Obedience. When considering one’s life as a Christian what does it mean for you?
Maybe it may mean loving your husband or wife…entering into ministry…putting your kids through school…going to church…or just loving people.
If you say yes to some or all of them then you’re not wrong. Maybe you feel you need to put more money in the hat and take more time considering how your life can glorify God.
There are so many different avenues we can take as a Christian so how do we be obedient to Gods will for our lives?
Well if we read the Bible and do what it says then we are being obedient to his word but what about direction in life? Are we making the right choices and are we managing our lives well?
Having a relationship with God is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. Because the more I read the Bible and allow it to speak to me then the more I know I must change. Not just in what I do but how I listen.
I’ve come to the realisation that it is really hard to be Christlike. When ever I think I’m getting somewhere I’m shown how far away I really am to my goals. As my body starts to wear down and life and its struggles kick in I’m more aware than ever even at my ripe age of 44 that I’m done and dusted in this life. Life goes so quickly I’m surprised about how quickly I will face God. I started off badly in life and tweaked a few things towards middle age. I feel better about my spiritual condition and I’ve come along ways since young adulthood. I could write books and books on coming out of sin…walking away from evil and doing good. But I’m still found wanting. Today I was speaking to a friend that has just started coming to the chess park recently where I play Chess. He says he gets government social security and has to look for 20 jobs per month. The only thing is he lies because the government and organisations don’t check whether they are real job appointments.
Morally its not right to take the money if you’re not doing what the government asks you to do when it gives it to you. However, I read an article the other day stating that there are 11 million people over the age of 15 in Australia that don’t have full time jobs
There are certainly not enough jobs to go around and the ones that people manage to get are battled for by many others unlucky enough to not get the jobs. Then you have all the people who are made to look for work who are certainly not job ready and people wouldn’t give them a job if even if they were job ready.
So, people live in a system where there are not enough jobs and have to constantly apply for jobs they know they wouldn’t get to survive and get social welfare. Not only that but 80 % of people who have jobs have stayed in them in 2018-2019 a news report recently said. Today as I got back on social welfare after living off the grid for nearly 2 years with no income at all and no jobs I was tempted by my friend to just fake the job requirements so I could get the money. How was I going to look for 20 jobs when I don’t even have job interview clothes and a snazzy resume with references.
Its times like these God asks us to be obedient……he doesn’t tell us which direction to go in life that I know of but we are to resist the world and live Holy lives that resemble integrity and honesty whatever we are dealt and deal to others.
Obviously, I’m not going to fake the job reporting. I hope and pray the whatever decisions we all make we can please God when faced with temptations that may cloud our main purpose in life preparing for eternity and not the security this life offers.
What is God asking you to do that will help you become more like him? God bless you all.

"Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you." Jeremiah 7:21-24
Maybe it may mean loving your husband or wife…entering into ministry…putting your kids through school…going to church…or just loving people.
If you say yes to some or all of them then you’re not wrong. Maybe you feel you need to put more money in the hat and take more time considering how your life can glorify God.
There are so many different avenues we can take as a Christian so how do we be obedient to Gods will for our lives?
Well if we read the Bible and do what it says then we are being obedient to his word but what about direction in life? Are we making the right choices and are we managing our lives well?
Having a relationship with God is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. Because the more I read the Bible and allow it to speak to me then the more I know I must change. Not just in what I do but how I listen.
I’ve come to the realisation that it is really hard to be Christlike. When ever I think I’m getting somewhere I’m shown how far away I really am to my goals. As my body starts to wear down and life and its struggles kick in I’m more aware than ever even at my ripe age of 44 that I’m done and dusted in this life. Life goes so quickly I’m surprised about how quickly I will face God. I started off badly in life and tweaked a few things towards middle age. I feel better about my spiritual condition and I’ve come along ways since young adulthood. I could write books and books on coming out of sin…walking away from evil and doing good. But I’m still found wanting. Today I was speaking to a friend that has just started coming to the chess park recently where I play Chess. He says he gets government social security and has to look for 20 jobs per month. The only thing is he lies because the government and organisations don’t check whether they are real job appointments.
Morally its not right to take the money if you’re not doing what the government asks you to do when it gives it to you. However, I read an article the other day stating that there are 11 million people over the age of 15 in Australia that don’t have full time jobs
There are certainly not enough jobs to go around and the ones that people manage to get are battled for by many others unlucky enough to not get the jobs. Then you have all the people who are made to look for work who are certainly not job ready and people wouldn’t give them a job if even if they were job ready.
So, people live in a system where there are not enough jobs and have to constantly apply for jobs they know they wouldn’t get to survive and get social welfare. Not only that but 80 % of people who have jobs have stayed in them in 2018-2019 a news report recently said. Today as I got back on social welfare after living off the grid for nearly 2 years with no income at all and no jobs I was tempted by my friend to just fake the job requirements so I could get the money. How was I going to look for 20 jobs when I don’t even have job interview clothes and a snazzy resume with references.
Its times like these God asks us to be obedient……he doesn’t tell us which direction to go in life that I know of but we are to resist the world and live Holy lives that resemble integrity and honesty whatever we are dealt and deal to others.
Obviously, I’m not going to fake the job reporting. I hope and pray the whatever decisions we all make we can please God when faced with temptations that may cloud our main purpose in life preparing for eternity and not the security this life offers.
What is God asking you to do that will help you become more like him? God bless you all.

"Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you." Jeremiah 7:21-24