Not By Works

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I miss dc, and wish he was back. I think his only fault was overly Zealous about what we call GENUINE SALVATION, compared to just thinking you are, because of your works.
Totally agree.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
If I had cancer, I would try Ivermectin, or some other horse-dewormer. Word on the street is that governments don't like anti-parasitic medicine because they target the parasites responsible for cancer.

Obviously, do your own research. Too much of anything can be bad, even pet dewormers.
1672610332199.png

The type of Cancer, I had was Vocal Cord Cancer, and can be cured with Treatments 92.5% of the time. That is an amazing success rate. But the adverse effects of the radiation treatments is the PITS. It burns the inside of your throat, like a DEEP SUNBURN inside it. And you cough up lots of dead cancer cells, and lots of peelings from the sort of Sunburn effects, from inside your throat.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I got my voice back about 65%, about 4 days ago, may the rest is soon to come. The swelling in my throat is back to almost normal, and the coughing up flem is about 80 gone. So it is healing. Thanks for the Prayers.

Jan 17, 2023
I don't want to take credit for something my pastor told us. Paul is speaking to non believer/new maybe. So he is telling them their good works is not enough, It's their Faith that gets them to heaven No matter how good the deeds are. However, In James he is speaking to believers. There should be evidence of your faith. Would you agree?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I don't want to take credit for something my pastor told us. Paul is speaking to non believer/new maybe. So he is telling them their good works is not enough, It's their Faith that gets them to heaven No matter how good the deeds are. However, In James he is speaking to believers. There should be evidence of your faith. Would you agree?
It may be that Paul is concerned with the means of salvation and James is concerned with the evidence of salvation. If you continue reading the Ephesians passage, Paul ends where James begins...created in Christ Jesus unto good works.
James picks up on this idea that if we are saved unto good works, then if there are none present, why would one think that their faith is real.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I have something, most of you will appreciate. It comes from my study: Third Temple News, which is about what the Sanhedrin and Israel, is saying about building the Third Temple, Not about Prophecy in the Bible. Israel does not like Josephus, first Century Historian, because somewhere in middle of his life, he became a genuine Christian. Here is something that Josephus said in one of his history books, written after his conversion to Christianity:

QUOTE:
DID YOU NOTICE THAT ON THIS FACT SHEET FROM JOSEPHUS:

But if we go the other way westward, it began at the same place; and extended through a place called Bethso, to the gate of the Essenes: and after that it went southward: having its bending above the fountain Siloam; where it also bends again towards the east at Solomon’s pool, and reaches as far as a certain place which they called Ophlas [what they called the OPHEL at that point in time], where it was joined to the eastern cloister of the temple. The second wall took its beginning from that gate which they called Gennath, which belonged to the first wall. It only encompassed the northern quarter of the city, and reached as far as the tower Antonia. - Josephus The Jewish War Book V chapter 4

Josephus placed the TEMPLE on the OPHEL, not on top of the so-called Temple Mount.
END QUOTE:

There Jews must have thought he had a mid-life crisis, and turned to become a Christian. They discount almost everything he said in his history Books.

The Gate of the Essenes was near to the Northeast corner along the EAST side of the TEMPLE complex.

1674007655331.png
This is a stitched together from several artist, and my comments, striving to keep it accurate to the way it was in Christ's Day. After learning as much as I could from the BIBLE, Columnists on Websites, Historians, etc. I always strive to use the Biblical Rule, of "With two or three Witnesses, affirm everything." As much as I could, I also strived to check out articles by evangelicals to hopefully eliminate bad sources of information from contaminating any of the info here. Where I only found ONE SOURCE of info, I followed it by marked it with ?, like the 5th Tower could be TOWER OF ANTONIA above. Most info was in a article about what all Sir Charles Warren, about 1880, found a fallen down Tower destroyed by an earthquake, that he labeled "A Very Tall Tower". I added, it could be what they called the Tower of Antonia, because I learned in another site, that tower, the TOWER OF ANTONIA was the one that was the tallest. I am totally convinced that the location of the TEMPLE was on the Southwest Corner of the OPHEL, and I am equally convinced in that Mt. ZION is the OPHEL. The Sanhedrin, the first year of their return from exile, they Chose by a VOTE that was 4 different locations, in the year 1212, after returning to Jerusalem from over a 1000 years of exile, where they think the TEMPLE belonged, and where they think Mt. ZION was located. Both VOTES were in error.

I thank you for your interest, and the those who influenced me to come this conclusion, I thank you too.

I found a map, that needs some editing, to be accurate, showing the Palace of King David, and where I think is logical, due to inheritance, that King Solomon is too. I will make it my next Project to complete, and will post it here too.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I got it done, and I am confident it is the most accurate map you have ever seen. I want to thank the original artist, there were very few errors that I had to correct. I struggled all day to make a Synagogue picture look right, but had give up and used two circles to represent the Two external building for KING and Queen. Back to the Future.

