Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 22, 2020
Your the one who is playing with words my frienfs

james is speaking to people who have no faith period, their faith is dead, they are hearers not doers. You love using that passage but refuse to listen to paul when he said it is grace OT works, otherwise grace is no longer grace, it is not of works lest we should boast, and it is not by works but by Gods mercy.

you can’t earn your salvation my friend, you couod Works ever minute of every day for the rest of yur life and you would fall short the penalty of sin is death, not doing good works9 good works does not remove sin or the penalty of sin we can not redeem ourself by good works, we are redeemed by the blood of Christ

if your trying to be righteous of your own effort you better be perfectly because that is what is required, as moses and paul both said cursed is the one who does not obey every world as james made clear. If by yur effort yu keep all thenlaw, yet stumble in one are, yur guilty of tha law. Cursed, worthy of eternal death.

when you workers realize how guilty you are and stop trying to tell us who KNOW how guilty we are how we have to follow you, you will understand what Paul and david and Abraham and James and all other men who have fallen on their knees unable to even look up to God. And cry out for his mercy,

until then, I will continue to pray for you
All of God's word is for you and I.
Check your new age religion bible at the door.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
For that, only Jesus when he comes back and know and makes the decision at the judgment of the sheep and goats.

He has perfect knowledge of what this one has done, I do not. If he didn't offer to help feed or clothe any of the persecuted Jews before he accepted Jesus (Matthew 25:31-46), he may still be cast into the lake of fire.

Thus not taking the mark of the beast is just one of the many work requirements to be saved during the Tribulation.
I appreciate your response but I am not agree with you

1. Salvation never by work, before or after tribulation

2. Yes the saved have love, manifest in helping the poor, it doesn't matter Jews or not, but helping the poor is not the requirement for salvation, it is the manifestation of salvation
When Jesus the master of love in you, you will act like Jesus.

Helping the poor is the fruit of salvation not the requirement.

Jan 12, 2019
I appreciate your response but I am not agree with you

1. Salvation never by work, before or after tribulation

2. Yes the saved have love, manifest in helping the poor, it doesn't matter Jews or not, but helping the poor is not the requirement for salvation, it is the manifestation of salvation
When Jesus the master of love in you, you will act like Jesus.

Helping the poor is the fruit of salvation not the requirement.
Actually I said faith and work so it’s not by works alone

that depends on how you choose to understand the sheep and the goat judgment in Matthew 25

I read that passage and understand it literally. Jesus said what he mean and mean what he said there

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Actually I said faith and work so it’s not by works alone

that depends on how you choose to understand the sheep and the goat judgment in Matthew 25

I read that passage and understand it literally. Jesus said what he mean and mean what he said there
I believe what Jesus say too. But I read the Bible as a whole

In john 3:16 Jesus say whosoever believe will save

In Matt 25 Jesus say the people that love and help the poor will be save

In john 15 Jesus say a branch that abide to the vine will bear fruit
Fruit of Holy Spirit is love, manifested in Matt 25

So yes there is correlation between real faith and loving work

If you only read Matt 25, look like salvation by loving work

And why you believe salvation by faith and work, Matt 25 not mention faith
Is that because your also read other verse don't you

I read some verse and make conclusion

Jan 12, 2019

In john 3:16 Jesus say whosoever believe will save

In Matt 25 Jesus say the people that love and help the poor will be save

In john 15 Jesus say a branch that abide to the vine will bear fruit
Fruit of Holy Spirit is love, manifested in Matt 25

So yes there is correlation between real faith and loving work

If you only read Matt 25, look like salvation by loving work

And why you believe salvation by faith and work, Matt 25 not mention faith
Is that because your also read other verse don't you

I read some verse and make conclusion
Yep you have to rightly divide the word of truth in order to understand the different requirements for salvation in different time periods

Think in terms of time past, but now and the age to come

If you don’t, then yes you can make the bible say whatever you want it to say

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Yep you have to rightly divide the word of truth in order to understand the different requirements for salvation in different time periods

Think in terms of time past, but now and the age to come

If you don’t, then yes you can make the bible say whatever you want it to say
What verse say in tribulation salvation by faith and work?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I already gave you revelation 14:12
Revelation 14:12, NIV: "This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus."

