on weekends. My tumor has been surgically removed. The radiation is geared to keep me from having any recurrence. My tumor was about 5 cm. All in all, my prognosis from the beginning has been good. The type cancer I had was rare and only 20% of woman have this type of breast cancer. I always knew I was "rare." lol. I have done my best to put this crisis in the Hands of God and it is a battle to not take it back. But we have no control over our lives as far as what enters in disease wise. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I pray your next surgery will be soon and successful.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
My devotion today revealed to me that I need to "listen" to Him in order to know His will. It also revealed to me (I still feel very unworthy of His love) that He loves me and not my "performance."

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I just found out that two of my Brotherinlaws are at death's door and a third one is in very poor health. Some comfort is that all Three of them are Christians. Maybe the Rapture could be this year, as that would be a TREMEDOUS BLESSING.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I just found out that two of my Brotherinlaws are at death's door and a third one is in very poor health. Some comfort is that all Three of them are Christians. Maybe the Rapture could be this year, as that would be a TREMEDOUS BLESSING.

Praying for your family VCO (y)

E

eternally-gratefull

Praying for your family Bro

Aug 3, 2019
there is no record of the Ten Commands being given to anyone other than Moses.

when God said that Abraham kept His Law, the word there is torat, not Torah.

torat means commands, but not the Ten

so, when God told Abraham to go and do and Abraham did, he kept God's commands.
You're being extremely legalistic. We know full well the Ten Commandments existed before Moses, so whether the word is "torah" or "torat" is inconsequential.

Joseph knew adultery was wrong. Cain knew murder was wrong. Abraham knew not to lie. So, to argue that God didn't require anyone to obey the Ten Commandments until Sinai doesn't make sense - He made Cain an outcast as punishment for his crime, which is enough to establish for us that "Thou shalt not kill" applied from Adam onward.

Which of the Ten Commandments didn't exist before Sinai which didn't apply to Abraham?

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Abraham found favor with God because of his FAITH. When Abraham followed the Lord, even unto giving the life of his beloved son Isaac, God knew how FAITHFUL Abraham was. Faith must be how we please God.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Galatians
5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only [use] not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Hello, I am asking for prayer. I have been having random involuntary jerking/movement. I have an upcoming EEG test in May. It was particularly distressing for me earlier today.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Hello, I am asking for prayer. I have been having random involuntary jerking/movement. I have an upcoming EEG test in May. It was particularly distressing for me earlier today.
Hi cherieR, it would be a pleasure to pray for you 😁

E

eternally-gratefull

Praying dear sister!