1674094329786.png
Yes there have verified that the bottom floor is the MILLO. I am sure that David, must have said something like, "If the bad guys show up, I want you guards, in the first floor below me."

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Not By Works

Correct. The just shall live by faith... and continuance in it.

Abide in the Vine.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
As long as HE get full credit for the good HE ENABLED you to do. Genuine Faith is a GIFT from GOD, not something we thought up by ourselves.

1 Corinthians 15:10 (HCSB)
10 But by God’s grace I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not ineffective. However, I worked more than any of them, yet not I, but God’s grace that was with me.

2 Corinthians 3:5 (HCSB)
5 It is not that we are competent in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our competence is from God.

Philippians 2:13 (HCSB)
13 For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to desire and to work out His good purpose.

Prov 27:2 [HCSB]
Let another praise you, and not your own mouth
a stranger, and not your own lips.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NJB)
8 Because it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith; not by anything of your own, but by a gift from God;
9 not by anything that you have done, so that nobody can claim the credit.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

AMEN!

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
My doggie, don't like this freezing rain and snowy weather, she doesn't get her swing time.

1674114126383.png

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
My post radiation treatment for Larynx Cancer, my voice came back about a month after the last treatment session.
I want to thank those who we praying for me. GOD ANSWERED THOSE PRAYERS. The told me the voice usually takes 5 - 6 months to return. It took one month for me.

Oct 31, 2015
It does not get any plainer..........Our righteous works have ZERO to do with Salvation!

English Standard Version
he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Berean Study Bible
He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
He saved us, not by works in righteousness that we did, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

New American Standard Bible
He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,

King James Bible
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Jesus plainly warns for us to remain in Him.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Plainly those who are “in Christ” are saved, being joined to Him, as one spirit with Him. However to those “in Him”, He warns that they must continue to remain “in Him”.

Here is how we are instructed to remain “in Christ”.

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

JPT

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
I the BIBLE, they do not mention the "TOWER of ANTONIA", yet Josephus, the first century Historian, mentions it several time, as if it was a famous Landmark in Jerusalem. I had to spend most of the day yesterday, to find out what it was, and how High it was. Was it ever mentioned to you, or was it too Trivial to mention it in the BIBLE, and what ever happened to it?

I think it was a Critical understanding that most people do not understand that portion of the BIBLE. I will wait a few days, before before to get an answer, before I tell you all what I have learned.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Something I updated yesterday is another old Photograph:

1680733032857.png
That is a lot of Dirt that fell into Kidron River. I has someone who wanted to argue there was not 600 feet, but 500 at the most before it rose up the hill, so the Ornan's Threshing Floor could not have been on the OPHEL? I was sure I had a photo somewhere in black and white, so I begame searching and I came up with it, and WOW. I did not know it would show it ALL in this much detail. It showed the OPHEL used to be clear over to the east Wall of the so-called Temple Mount, MORE that enough make it over 600 feet, before the Kidron Valley cliff.

Every step of the way, Jews and die hard Christians wanted to believe it is on the Highest Hill.
Then I discovered the Coupe de Grace. Something that nobody has been able to argue against. Just SILENCE.

I found a site where a daughter of a WWII Veteran, a British Commando, was given permission to see what was below in 1944, in the southeast corner of the Temple Mount. AND HE TOOK PICTURES. In 1942 the German SS attacked Palestine, now Israel. So British Commandos in “rat patrols" pushed the Nazis out of Palestine. They had to occupy Palestine until 1948. Now I am a HISTORY BUFF, and I have NEVER heard of that Campaign. Any How these were Pictures of taken by a British Commando. Not going to show all them, just a few.

1680737333320.png
. 1680739616037.png

1680740499276.png
1680740667336.png

Now for the Coupe de Grace picture. This is ground Floor, two floors down in the Southeast Temple Mount.

1680741180715.png . 1680742145006.png

That is a European Equestrian Code, NOT A JEWISH CODE. The K was Put there by the company that Build this Complex. It means this horse Stall is reserved for the Emperor. The X was put there by Commanders Orders, probably after they ARRIVED. This was Build for the Roman X Legion, who had 300 Horses. Jews did remove the Tether Rings, because they were ordered Out of the Country or ELSE, NOW! So the Commander of the Legion Ordered them to remove the Rings, when they Thought the war against the Arabs was lost, in 637 AD. I had lots of members want to argue with me that the Temple should go on the highest hill. Now with this Photo as evidence the Highest Hill belongs to the ROMAN X LEGION, with 10,000 personnel, (6000 Soldiers and 4000 Support Staff).

