Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath:
which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
(Colossians 2:16 KJV)
What is your opinion of Galatians 4:10? I will go thru the Greek when I get a chance.

Aug 3, 2019
The 10 commandments didn't exist until Moses. =>Mosaic Law.

God OBVIOUSLY has Commandments, Statutes, and Laws that are completely SEPERATE from the 10 Commandments.
"Sin" is defined as "transgression of the law" - 1 John 3:4 KJV

Now, if the 7th commandment didn't exist until Moses, why did Joseph say "how can I commit this great wickedness and SIN against God" if the 7th commandment didn't exist until hundreds of years later?

If we're honest, we'll admit the Ten Commandments go all the say back to the beginning, which would not be a problem if not for that one commandment - the ONLY one that begins with "remember" - that everyone for some reason wants to forget, right?

Aug 3, 2019
No son of Adam has ever kept the 10 Commandments perfectly, regardless of your opinion of its origin. That's why the second Adam came. For both Jew (Rom 11:32) and Gentile (Gal 3:22) are to be the recipients of God's merciful gift of His completed work.

God is not impressed by anything that you, I or anyone else can "do".

BTY.......you might want to review Galatians chapter 3. Who in the right mind wants to be culpable to Galatians 3:10?
Let's not confuse "Christian Origination" with "Christian Obligation". We all know about "Christian Origination": it's right there in Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV.

However, "Christian Obligation" is right there in verse 10, Luke 17:10 KJV, John 14:15 KJV, 1 John 2:3-4 KJV, too many to list. We are obligated to render "reasonable, unprofitable service" to God, which includes keeping the Ten Commandments...if you disagree, which ones are we at liberty to freely disregard?

Aug 3, 2019
Apparently you have not kept up with current events.
Soros is laughing his butt off after helping elect all those commie DAs. If the left wants renewable energy, they ought to look to the revolving door on our justice system: that thing spins night and day.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Let's not confuse "Christian Origination" with "Christian Obligation". We all know about "Christian Origination": it's right there in Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV.

However, "Christian Obligation" is right there in verse 10, Luke 17:10 KJV, John 14:15 KJV, 1 John 2:3-4 KJV, too many to list. We are obligated to render "reasonable, unprofitable service" to God, which includes keeping the Ten Commandments...if you disagree, which ones are we at liberty to freely disregard?
Keeping the 10 Commandments perfectly? Not as long as we endure this mortal coil I can guarantee you that.

P

Polar

Soros is laughing his butt off after helping elect all those commie DAs. If the left wants renewable energy, they ought to look to the revolving door on our justice system: that thing spins night and day.
He who laughs last

12The wicked scheme against the righteous

and gnash their teeth at them,

13but the Lord laughs,

seeing that their day is coming. Psalm 37

Aug 3, 2019
Keeping the 10 Commandments perfectly? Not as long as we endure this mortal coil I can guarantee you that.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me, except __________ "

Would you mind telling us what is excluded from "all things" because I'm thinking "all things" means just that.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Would you mind telling us what is excluded from "all things" because I'm thinking "all things" means just that.
Sooooo.......you are telling us that YOU in fact keep the 10 Commandments perfectly, unfailingly, flawlessly?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
"Sin" is defined as "transgression of the law" - 1 John 3:4 KJV

"
sin" is defined as "whatsoever is not of faith" KJV

whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
(Romans 14:23)
"the law" is defined as including the 10 commandments, Romans 7:7

the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
(Galatians 3:12)
do the math, oh cellular-person.
you ignore an awful lot of scripture for a person who accuses others of ignoring scripture.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

i can be saved without seeking to be justified by keeping the sign of the Mosaic covenant ((which no Christian is under))
i can believe God and never be lost no matter how poor i am at living up to infinite standards.

these things are included in 'all things'

love is the fulfillment of the law.

Christ's commandment is new - it is love one another as He has loved us.

so why do you hate me - because i tell you the truth?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What is your opinion of Galatians 4:10? I will go thru the Greek when I get a chance.
given the context of Galatians, this verse is uncontestably referring to Jewish law & custom -- not Gentile pagan customs.
i had an initial opinion, but when i read your question, during work today when i had a few free moments i read a lot of commentary - and see how there are various opinions on the specifics, most notably on whether this is to be interpreted as a question or a statement, and whether by 'days' sabbath is referred to or particular days that are wrapped up in the feasts.
i am of the opinion that 'days' includes the sabbath and particular one-day feasts, while 'seasons' refers to such things as the days of unleavened bread & the Paschal days.

no doubt our mutual acquaintance will go to any length to exclude the weekly sabbath from the interpretation, because the physical observance ((truly mock-observance because the requirements of the law cannot be met without a temple)), he has made one of his gods, to the exclusion of Christ.

looking forward to what you can teach me from the Greek :)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Soooo.....keeping the 10 Commandments MORE BETTERER than most anyone else makes you a 1st class Christian? All Christians who do not diligent keep the 7th day Sabbath (unfailingly) are doomed to perdition?

