Obedience REQUIRED

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
If I fail, I don't lose my salvation

When a person sins they become separated from the Lord having reaped corruption
To say this is not true is to mock God according to Gal 6:7,8 which tells us when we sow to the flesh we reap corruption.

This is why the Lord put 1 John 1:9 in telling us if, IF we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS which is what happens to us when we sin, we reap corruption which is unrighteousness

At that point they must confess and forsake their sin to be back in right standing with the Lord.



Absolutely, as my faith in God's gracefully provided tools of regeneration, allow we to remain completely faithful to Him.

Yes, this is key remaining faithful to the Lord as in continuing to abide In Christ.
Some people think they are abiding in Christ even when they sin which is not true.
 
obedience, by itself, means nothing.

Who said anything about being obedient outside of the Lord?
Only those abiding in Christ can be obedient.

This is not what Paul said. He is not saying that we are saved because we obey. He is saying that obedience characterizes those whom God is saving.

Salvation is only applicable to those who obey the Lord.
Hebrews 5:9 - And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him

If one is not obeying the Lord then by default they are in obedience to the devil.
It's too bad that some seem to think we can turn away from the Lord and be obedient to the devil and still be saved.

Learn to obey with your heart, soul AND mind.

If a person is obedient with their spirit, soul, and mind (understanding) then they won't be allowing their body to be doing sin.

Romans 12:1 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

1 Corinthians 6:20 - For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
 
Mailmandan is simply taking a generality and building a theology around it.

Nothing more.


And this is proof that you are doing the same.

There is much more to the gospel besides "Believe in".

You just ignore it because it does not fit your narrative.
It works for me. I love Jesus, I am born again, my life is full because I know Him to be my life right now. Too many believers think that they have to suppress the bad and strive to be good. That is a recipe for failure and defeat. I learned the secret: "for me to live is Christ..."

Only those who are born again can see the kingdom of God. Catholic understanding of being born again is unbiblical. It's not a process. Either you are born again or you are not. I don't know if you are RC or not, but you come across as if you are. Correct me if I'm wrong.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mailmandan
When a person sins they become separated from the Lord having reaped corruption
To say this is not true is to mock God according to Gal 6:7,8 which tells us when we sow to the flesh we reap corruption.
The Passage you cited is talking about sowing. I didn't say anything about sowing.
This is why the Lord put 1 John 1:9 in telling us if, IF we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS which is what happens to us when we sin, we reap corruption which is unrighteousness

At that point they must confess and forsake their sin to be back in right standing with the Lord.
it's not a vending machine.
Yes, this is key remaining faithful to the Lord as in continuing to abide In Christ.
Some people think they are abiding in Christ even when they sin which is not true.
Yes, it is true. To say otherwise is not to understand grace.
 
Who said anything about being obedient outside of the Lord?
Only those abiding in Christ can be obedient.
Were Zacharias and Elisabeth abiding in Christ? No. Were they blameless? Yes.
Salvation is only applicable to those who obey the Lord.
Hebrews 5:9 - And being made perfect, He became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey Him
Jesus is perfect, not us.
If one is not obeying the Lord then by default they are in obedience to the devil.
It's too bad that some seem to think we can turn away from the Lord and be obedient to the devil and still be saved.
Who believes that? I've never heard such a thing.
If a person is obedient with their spirit, soul, and mind (understanding) then they won't be allowing their body to be doing sin.
Wrong. Ever read Romans 7?
 
Well I was baptised a year after I was saved. and will hopefully be baptising a few people here in the near future.
As I won't be able to say "I am saved" until I find my name is in the book of life, what are you basing your self-status on exactly ?
but thanks for your false accusation
What accusation ?
Obey the gospel my friend.
The gospel isn't something you obey, as this is the gospel..."Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" (1 Cor 15:1-4)

Not much to obey there.
Perhaps you meant, obey the commandments of the Lord and of His disciples for your conversion and to live a Godly life thereafter ?
Which seems a little ironic, given the title of the OP.
become as the tax collector. do not try to get to god like the pharisee. you will not be happy
I'll follow the bibles directives, like..."But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another," (1 John 1:7)
And..."And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." (1 John 2:3-6)
And..."And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him." (1 John 2:28-29)
 
You are shifting the discussion to unrelated matters such as water baptism and natural hearing, distracting from the central issue and truth: that Jesus Christ alone is the complete Savior. Ephesians 2:1 and 2:5 show that man contributes nothing to his transition from spiritual death to spiritual life;
Misinterpretations of scripture often rob men of the duty to collaborate with God for our own wellbeing.
By assigning everything to God, you make men mere puppets.
I beleive that God, through Jesus Christ, has provided everything we need to be raised to eternal life on the day of judgement.
But we have our part to do, ie., hearing, believing, and actually changing our sinful-self-centered ways to Godly ways of life.
it is God who makes the dead alive, not man.
God provided the means of being reborn, getting baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins; whereby we are immersed into Christ and into His death, burial, and are raised with Him to walk innewness of life.
Reborn from God's seed !
A spiritual corpse cannot comprehend spiritual instructions, nor act to obtain life.
He certainly won't understand the deeper teachings, but I feel everyman knows he must turn from sin to find favor, and a relationship with God.
True faith flows outward from a quickened heart, not inward through natural hearing. By making regeneration depend on human choices and water rituals, you would turn salvation into a human work—making man's actions, rather than Christ, the savior. So, whenever you post to me, I will return you back to this singular, decisive truth you will not be able to escape: that Jesus Christ alone is the Savior, and man is not.
As the only works ever written about-in the bible- are the works of the Law, I have no problem being obedient to that which God has seen fit to keep being presented for 2000 plus years.
Repent from sinning.
Get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (And to destroy the old man so the new creature can be reborn)
Do this and you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
 
Yes, this is key remaining faithful to the Lord as in continuing to abide In Christ.
Some people think they are abiding in Christ even when they sin which is not true.
Makes me think of 1 John 2:4-5..."He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."