Numbness and former addictions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ascent
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ascent

Guest
Honestly ive never blamed anyone or anything for the choices ive made and as a result have isolated myself in a lot of ways. The fear of hurting someone through not meeting my own expectations keep me hard on myself and satan knows this. But God is faithful and his work in me will be complete. I just need to learn to allow myself to feel love I know others have for me. Ive numbed myself so much I cant feel much of anything which makes me feel selfish! I want to be able to cry with someone when theyre truly hurt, empathize with others in a real way other than just saying im sorry etc. I know only a few will get where im coming from! I was addicted to opiates in order to feel a fake joy for a long time as the escape became the habit itself.


I would love for us believers to let all fear of their battles be brought into light within this thread without fear of being judged or looked down upon! Let our weakness be our strength because I know to many of us hold to much in for the wrong reasons. Lets unite in strength together now!


I will be the first to boast of all of my weaknesses and failures.

Together we are a family and no longer does Satan have a grasp on us in this thread.

Lets do this together!!! Ask me anything and I mean anything and I'll tell you if it'll help you and help me.
​
 
wow Ascent, I can read Jesus all through your blog brother. I'm sure you have a lot to say and have a powerful testimony. I would find the people that the Lord used in your life just as interesting. I pray God uses your testimony to set others free and opens doors for you to minister. May God's best be yours!
 
It sounds like you've blamed yourself and you are someone.
The truest miracle is when our hearts are changed.
His work in us will be complete when we leave this earth.
Your honesty is applaudable. Thank you.