Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
@star

Humility is to:

- See yourself in the right light. Not to have too high of a view or too low.

- to surrender to the Lord and walk in obedience

- to admit when you are wrong and seek forgiveness

- to be able and willing to ask for help and recognize your human limitations

- to take hardships and hurts with patience. To not think you are entitled or that others owe you something

- to worship God always no matter what’s going on for he is worthy and has been so good.

To be humble is a big part of what it means to love I believe.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Is this not true humility?

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Many think it's to say i am not good enough, not worthy and so on.

That is a lie. Through Jesus we are worthy and loved and accepted.

True humility is "God without you I am nothing and with you I am everything"

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina

This is one of my favorite passage of scripture.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Only 26 more treatments to go. God has been helping me through this. How can anyone get through major crisis without the help of the Lord?

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Would you like to see HOW WRONG the Jew can be about the so-called Temple Mount? They were in exhile for over a 1000 years, forgot about the the TEMPLE to JUPITER that the ROMANS build on the ORIGINAL MT. ZION, Forgot about the MT. Moriah was the name of the entire ridge from north of the Dome of Rock, all the way South to lower end of City of David, Forgot about the CITY OF DAVID and Jerusalem were the SAME PLACE, and Forgot about in 132 A.D. Prince Simon bar Kokhba ordered the defiled bedrock be removed from the Hill called Mt. Zion, to prepare for the THIRD TEMPLE, but Simon was Killed in Battle with the Romans 3 years later. So the Temple was never build, but the Defiled Bedrock was removed. Forgot even WHERE the WOODED HILL called Mt. Zion was located, (due south of the Al Asqa Mosque about 600 feet.) THEREFORE the Jews have been Praying at the WRONG WALL, as it is the Fortress of the 10th Legion, with 10,000 troups and Support Personnel.

Here is a map that shows that Mt. Moriah was a RIDGE between North of the Dome of the Rock - all the ways past the Pool of Siloam.
And the REAL Mt. Zion was a single Peak in the middle of Mt. Moriah.

Ancient Jerusalem was the Southern Half below the Ophel.

Do you see this artist showed Ancient Jerusalem. In the Givati Parking Lot they have dug down to the level of the King David's Palace.
That is the Large building just before the TWO GUARD TOWERS at the North Gate of the City. King Solomon would build the Temple on the OPHEL, which is the large flat top area just beyond the TOWERS, (very light TAN with squiggly lines that look like writings,) and the THRESHING FLOOR of Ornan the Jebusite, that King David BOUGHT. That is Mt. ZION's single Peak or HILL, where King Solomon would build a TEMPLE to GOD, in the exact same place a King David had his TABERNACLE. The reason the Jewish Sanhedrin did not recognize it in 1212 A.D. when they NAMED the so called TEMPLE MOUNT; is Prince Simon Bar Kokhba in 132 A.D., wanted the defiled Bedrock removed, (the ROMANS built a Temple to Jupiter on that site), in Preparation to Build the Third Temple. Therefore Mt. ZION was Lowered at least 2 meters of more, and the current JEWISH SANHEDRIN forgot all about Prince Simon's 3 years of reign. So it took over two years to remove all the defiled Bedrock; and in 135 A.D. Prince Simon was Killed in battle, when 12 Legions counter attacked Jerusalem. Thus no TEMPLE was built. As you can see at the Time of KING DAVID and KING SOLOMON, nothing was on that higher hill to the North. Herod built that FORTRESS ANTONIA, there to house the ROMAN TENTH LEGION of nearly 10,000 Troops and Support Staff.

1 Chronicles 21:15-30 (ESV)
15 And God sent the angel to Jerusalem to destroy it, but as he was about to destroy it, the LORD saw, and he relented from the calamity. And he said to the angel who was working destruction, “It is enough; now stay your hand.” And the angel of the LORD was standing by the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.
16 And David lifted his eyes and saw the angel of the LORD standing between earth and heaven, and in his hand a drawn sword stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.
17 And David said to God, “Was it not I who gave command to number the people? It is I who have sinned and done great evil. But these sheep, what have they done? Please let your hand, O LORD my God, be against me and against my father’s house. But do not let the plague be on your people.”
18 Now the angel of the LORD had commanded Gad to say to David that David should go up and raise an altar to the LORD on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.
19 So David went up at Gad’s word, which he had spoken in the name of the LORD.
20 Now Ornan was threshing wheat. He turned and saw the angel, and his four sons who were with him hid themselves.
21 As David came to Ornan, Ornan looked and saw David and went out from the threshing floor and paid homage to David with his face to the ground.
22 And David said to Ornan, “Give me the site of the threshing floor that I may build on it an altar to the LORD—give it to me at its full price—that the plague may be averted from the people.”
23 Then Ornan said to David, “Take it, and let my lord the king do what seems good to him. See, I give the oxen for burnt offerings and the threshing sledges for the wood and the wheat for a grain offering; I give it all.”
24 But King David said to Ornan, “No, but I will buy them for the full price. I will not take for the LORD what is yours, nor offer burnt offerings that cost me nothing.”
25 So David paid Ornan 600 shekels of gold by weight for the site.
26 And David built there an altar to the LORD and presented burnt offerings and peace offerings and called on the LORD, and the LORD answered him with fire from heaven upon the altar of burnt offering.
27 Then the LORD commanded the angel, and he put his sword back into its sheath.
28 At that time, when David saw that the LORD had answered him at the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite, he sacrificed there.
29 For the tabernacle of the LORD, which Moses had made in the wilderness, and the altar of burnt offering were at that time in the high place at Gibeon,
30 but David could not go before it to inquire of God, for he was afraid of the sword of the angel of the LORD.