Looks like the dirty rotten sinful thief on the cross goes to the back of the bus huh? Or squeaks into heaven by the skin of his teeth. The guy probably forsook the Sabbath for decades. Undoubtedly unsynagogued to boot.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
BTY.......you might want to review Galatians chapter 3. Who in the right mind wants to be culpable to Galatians 3:10?
pretty sure @Phoneman-777 has torn Galatians out of his copy of the Bible altogether.
i've been talking to him several years on more than one forum and he has never once quoted Galatians much less responded to any citation of it.
his private interpretations do not allow him to admit Galatians exists.

that tells me that probably Galatians is pretty important to deciphering the falsehood of his doctrines.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Soooo.....keeping the 10 Commandments MORE BETTERER than most anyone else makes you a 1st class Christian? All Christians who do not diligent keep the 7th day Sabbath (unfailingly) are doomed to perdition?

Looks like the dirty rotten sinful thief on the cross goes to the back of the bus huh? Or squeaks into heaven by the skin of his teeth. The guy probably forsook the Sabbath for decades. Undoubtedly unsynagogued to boot.
"lord lord, did we not refuse to lift our hands to be a servant to anyone on saturday?? did we not faithfully despise everyone who remembered the day you rose from the grave?? didn't we accuse everyone who trusts You??"

lol . . . ?

:ROFL::cry::confused:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
pretty sure @Phoneman-777 has torn Galatians out of his copy of the Bible altogether.
i've been talking to him several years on more than one forum and he has never once quoted Galatians much less responded to any citation of it.
his private interpretations do not allow him to admit Galatians exists.

that tells me that probably Galatians is pretty important to deciphering the falsehood of his doctrines.

this being said, the Sword finds it's target with skill in Galatians:

That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
(Galatians 3:14 KJV)
we are not of Moses but of Abraham:
the sign of the Abrahamic covenant is circumcision of the flesh
the sign of the Mosaic covenant is ceremonial sabbath inactivity of the flesh

brothers and sisters, i ask you, if accepting circumcision as prerequisite to salvation puts us in jeopardy of denying Christ and making Him of no effect -
yet we are inheritors of Abraham
what does accepting ceremonial sabbath inactivity in the flesh as a prerequisite to salvation do?

we are not idiots.
this man cell-person preaches false doctrine.

what does scripture say?

Aug 3, 2019
Sooooo.......you are telling us that YOU in fact keep the 10 Commandments perfectly, unfailingly, flawlessly?
Let's be fair. I've tried to answer all your questions and if I've missed on, let me know. Now, I've already got a question on the table for you: Are Christians obligated to keep the Ten Commandments, at liberty to disregard them (if so, which ones?), or are we simultaneously obligated to obey them and at liberty to disregard them?

BTW, I already have an answer to your new question, and it has to do with the book of Exodus.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
i can be saved without seeking to be justified by keeping the sign of the Mosaic covenant ((which no Christian is under))
i can believe God and never be lost no matter how poor i am at living up to infinite standards.

To be honest, I think you are assuming too much by asking why he hates you. Discussions can get really heated and discord can arise. This doesn't mean it's hatred that is going on.

Aug 3, 2019
"sin" is defined as "whatsoever is not of faith" KJV

whatsoever is not of faith is sin. (Romans 14:23)
Yep, which is why people want a License to Sin aka "transgress the law": they don't have faith.
"the law" is defined as including the 10 commandments, Romans 7:7

the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
(Galatians 3:12)
do the math, oh cellular-person.
you ignore an awful lot of scripture for a person who accuses others of ignoring scripture.
Yes, using the law to obtain salvation is "not of faith".

Obeying the law as "reasonable service" by the indwelling power of the Savior is simply the will of God, according to Psalms 40:8 KJV -- unlike that filthy OSAS License to Sin which is leading multitudes to a Christless grave every day.

Aug 3, 2019

No no no, don't deflect - answer the question:

Why does the OSAS crowd say, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me EXCEPT keep the Ten Commandments" , but Paul says "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me", period?

The answer is obvious: they're either guilty of unbelief or cowardice, both of which will land such a one in the Lake of Fire, according to Revelation 21:8 KJV.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
If there is no law there is no sin.
If there is no sin today we don't need a saviour today.
Because we need a Saviour proves that a law is condemning us of sin.
The Saviour frees us from the law so we can stand guiltless before God (covered by Christs righteousness)

Do we continue to sin (transgress the law) because we are freed by Christs death.
No. The law was given to show us what is righteousness and what is loving and what a sinless world would be like.

Love for God = obediance and faithfulness.
Psa_1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psa_40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Psa_119:70 Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.
Psa_119:77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
Psa_119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.

Because salvation is by grace does not mean we can't delight in the moral law.