"Obedience is my hearts desire"

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

slave

Senior Member
Mar 20, 2015
6,307
1,093
113

"You call me "Teacher" and "Lord," and rightly so, for that is what I am." John 13:13.

If the Lord insisted on my obedience He would simply become a taskmaster and cease to have any real authority. He never has insisted on my obedience, but when I truly see Him I instantly obey Him. He insists only on my placement. Then, He is easily Lord of my life, stress free and all in, and I live in adoration of Him from Morning to Night. I have found that the level of my growth in grace is revealed by the way I look at obedience. I should have a much higher view of obedience, rescuing it from the muck and mire of the World.

Obedience has become easier for me as I realize God from an equal stance in our relationship to one another; Like that between Father and Son, not in parallel to Master and Servant. Jesus has shown this example to me in John 10:30, "I and my Father are one."

"Tho, He was a Son, Jesus learned obedience thru the things He suffered." Heb. 5:8. The Son was obedient as Our Redeemer, because He was the Son, not in order to become God's Son. As He procured His position obedience ran after Him, and from that God was "well pleased." I thank God He is "well pleased" with me, for obedience is not a burden to me but a chasing from a placement realized and respectfully honored to have. God is so awesome....I love Him so. Thank You Lord!
 
I was watching a preaching some days ago. It was about prosperity. So, one of the key to it is obedience. It's really an important thing.
To have prosperity we need to be in presence of God all the time.
For being in His presence we need to be obedient.
For being obedient we need to have faith and we can have faith through God's word.
So, step by step we can make amazing relationship with God, obey Him and be happy :)
 
eternal life is waiting for us ilona..need to be patient
I am not happy with this pain life

Jesus said
there will be no more death
or more pain
or crying
I am making everything
yes I am coming soon

one day earth will return to man and more wonderful and more peace full place earth
will be so we will hope on new heaven and the earth
 
Last edited:
Amen! If only those on the outside could know the joy that comes from totally yielding to His lordship. Totally trusting in His infinite power, grace, and mercy. Oh how wonderful for situation!
 
oyster67;bt16615 said:
Amen! If only those on the outside could know the joy that comes from totally yielding to His lordship. Totally trusting in His infinite power, grace, and mercy. Oh how wonderful for situation!

And what is wonderful people do know of it from those of us in here who have love for one another. Our track record is a loud voice unto our faithfulness to that end. And renews in me a new revival for it's impact to be felt. I Amen it right along with you!