Occult Hollywood?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlueYetti
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlueYetti

Guest
Hey all. I sure this has been played out and I hope that I am not boring you, but this is pretty new to me. Recently, My eyes have been open to the symbolism on network TV, and in movies. It seems that I cannot even watch anything without being inundated with Occult and Masonic symbolism. I am still unsure if the Illuminati exists, but I know something is up. Even so called family shows have constant "one eye", stars, inverted stars, triangles, and "666" everywhere. So am I supposed to quit watching TV, or take these symbols with a grain of salt. Am I looking to much into? Am I being judgmental? Really this scares me.

On that note, many CCM bands include some of these symbols on there album covers. This is where I get confused.
 
I don't believe they're half as prevalent as some Christians believe. That said, there are people in Hollywood that are into the occult and we do need to be discerning but I also don't think it's wise to live in fear. Also, many just put these symbols in their products to rile up Christians to cause controversy to sell more of their products. It's largely about the money.
 
Don't make a huge thing out of it. The majority of people that wear 'symbols' of any kind don't have any clue what it is, what it means, they just like how it looks. Or some people just enjoy the rebellion of 'bad' symbols. But look how many non-Christians wear crosses. Is it because they're secretly Christian and trying to influence others? Or just because they think it looks good? See, when you reverse the roles it sounds silly.
 
There is an increased amount of occult (Witches, vampires, demons) programming on television, additionally a tremendous increase in programming with regard to aliens (Ancient Aliens, Taken). Almost feels like conditioning............ boil that frog slowly and he'll never get outta the pot:)
 
Stories containing witches, vampire, demons and to a lesser extent, aliens, have been around for absolutely ages. That's not the issue. The real issue is that such creatures used to be seen as evil, something to fight against and destroy. Now they're seen as something to admire and love.
 
People are being conditioned. It is subtle and progressive mind control. It's real and is getting worse. TV is poisoning the culture.
 
I agree with the witches and vampire should not be seen as good neighbors, but that goes back to the 60s and 70s with shows like the Munsters, Jeanie, and Bewitched. But it goes further than that. Edgy shows that I watch are The Following and Grimm, and I expect to see things that are not normal. The shows that I am talking about are The Middle, Parks and Recreation (the worst by the way), About a Boy, The Big Bang all have occult and Masonic symbols plastered all over the back ground. I have paused these shows and it is like hidden object game. Just seems they have gone to far with some of this. Then again I can become overly sensitive when my OCD kicks in. I just wish I could enjoy some programs without feeling guilty for it.
 
It was ten times worse in the 1960s and 70s to be honest. In the late 1960s, the occult developed great attraction for the under-25 generation and their folk heroes.

Then Christian organizations like Calvary, the Vineyard, Campus Crusade for Christ, and many others reached out to that demographic and were quite successful at converting and integrating them while law enforcement investigations put away the worst ones (those who had committed serious crimes in the course of their occultist activities). This is quiet compared to those days and anyone who lived through it will tell you the same thing.


Stories containing witches, vampire, demons and to a lesser extent, aliens, have been around for absolutely ages. That's not the issue. The real issue is that such creatures used to be seen as evil, something to fight against and destroy. Now they're seen as something to admire and love.