Obedience REQUIRED

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
People are always asking is this or that required. I don't really think of it in terms of what's required. I ask myself, what's the right thing to do as a believer? What will please Him? That's what you do when you're in a loving relationship.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dino246
According to Calvinism, it is not the seed nor the soil.

The issue is the sower of the seed.

The sower creates both the seed and the soil.

The sower creates good soil and bad soil, the soil has no say so about accepting or not accepting the seed.

The good soil was created to accept the seed and the bad soil was created to reject the seed.

This is the message of election.
I'm not an "ist" of any kind. All people are born sinners. God's predestines according to His foreknowledge. I may be wrong, but I believe that means God knows those who will receive Christ and so ensures that they hear the word of salvation. Unless the Lord reveals it to us, we do not know who will accept and who will reject. Some reject at first and accept later on.

The "soil" is not inert and lifeless. It is the human heart, born sinful. The only requirement to be saved is an honest heart. The honest heart recognises that it is sinful and needs a saviour.
 
If you are going to attack what I say, WRITE OUT ALL I SAID, and not just a piece of it.
The debate is whether the biblical warnings describe genuine believers losing salvation or people who were never truly saved in the first place. That's what I said. I don't mind debating issues with folks, But if you start twisting and cutting what ppl say. You are not worth replying to.
It's this character's method. I don't know his motivation. I do know that the mouth speaks what is in the heart. I don't recall anything that is edifying coming from this man.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PennEd