Not So New...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 5, 2024
Arizona
Hello All.

I was raised in a non-denominational church and attended private school well into my formative years. In my early adulthood I chose to step away from the church for many reasons. This prompted many years of difficulty with my mother because she accused me of being "a witch" and being convinced that I was "going to go to hell" for my decision to "doubt the Lord"...

Truthfully, I don't believe that I ever doubted the Lord; perhaps just the purpose of faith, the construction of centralized church, and the history that has been told to us.

I'm an avid reader and I love theological, psychological, and philosophical discussion and exploration. I have recently been delving into a reignited personal relationship with Christ and I found this site. I think I am looking to explore some ideas on here and read others and find if there are people who share my thoughts, concerns, and interpretations.
I look forward to any discussions I end up in!

Nice to "meet" you all.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Hi Ruth, good to have you here!

I don't think it's wrong to question what you've been told, it sets you up for a firmer faith built on actual experiences with God. And sometimes we find that what we've been told isn't 100% correct, or is just traditional Christian culture and not actually in the Bible. That's why we are told to sharpen each other's "iron" with friendly debates and discussions. The "Singles" forum here is a pretty good place to do that, but of course it's up to you! :cool:

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and concerns, and I leave you with this verse, 1 Corinthians 2: 10-12:

10But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi JustAnotherRuth, lovely to have you joining the Forums and fun at CC! I was just in AZ, Ft Mohave, for a wedding, it's hot, in a good way😂 and very serene. God bless & keep you🙏🌹

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hello All.

In my early adulthood I chose to step away from the church for many reasons. This prompted many years of difficulty with my mother because she accused me of being "a witch."
😉

Hi JustAnotherRuth,
That still has to sting.
Hopefully some humor will ease the pain.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Have you heard of the Alpha Course?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)