Ocasio-Cortez may have opened door to Trump's taxes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
people better wake up to stamp out her type. Namely Democrats.
That's a bit drastic - just stamp their foreheads with "666" that way they can be easily identified.

S

Susanna

i'm sorry, but when a petulant child, with almost no real life experience, who is the actual epitome of the snow flake generation, fed a pure diet of social justice, participation trophies, entitled to the hard work fruit of other people, gets even a smidgeon of power, we should not view as refreshing in a good sense.

Her actions and influence has REAL consequences to REAL people. Just ask the 25,000 people who lost jobs of $150,000 a year, the communities she PERSONALLY let waste away.

It's not cute. It's not funny. It's dangerous and people better wake up to stamp out her type. Namely Democrats.
Oh really, but wasn’t New York supposed to grant $1.5 billion tax payers money in incentives contingent on the company creating those 25,000 jobs with that average salary of $150,000. And when did anticipating the accurate number of jobs and salaries become an exact science?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Oh really, but wasn’t New York supposed to grant $1.5 billion tax payers money in incentives contingent on the company creating those 25,000 jobs with that average salary of $150,000. And when did anticipating the accurate number of jobs and salaries become an exact science?
I'm truly sorry, but this is really ignorant.

The $2.8 Billion in incentives WAS NOT money New York had, it was LESS money it was going to collect from Amazon itself!!

On Sunday morning, de Blasio responded in the affirmative when Chuck Todd of NBC News’ “Meet the Press” asked if the tax breaks offered to Amazon weren’t “money you had over here. And it was going over there.”

The Democratic mayor said: “And that $3 billion that would go back in tax incentives was only after we were getting the jobs and getting the revenue.”

“There’s no money — right,” de Blasio added.

They WERE going to get a staggering $ 27 BILLION!!!! Now, not only do they NOT have the $2.8 Billion of AMAZON'S money they offered as incentive to come to NYC, they lost out on the $27 BILLION!

Get it!!?

S

Susanna

I'm truly sorry, but this is really ignorant.

The $2.8 Billion in incentives WAS NOT money New York had, it was LESS money it was going to collect from Amazon itself!!

On Sunday morning, de Blasio responded in the affirmative when Chuck Todd of NBC News’ “Meet the Press” asked if the tax breaks offered to Amazon weren’t “money you had over here. And it was going over there.”

The Democratic mayor said: “And that $3 billion that would go back in tax incentives was only after we were getting the jobs and getting the revenue.”

“There’s no money — right,” de Blasio added.

They WERE going to get a staggering $ 27 BILLION!!!! Now, not only do they NOT have the $2.8 Billion of AMAZON'S money they offered as incentive to come to NYC, they lost out on the $27 BILLION!

Get it!!?
I don’t care what you’re saying, I still think she’s refreshing.

S

Susanna

I know I know. Facts don't matter, only feelings.
What facts did you present? Are you sure the case is like you say it is? Isn’t it quite polarizing to blame an outcome on one person? And those amounts of money you came up with, where did you get them from? What about the deal they were negotiating? Highly secretive. Who can tell what was being decided, and why. Oh yes, just feelings, no facts.

U

UnderGrace

I don’t care what you’re saying, I still think she’s refreshing.

Not sure when promoting the utter destruction of the USA (The Green New Deal) became refreshing???

S

Susanna

Not sure when promoting the utter destruction of the USA (The Green New Deal) became refreshing???
Aren’t we being a little dramatic about this now? Maybe you would be so kind to elaborate?

U

UnderGrace

Aren’t we being a little dramatic about this now? Maybe you would be so kind to elaborate?
Hmm I thought I was being quite restrained.

Does she have an alternative to fossil fuels that can support industry, hospitals, schools, commerce, manufacturing and daily life in the USA....NO

How does one find money to retrofit every building in America.

What does one do when the wind does not blow, and the sun don't shine.....starve and freeze to death I guess.

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
i'm sorry, but when a petulant child, with almost no real life experience, who is the actual epitome of the snow flake generation, fed a pure diet of social justice, participation trophies, entitled to the hard work fruit of other people, gets even a smidgeon of power, we should not view as refreshing in a good sense.

Her actions and influence has REAL consequences to REAL people. Just ask the 25,000 people who lost jobs of $150,000 a year, the communities she PERSONALLY let waste away.

It's not cute. It's not funny. It's dangerous and people better wake up to stamp out her type. Namely Democrats.

Hi PennEd

No need to stamp them out – they’ll stamp themselves out in the next election. I think it was Napoleon who said “Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself.”

The Dem clown car is driving over a cliff with people like Occasional Cortex and Ilan Omar grappling for the steering wheel while the happy campers in the back, totally bereft of creativity as they are, fall over themselves embracing back of the envelope notions like the NGD whilst donning their superman capes.

At this rate the next election is being handed to Trump on a silver platter.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017

Does she have an alternative to fossil fuels that can support industry, hospitals, schools, commerce, manufacturing and daily life in the USA....NO

What does one do when the wind does not blow, and the sun don't shine.....starve and freeze to death I guess.
There are technoligies for storing power from wind, sun and hydro power, it's the wave of the future to reduce reliance on fossil fuels - can't fight the future.

S

Susanna

Hmm, I wasn’t aware that anyone was going to totally ban all fossil fuels. In fact I haven’t seen anyone suggesting a full ban on that. In fact, I don’t think that it’ll happen. I guess we’ll get through the next winter as well.

U

UnderGrace

Bit of an over exaggeration there GU.
Just the expense will collapse the economy of a nation that can barely pay the interest on the debt and how many generations forward will be in debt because of excessive spending and corruption in Washington as it stands right now, the country is doomed without the Green New Deal, unless someone steps up to the plate and makes some hard decisions.

U

UnderGrace

There are technoligies for storing power from wind, sun and hydro power, it's the wave of the future to reduce reliance on fossil fuels - can't fight the future.

Not even close to what is needed, not even close.

The only other option is nuclear power.

Even if the US stopped using fossil fuels it would not matter since the US is not even the biggest offender.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Just the expense will collapse the economy of a nation that can barely pay the interest on the debt and how many generations forward will be in debt because of excessive spending and corruption in Washington as it stands right now, the country is doomed without the Green New Deal, unless someone steps up to the plate and makes some hard decisions.
Debt is a big issue for sure, but that should not delay bringing in of new tech, I don't think anybody is claiming it will be done overnight.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Not even close to what is needed, not even close.

The only other option is nuclear power.

Even if the US stopped using fossil fuels it would not matter since the US is not even the biggest offender.
That's somewhat like saying I'm not gonna stop lying cos there's bigger liars out there.

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
It’s in the nature of attracting business to your area – happens a lot. They provide incentives and probably get 10X back in tax revenue…and your constituents get jobs.

Maybe it’d end up being 20,000 or perhaps 30,000 - it’s in the nature I suppose of estimates, depends on how sharp your pencil is. I remember in the construction industry being varying levels of estimates for bids i.e. +- 5 %, +- 10 % etc…I would expect a company like Amazon has professionals preparing them…