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
& how long are the catholics going to believe you are saved by good works? u.b.! (UnBelievable). Ephesians 2:8,9,10 "for you are saved by GRACE thru faith & that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, & NOT OF WORKS lest any man boast. for we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them"! obvious questions to ask someone who believes he or she is saved by works: "how many works do you have to do"? "who or what is going to tell you when you're done doing works"? "what if you are on your death bed & the priest comes by & says, "you have to do 457 more works"! 'when will you know you're done"? it also says that you never know if you're saved!!!

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
& how long are the catholics going to believe you are saved by good works? u.b.! (UnBelievable). Ephesians 2:8,9,10 "for you are saved by GRACE thru faith & that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, & NOT OF WORKS lest any man boast. for we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them"! obvious questions to ask someone who believes he or she is saved by works: "how many works do you have to do"? "who or what is going to tell you when you're done doing works"? "what if you are on your death bed & the priest comes by & says, "you have to do 457 more works"! 'when will you know you're done"? it also says that you never know if you're saved!!!
The thing is though, the actual creed for the Catholics has many of the same shared beliefs of protestant and other churches. They have the Trinity... They have salvation through Jesus.. they have Him as He is in the Bible.

It's just that's they have added so much over time and taken so many liberties.

Compromised on the bishops role to oversee multiple congregations .. rather than one bishop for each congregation.

Focussed on rituals that became part of steps to salvation.

Elevated the saints above their status . Elevated Mary above her status .

Baptised babies.. rather than having it only for believers and only by immersion.

But yeah... If you look at the creed for Catholics.. it's very similar to protestants. The Episcopalians (Anglicans) even have the Holy Catholic church in their creed.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
The thing is though, the actual creed for the Catholics has many of the same shared beliefs of protestant and other churches. They have the Trinity... They have salvation through Jesus.. they have Him as He is in the Bible.

It's just that's they have added so much over time and taken so many liberties.

Compromised on the bishops role to oversee multiple congregations .. rather than one bishop for each congregation.

Focussed on rituals that became part of steps to salvation.

Elevated the saints above their status . Elevated Mary above her status .

Baptised babies.. rather than having it only for believers and only by immersion.

But yeah... If you look at the creed for Catholics.. it's very similar to protestants. The Episcopalians (Anglicans) even have the Holy Catholic church in their creed.
yes, i know all that cuz' i was raised catholic. salvation thru Jesus? hhhhhmmmmmm!!! let's hope so. Proverbs 30:6 says, "ADD THOU NOT unto His words lest He reprove thee & thou be found a liar"! even Hebrews 11:6 could be applied, "but without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that He is & that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him"!! so if you compare a real Christian saying & doing all the things Jesus taught & only that, to a catholic who may be doing those things too but prays to Mary, goes to a priest to have sins forgiven, prays to saints, etc., you'll see a big difference. praying the hail mary prayer is a sin!!!: it's called NECROMANCY which is contact with the dead! God forbids that. & by course, no one or nothing ever heard the hail mary prayer because it is man made & God never gave Mary the ability, authority or power to hear a prayer & grant an answer! neither did God give "saints" any ability to hear a prayer & grant an answer. Ephesians 1:22,23 Colossians 1:19 & 3;17, 1st Timothy 2;5, 1st Corinthians 10:31, Hebrews 1:1,2, 12:24, 8:10, 9:15, 7:25 all prove that all things have been given to Jesus who is the fulfillment of all!

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
yes, i know all that cuz' i was raised catholic. salvation thru Jesus? hhhhhmmmmmm!!! let's hope so. Proverbs 30:6 says, "ADD THOU NOT unto His words lest He reprove thee & thou be found a liar"! even Hebrews 11:6 could be applied, "but without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that He is & that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him"!! so if you compare a real Christian saying & doing all the things Jesus taught & only that, to a catholic who may be doing those things too but prays to Mary, goes to a priest to have sins forgiven, prays to saints, etc., you'll see a big difference. praying the hail mary prayer is a sin!!!: it's called NECROMANCY which is contact with the dead! God forbids that. & by course, no one or nothing ever heard the hail mary prayer because it is man made & God never gave Mary the ability, authority or power to hear a prayer & grant an answer! neither did God give "saints" any ability to hear a prayer & grant an answer. Ephesians 1:22,23 Colossians 1:19 & 3;17, 1st Timothy 2;5, 1st Corinthians 10:31, Hebrews 1:1,2, 12:24, 8:10, 9:15, 7:25 all prove that all things have been given to Jesus who is the fulfillment of all!
Yes, I think having one bishop over multiple congregations was the first error. Too much power given to men in charge.

Then I think the pedo baptism came.. with sprinkling instead of immersion.

Not sure when they came up with the 'universal, visible' church.

I think the rituals and steps to salvation were bought over from pagan religion that deified objects and traditions.

But salvation is simple.. by grace thru faith in Jesus. Plus nothing.