Obama to tell Supreme Court to allow homosexual marriage today.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 12, 2013
With respect...

...to the OP and others viewing this thread.

[video=youtube;aQJcJAJSMxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQJcJAJSMxg[/video]

It seems to me in my limited understanding and use of very basic logic, the real root of the problem lies not with the government or Obama, but in people's validation (and empowerment) of a lie by actually believing (and abiding by the practice) that they need a certified, notarized, government approved, legalistic piece of paper. Since when did Christ ever tell anyone to sign a piece of paper so that they can make that choice to stand by a person's side through thick and thin to the bitter end?

When are people going to realize that you don't need anyone's permission to love another person?

It's time to say NO to stupidity!

If you don't believe me, consider the various monogamous species on the planet that do just fine without the 'relationship tax'.

Last edited:
A

AgeofKnowledge

Sir John Glubb, a British author and lecturer, argued that most empires generally don’t last longer than 250 years.

The United States of America? We're at 238 years and deep into what Glubb called the 'Age of Decadance' which is the final stage of an empire marked by sweeping immorality, defensiveness, pessimism, materialism, frivolity, debt, and a sprawling Welfare State.

But we're going to be the exception, of course. The Greeks and the Romans felt the same way.

The United States is 238 years old, but her decline is clearly underway. U.S. debts are so large that unless the right reform is undertaken in a sweeping manner, they will never be fully repaid but will continue to grow until default or serious currency devaluation occurs.

Meanwhile, U.S. interest rates are so low and government is so reliant on short-term debt to fund daily operations that when interest rates begin to rise and revenue expectations are not met, the cost of running American government could spiral out of control, destroying the integrity of the dollar.

We’ve seen the fall before. We’re not able to personally recall the demise of the Greeks and Romans, but we watched as Argentina, Zimbabwe and the Balkans suffered political and economic collapse during the past couple decades. During each of the instances, lives were lost, savings were wiped out and families were destroyed.

Go to this link, type in any email address and watch the documentary 'Meltdown America': Meltdown America - Exclusive World Premiere Documentary | Casey Research

A

AgeofKnowledge

Obama ignores International Family Day but flies the homosexual rainbow flag instead. Anyone think this president gives two cents about nuclear families in the U.S., needs to wake up and smell the coffee. 40% of children are born into fatherless homes in the U.S. and marriage between a man and a woman is at an all time low. Not a peep from this man toward fixing that. Yet, all of his might is pressed toward increasing homosexuality around the world... nuclear families don't even rate a beep on the radar of this man in comparison.

Rainbow Flag Flies over U.S. Embassy in Madrid

May 9, 2012
Well, to be fair. The family model is always changing. In the OT, the standard was to have to more than one wife. The men worked in the fields with their sons while the women worked around the home with the daughters and other young children. The breadwinner model only appeared and was popularized in the 1950s. Stepfamilies appeared way before that because of spouses dying earlier due to disease. Now, their is a combination of scenarios: single parents (not always due to pre-marital relations...but sometimes death and divorce when a spouse leaves), step families, the mother working and father staying with the kids, and sometimes parents with no kids at all or just choosing not to get married period. The concept of "family" has always been changing to adapt to society's standards. In the beginning, people got married out of duty to custom or to survive in general. Now, people marry out of love and infatuation. The definition of "family" has changed to not only include blood relatives but also people who you grew up with that are not necessarily related to you by law or genes..etc....This is only a part of it. Although I do not necessarily support the idea of homosexuals raising children, by no means do I think we should judge the "breakdown" of family based on a model that was only popularized in the 1950s.

A

AgeofKnowledge

God and His institution of the family prototype are unchanging. The first family, Adam and Eve, are the prototypical husband and wife, joined in marriage into “one flesh” (Gen 2:24). The physical family first appears in Scripture as God’s provision for humanity and understand that more than any other book of the Bible, Genesis is the book of families. God's grace toward humanity's falling short of what He instituted cannot be construed that God's ordinances are "always changing."

Neglect of the nuclear family (which was designed for the benefit of people) in a rapidly deteriorating society such as the U.S. is presently experiencing may not bother Obama whatsoever who is quite intent and busy promoting homosexuality instead, nor yourself, but God cares a great deal about this topic because of his extraordinary love for human beings and knowledge that what He designed is best for them.

It's sad to see Christians display the ignorance you are here with respect to the importance of the functional nuclear family designed by God Himself for the benefit of humanity which all other models pale (or fail) in comparison.

Well, to be fair. The family model is always changing. In the OT, the standard was to have to more than one wife. The men worked in the fields with their sons while the women worked around the home with the daughters and other young children. The breadwinner model only appeared and was popularized in the 1950s. Stepfamilies appeared way before that because of spouses dying earlier due to disease. Now, their is a combination of scenarios: single parents (not always due to pre-marital relations...but sometimes death and divorce when a spouse leaves), step families, the mother working and father staying with the kids, and sometimes parents with no kids at all or just choosing not to get married period. The concept of "family" has always been changing to adapt to society's standards. In the beginning, people got married out of duty to custom or to survive in general. Now, people marry out of love and infatuation. The definition of "family" has changed to not only include blood relatives but also people who you grew up with that are not necessarily related to you by law or genes..etc....This is only a part of it. Although I do not necessarily support the idea of homosexuals raising children, by no means do I think we should judge the "breakdown" of family based on a model that was only popularized in the 1950s.

