lets at least obey the golden words of Christ!
They'll say that's trying to earn your salvation and so they obey the deceitful words of the devil instead.
lets at least obey the golden words of Christ!
Mmm, yeah Catholics. But most everyone on here is probably saved. I think the devil beats some of these guys up over salvation.You sure about that? Not one person teaching catholicism or reformed theology?
A reformed person does not believe they are saved by works.
ok. so why are you adding to his words?
It seems you have been indoctrinated by a form of catholicism, if you think you can lose salvation.. Because that is modern day phariseeism.
Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.I don't follow reformed theology. Romans 6 talks about having grace and then why sin because of the grace given?
Then it goes on to talk about the battle between flesh and the Spirit.
Believers should go on to faithfulness in their walk, but the battle remains.
Actually man is to be co laborers with God. We are to submit to the leading / power of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 3:9 - For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
Romans 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
If God does everything and man does nothing then that brings forth the idea that it's God's fault for everyone not being saved and it's God's fault if a Christian continues walking in sin.
This is one of the false teachings that came out of reformed theology and is not biblical in the least.
1 Peter 1:14-17 - As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
2 Corinthians 13:5 - Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
1 Corinthians 9:27 - But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway (reprobate)
Paul knew he had responsibility and it was not God doing everything.
Scooterjackson, your verses do not show that man is a partner with God in salvation.
You try to use it to say man helps do the work of salvation.
Paul does not change his mind or apologize for God's absolute power.
Paul is speaking about him becoming a castaway
A pharisee is a legalist tryign to earn salvation by their works.But they do add things to the Word of God that the Lord never said, and they take things out of God's Word that the Lord did say leading to them teaching false doctrine just like their pharisee brethren
You claim salvation can be lost? or have I misunderstood you?I'm not. That would be the reformers and catholics adding to and taking away from God's Word just like their pharisee brethren did.
we will see.. Please answer my questionUh, no.
Scooterjackson, your individual replies fail to address the literal definitions of the text, and your verses describe corporate timelines and unregenerate natures rather than the loss of individual salvation. Please consider the actual words of the verses.Those that don't believe what God says would make that assessment
If a person is not submitting themselves to the Lord then by default they have submitted themselves to the devil.
Paul was led of the Holy Spirit do Paul did not believe that the Lord decides that He only wants a few to be saved and He wants all others to go to hell. That's deception satan taught to followers of reformed theology who believe they can live in sin thinking God chose them for salvation and they can live like the devil and still be saved. They believe wrong and are in serious error.
And that word castaway is translated a reprobate elsewhere in the New Testament.
Romans 11:21,22 - For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
2 Peter 2:20 (Companion Scripture - Matthew 12:43-45)
For if after they have escaped the pollution of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2 Corinthians 13:5 - Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

You speak of obedience then continually bear false witness against others. There's a log in your eye that you should be more concerned about.They add to and take away from God's Word which is what the pharisees did that got Jesus upset at them.
Proverbs 30:5-6 - Every word of God proves true; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you and you be found a liar.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
No, I accept what God says in His Word and have not been indoctrinated by reformed theology or catholicism
Of course those having been indoctrinated by man made religion claims those following God's Word are in error.
oh I agree we need the initial grace of justification and union with God in Christ by grace and then we will be accountable to maintain and grow in grace!Amazingrace, yes, it is entirely of God and not of ourselves. True obedience is given by God and is strictly obedience to the faith. When Jude 1:21 states to keep yourselves in the love of God, it is not establishing a conditional performance contract based on human willpower. We must look at the brackets of the exact same chapter to understand how a child of God is kept. Look at the very first verse, Jude 1:1, which identifies to whom the letter is addressed. It states clearly that it is written to them that are "sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called." The verses establishes that preservation is a finished fact in Christ before the instructions were even given. Now look at the closing bracket in Jude 1:24. The text drops an absolute hammer on human performance by stating, "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy." The text does not say man keeps himself. It explicitly states that Christ is the sole Savior who possesses the ability to keep God's elect family - one and all - from falling. The commands to the family are the fruit of being preserved, not the cause of it.
oh I agree we need the initial grace of justification and union with God in Christ by grace and then we will be accountable to maintain and grow in grace!
Jn 15:5 apart from Christ? nothing!
Phil 4:13 in Christ? all things!
2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
thks
oh I agree we need the initial grace of justification and union with God in Christ by grace and then we will be accountable to maintain and grow in grace!Amazingrace, yes, it is entirely of God and not of ourselves. True obedience is given by God and is strictly obedience to the faith. When Jude 1:21 states to keep yourselves in the love of God, it is not establishing a conditional performance contract based on human willpower. We must look at the brackets of the exact same chapter to understand how a child of God is kept. Look at the very first verse, Jude 1:1, which identifies to whom the letter is addressed. It states clearly that it is written to them that are "sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called." The verses establishes that preservation is a finished fact in Christ before the instructions were even given. Now look at the closing bracket in Jude 1:24. The text drops an absolute hammer on human performance by stating, "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy." The text does not say man keeps himself. It explicitly states that Christ is the sole Savior who possesses the ability to keep God's elect family - one and all - from falling. The commands to the family are the fruit of being preserved, not the cause of it.
three are eternal Faith, hope, & charity! they are insperable!Amazingrace, yes, it is entirely of God and not of ourselves. True obedience is given by God and is strictly obedience to the faith. When Jude 1:21 states to keep yourselves in the love of God, it is not establishing a conditional performance contract based on human willpower. We must look at the brackets of the exact same chapter to understand how a child of God is kept. Look at the very first verse, Jude 1:1, which identifies to whom the letter is addressed. It states clearly that it is written to them that are "sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called." The verses establishes that preservation is a finished fact in Christ before the instructions were even given. Now look at the closing bracket in Jude 1:24. The text drops an absolute hammer on human performance by stating, "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy." The text does not say man keeps himself. It explicitly states that Christ is the sole Savior who possesses the ability to keep God's elect family - one and all - from falling. The commands to the family are the fruit of being preserved, not the cause of it.
oh I agree the grace of baptism is required!No, not all had faith. I was one who initially believed. I went out the front at a Billy Graham crusade when I was 16. I believed that Jesus was God and I believed that He died and rose again. But it did not stick and I was not saved, even though I signed a decision card. About 5 years later, I received Jesus fully. I knew the difference between the two experiences.
Intellectual acceptance of facts is not faith. Getting emotionally stirred is not faith either.
who said we can lose salvation?A pharisee is a legalist who thinks they were saved by their works. They crucified christ because Christ rebuked them and their religious works. and called them self righteous.
A reformed person does not believe they are saved by works.
ok. so why are you adding to his words?
It seems you have been indoctrinated by a form of catholicism, if you think you can lose salvation.. Because that is modern day phariseeism.
I had a similar experience as a teenager. Mere "mental assent" belief in Jesus joined with moral self-refermation is not a substitute for saving faith in Jesus joined with regeneration. Even the demons believe "mental assent" that Jesus is God and that His death, burial and resurrection "happened." By receiving Jesus fully we are trusting in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.No, not all had faith. I was one who initially believed. I went out the front at a Billy Graham crusade when I was 16. I believed that Jesus was God and I believed that He died and rose again. But it did not stick and I was not saved, even though I signed a decision card. About 5 years later, I received Jesus fully. I knew the difference between the two experiences.
Intellectual acceptance of facts is not faith. Getting emotionally stirred is not faith either.
I feel you really should have ended with..."their works of the Law."A pharisee is a legalist tryign to earn salvation by their works.