Do they say that in the east? I thought it was an American thing
Do they say that in the east? I thought it was an American thing
Amen! Thank You Lord.Psalm 40:
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
Amen! Thank You Lord.Amen. Obedience is indeed a sacrifice. We are natural born sinners, rebellious by nature, wanting and desiring fleeting pleasures over eternal rewards from our one true God from whom we were given life. But for the flesh, the world, the devil, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, we would be born into eternal bliss with our creator God. But, because of sin, we sacrifice ourselves, forsaking worldly sin, fighting daily against temptation, against powers and principalities, against rulers of darkness, against spiritual wickedness, and run always toward our treasured redemption of eternal life with our Savior and Lord Jesus. Amen ā¤
Amen!In the old covenant they sacrificed animals but their hearts were were far from truth.
Paul told them that they did the same things the gentiles did.
Outwardly,they were doing things that APPEARED right but In their hearts they were doing the same things the gentiles were doing.
GOD IS a SPIRIT and those who worship HIM MUST worship HIM In Spirit and In TRUTH.
In the old days, Isaiah scolded those who sacrificed animals without understanding it was symbolic of blood given on the altar for their sins. Today we are to understand that and repent of our sins as we ask forgiveness, and live in the fulness of the Lord.In the old covenant they sacrificed animals but their hearts were were far from truth.
Paul told them that they did the same things the gentiles did.
Outwardly,they were doing things that APPEARED right but In their hearts they were doing the same things the gentiles were doing.
GOD IS a SPIRIT and those who worship HIM MUST worship HIM In Spirit and In TRUTH.
Amen!Sorry but am I missing the point of this thread?
Psalms 51:16-18
16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heartā
These, O God, You will not despise.
18 Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion;
Build the walls of Jerusalem.
Actions speak louder than voice!
Matthew 15: 7- 10
7You hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you:
8āThese people honor Me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from Me.
9They worship Me in vain;
they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.ādā
10Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, āListen and understand. 11A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it.ā
Amen!
But, from WHERE do those words come?ā¦.from the HEARTā¦.
But, from WHERE does true OBEDIENCE that God desiresā¦come from? ā¦from the HEARTā¦.yes and amenā¦from the HEART.
God desires our LOVE! Obedience is just another fruit or evidence ofā¦LOVE!
Seek Godās HEARTā¦and find and be overwhelmed and consumed with Godās love for YOU!!!
Getting entangled with āworks of obedienceā causes us to MISS OUT and NOT āconnectā or understand Godās HEART towards us! God loves YOU!!!