Mar 1, 2012
The ideal of liberalism is to destroy the society enough where the people become dependant upon the government for everything. That gives them ultimate power.

Can't think of a better way to do that than to create...

victims...

single parent homes....

homosexual unions...

unions.....

universal health care....

small ineffective military.....

weak foreign policies....

and an increasingly liberal education system.

It is really not that hard to figure out.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
And what do you suggest Obama does to encourage heterosexual marriages?

Mar 21, 2011
The ideal of liberalism is to destroy the society enough where the people become dependant upon the government for everything. That gives them ultimate power.
Speaking your nonsense and hatred against your fellow man again?

Liberty and freedom is not 'the enemy'.

A

AgeofKnowledge

As usual, I find your colossal ignorance and apathy disturbing. No Christian, not suffering from mental impairment, your age should even have to ask such a question since their Bible provides the corrective principles within its covers.

I find it unbelievable Nautilus that you cannot find even a single remedy in the entire Bible when it is a remedy.

Let me get you started with a little hint: gross negligence, great apathy, deep deception, and doing the opposite of what needs to be done while simultaneously greatly exacerbating the problem all of which Obama is guilty of simply does not qualify. Just so you know Nautilus.... just so you know.

And what do you suggest Obama does to encourage heterosexual marriages?

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
so instead of coming up with even a single solitary suggestion of what Obama could do to promote heterosexual marriage you stay your snarky condescending self? Good to see old age isnt mellowing you out or making you a more conversational person.

A

AgeofKnowledge

I read my Bible so I have a whole list of things that he could cease and desist doing and another list that he could start doing, based on the principles in my Bible, that would begin to turn things around many of which I've already shared on this forum and if I thought you really cared: I would have repeated them for you like I normally do.

But you've behaved so poorly so often Nautilus that I'm just not inclined to work for you when you ask me to.

And why would I work for you after you hypocritically berated me for not doing what you yourself failed to do. It makes no sense. You can't even see your own hypocrisy. Where is Nautilus's list? Where is Nautilus's "single solitary suggestion?"

Furthermore, you neglected to even use the search feature to find the many that I've already posted up. Anyone with an ounce of initiative would have responded with one or more of them.

The forum is full of qualified competent information, solutions, and answers I provide on an almost daily basis and everyone here knows it.

So put down the hookah and pull the log out of your own eye Nautilus. Show me some hard work instead of little snipes all the time. When I see that, you can best believe I'll respond to it. Otherwise... I've got people to see and better things to do.

If anyone else wants to have the discussion, of course I'm available.

so instead of coming up with even a single solitary suggestion of what Obama could do to promote heterosexual marriage you stay your snarky condescending self? Good to see old age isnt mellowing you out or making you a more conversational person.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Well seeing how i see successful hetero marriages all around me, and Im also not terrified of the gays, I dont think anything needs to be done. I was just curious as to what wide-eyed fear based nonsense you might come up with.

A

AgeofKnowledge

Obliviousness. I expected nothing more from you but hoped you'd surprise me. No luck. Back on ignore for you. Moving along.

Well seeing how i see successful hetero marriages all around me, and Im also not terrified of the gays, I dont think anything needs to be done. I was just curious as to what wide-eyed fear based nonsense you might come up with.

Mar 1, 2012
Freedom is the acceptance of more personal responsibility. Life in a free society is on you. Its what freedom means and is.

Liberalism and its social programs designed to create and sustain poverty so more and more people can be controlled under welfare checks....is evil.

To convince people they should take welfare, because a true adult would never accept charity unless its the last straw, the liberal idealists convince them they are victims. They deserve these monies, they have been taken advantage of by evil rich white men. They cannot do life on their own.

Gloom and doom....so more and more people can be controlled.

Yeah lets legalize abortion. Kill, I mean murder babies for convenience sake. That will ''insure'' the ideal of family values.

Promote promiscuity and single parenthood. Hand out condoms to children. Yep, that builds family values.

Create racial tensions. Promote homosexuality

The goal of liberalism is to destroy the family and get more and more people under the government's thumb. Create a lasting voting block.

All you have to do is look at europe. I doubt there is a conservative thought left there and a whole lot of apostacy.

A

AgeofKnowledge

No kidding. This "witch burning" mentality progressives have toward genuine Christians seeking correspondence with God's holiness is a violation of their human right to a free moral conscience and their religious liberty toward God's normative morality. They certainly should have this freedom unhindered with respect to their lives and associations.

But this topic transcends that as homosexual marriage is an abomination of God's design for humanity mixing that which should be kept separate together. Can Christians live as a minority in a society departing from God's design for humanity? Yes. Is it desirable for a society to depart from God's design for humanity? No. Does departing from God's holiness have negative consequences for societies which do so? Absolutely. Do those negative consequences affect genuine Christians? Absolutely.

Why can't we just revert to a witch burning theocracy like the good ol' days. Freedom is such a draw back right?

Mar 1, 2012
If there were just 50 righteous people would you spare the cities?

Yes.

45?

Yes

Even as low as ten?

Yes.

Think we better be taking a census.