Yes, absolutely, that is exactly what I'm saying
You should reread my post, as we are not in agreement.
- that we can do nothing to save ourselves - and that same condition applies to everyone who becomes saved and precisely what makes Jesus Christ alone the Savior and not man.
I obeyed the command to turn from sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins...to become a Christian.
Before I did, I was not a Christian and had no hope of eternal life in heaven.
Ears to hear, belief, and everything else that accompanies salvation are given as a byproduct of salvation, they are not its cause.
That really makes no sense, as without belief no man can even start a walk in Christ/in the light.
Those who are dead in sin as natural man is, are unable to hear or believe, and are oblivious to the things of the Spirit as we are told in
1 Co 2:14.
I feel that you are misusing that verse.
Especially when it is written that some are accepting God at His word, and manifesting that belief by obeying God's commandements to become Christians.
1 John 1:9 is a perfect example of that..."If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
Though confession and cleaning are both labors, they are not the works of the Law.
Are you opining that a man has salvation without his confession and cleaning ?
Jesus Christ our God and Savior, gives salvation freely to His children without any prerequisites, stipulations, requirements, or limitation whatsoever being imposed upon them, besides that they are His children. And that is what makes it a free gift from God's exceeding mercy and grace through Jesus Christ. Oddly enough, initially, many (most) do not want it on that basis - the old wine is better for a time, I guess.
I think what you're missing is that God does not give salvation on the basis of a judge who gives the gift contingent upon what man must produce to obtain it- not even to the slightest degree. Were that the case, then no man would be able to satisfy that requirement. Instead, God freely gives salvation to those His spiritual children from eternity past on the basis of a loving father (Poppa) giving to His children a wonderful gift- freely, without encumbrances, from/with/by His exceedingly great love through Jesus Christ. However, not all are His spiritual children.
God will give eternal life to those that obey Him.
Matt 7:21-23 comes to mind..."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
It takes our own acceptance, to facilitate becoming children of God.
It is never forced on us.
I'll try to reply to the above tomorrow.
OK.