To me call for patient endurance is not only in 7 years tribulation. Now before 7 years tribulation, in some part of the world is in persecution and that call is applicable to them.

And patient is a fruit of faith

Bible say Fruit of Holy Spirit is love, not the requirement of salvation but fruit of salvation

1 for 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Love is patient

So it doesn't matter in 7 year trib or not, if you have love you are patient

Jan 12, 2019
Revelation 14:12, NIV: "This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus."

To me call for patient endurance is not only in 7 years tribulation. Now before 7 years tribulation, in some part of the world is in persecution and that call is applicable to them.

And patient is a fruit of faith

Bible say Fruit of Holy Spirit is love, not the requirement of salvation but fruit of salvation

1 for 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Love is patient

So it doesn't matter in 7 year trib or not, if you have love you are patient
In context, The verses before that, vs 9 onwards are about not taking the mark of the beast.

That only happens during the tribulation

E

eternally-gratefull

All of God's word is for you and I.
Check your new age religion bible at the door.
Yeah it is

even the words that says you are cursed if you do not obey every word of the law.

which makes the law the schoolmaster to lead us to Christ,

you wanna keep following the schoolmaster? You must have not been led to the end of the trip then.

May 8, 2021
In context, The verses before that, vs 9 onwards are about not taking the mark of the beast.

We are in that time.

Dont line up to take the MARK, even if you lose your job or ability to fly.

Think and pray before you sink..... or the needle sinks

Bible truths

Jan 12, 2019
We are in that time.

Dont line up to take the MARK, even if you lose your job or ability to fly.

Think and pray before you sink..... or the needle sinks

Bible truths
What is the mark of the beast now, if you believe we are in that time?

May 8, 2021
The Lord Jesus doesnt come til after the the fulfillment of his prophet Daniel's conditions meshed with the Lords angel in Revelation.

That starts with the Covenant of Daniel

Cross reference with the present Mid East rioting, to establish the 3rd Temple used by the AC IMO

The precursors of being able to buy sell and travel are HERE, even without the AC face on the visible orr invisible MARK

Enough said by me.. IMO

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

Yes in 7 years we need patient, but patient also need every time, because patient is love

I Cor 13

As long we have Jesus we have love, as long as we have love we have patient.

It doesn't matter in 7 years tribulation or when ever.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Not by works... So bad works is fine then... Sin all u like

Oh. I misunderstood. So you do have good works after all...

LOL. What a circular argument you guys waste your times with. It's a paradox. We're all baptised and we all believe in Christ yet the evil one stokes the flames for man to argue about nothing and divide us... A man falls for it... Your arguing about nothing. Whether good works comes first or second doesn't matter. The point is u need em

Wake up people... A useless argument that Satan wants you to fall into... Your concern shouldn't even be about others. It should be about yourselves and your family and friends

Jan 12, 2019
Yes in 7 years we need patient, but patient also need every time, because patient is love

I Cor 13

As long we have Jesus we have love, as long as we have love we have patient.

It doesn't matter in 7 years tribulation or when ever.
Of course patience is good to have at any time period.

It does not mean you can therefore place revelation 14 into any time period you desire

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Of course patience is good to have at any time period.

It does not mean you can therefore place revelation 14 into any time period you desire
Remember 1 for 13:4

Love is patient.
I am not put rev 14 to any period time, but love needed in any period of time

Jan 12, 2019
Remember 1 for 13:4

Love is patient.
I am not put rev 14 to any period time, but love needed in any period of time
So you asked me for the scripture where tribulation salvation require faith and work, I gave you rev 14:9-12

May 22, 2020

In john 3:16 Jesus say whosoever believe will saved

3;16 is taken out of context.......often.

We must repent for 3;16 to apply. We do that when we believe.