2 Chronicles 3:1 (ASV)
1 Then Solomon began to build the house of Jehovah at Jerusalem on mount Moriah, where Jehovah appeared unto David his father, which he made ready in the place that David had appointed, in the threshing-floor of Ornan the Jebusite.

In modern times, almost no one thinks that Mount Moriah, was the NAME OF THE WHOLE RIDGE. Therefore the TEMPLE was built on Mt. ZION, a single peak in the middle of the Mt. Moriah Ridge. The Mistake the JEWS and Christians who believe the so-called TEMPLE MOUNT, is the right LOCATION, is NOT LOOKING FOR A LEVEL ENOUGH GROUND FOR THE THRESHING FLOOR.

There is evidence that TEMPLE was built on a LOWER HILL in our New Testament, but the JEWS do not what to HEAR IT.

Acts 21:29-40 (HCSB)
29 For they had previously seen Trophimus the Ephesian in the city with him, and they supposed that Paul had brought him into the temple complex.
30 The whole city was stirred up, and the people rushed together. They seized Paul, dragged him out of the temple complex, and at once the gates were shut.
31 As they were trying to kill him, word went up to the commander of the regiment that all Jerusalem was in chaos.
32 Taking along soldiers and centurions, he immediately ran down to them. Seeing the commander and the soldiers, they stopped beating Paul.
33 Then the commander came up, took him into custody, and ordered him to be bound with two chains. He asked who he was and what he had done.
34 Some in the mob were shouting one thing and some another. Since he was not able to get reliable information because of the uproar, he ordered him to be taken into the barracks.
35 When Paul got to the steps, he had to be carried by the soldiers because of the mob’s violence,
36 for the mass of people followed, yelling, “Take him away!”
37 As he was about to be brought into the barracks, Paul said to the commander, “Am I allowed to say something to you?” He replied, “Do you know Greek?
38 Aren’t you the Egyptian who raised a rebellion some time ago and led 4,000 Assassins into the wilderness?”
39 Paul said, “I am a Jewish man from Tarsus of Cilicia, a citizen of an important city. Now I ask you, let me speak to the people.”
40 After he had given permission, Paul stood on the steps and motioned with his hand to the people. When there was a great hush, he addressed them in the Hebrew language:

Notice from the FORTRESS ANTONIA, then had to RUN DOWN TO SAVE PAUL.

And there was a stairs with a place to speak from, where is it TODAY ? ? ? It is OUTSIDE THE WALL.

There is drawing of what it looked like during Paul's arrest. Here is the same stairs only I drew in the entrances, as during the Ottoman Empire rule, that Wall was rebuilt without Doorways.

I suspect the Commander of the COHORT on DUTY, occupied that Office (red rectangle) inside the wall.

My theory, is GOD may want it in the WRONG LOCATION, since the Antichrist controlled by Satan is Prophesied to SIT THERE.
Current News from Israel is the Sanhedrin of the Jews and Saudi Arabia are currently working on a deal, where the Jews can build (on the wrong location) the Third Temple.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

This is one of my favorite passage of scripture.

:)

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
That post #151,827 is a sample of my Thread, called, THIRD TEMPLE NEWS, not a Prophecy Thread, but News From ISRAEL about their plan to build the Third Temple.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
@VCO ...
I was thinking about the 3rd temple being built yesterday , ( sorry peeps for derailing the thread ) and I was thinking that the temple does not have to be built with stones , but can be made like the Tabernacle in the days of Moses , just a thought...
...xox...

E

eternally-gratefull

@VCO ...
I was thinking about the 3rd temple being built yesterday , ( sorry peeps for derailing the thread ) and I was thinking that the temple does not have to be built with stones , but can be made like the Tabernacle in the days of Moses , just a thought...
...xox...
SIS!!!!!! :):)

We do know in the last days the man of sin will enter the holy place. and place an idol committing the abomination of desolation. I do agree. it could be like this, maybe in the begining. I also wonder of the man of sin is going to use this as a place of wonder as his place of authority, what would this look like?

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Hi brother @eternally-gratefull :giggle:
Only God knows these things...
Thank God that He knows everything , He is in control , and that should give us all great comfort...
Hope you keeping well these days ...
...xox...

E

eternally-gratefull

The Book of Revelation is so difficult for me to read. I do believe this world is in the "last days."
I have no doubt the birth pangs of Matt 24 have begun and we have been in them for awhile now.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Psalm 34: 6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

Oh to know we have the Creator who hears our small little voices in distress. Now let Him hear our voices of "thankfulness." I do not thank Him enough.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I believe so as well. I don't see how the Lord can possibly put up with much more.
2 Peter 3:8-10
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
The Day of the Lord
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

May 22, 2020
Christians, be aware of what the ...new age religion types...are doing by making you feel guilty for doing God's work.
We are to witness for Christ...don't ever forget that. .... clearly illustrated here;.