Odd statement from director of The Chosen via The Holy Nope

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Off123123123

Apr 3, 2006
USA
I have a bit of a dog in this hunt, but I’m just copycatting what the Holy Nope posted on their X account. Makes you wonder about the theology behind the the whole Chosen series. The collective for some reason can’t see through it, they’re holding onto a failed narrative.

Here is a link to the post on X. It has video evidence to view and evaluate.
https://x.com/theholy_nope/status/1775533732482474304?s=61&t=VAwB5IvZOKpVnIrVUga8Jw

Director of THE CHOSEN, Dallas Jenkins, asserts that Mormons **(who believe Jesus is the Spirit child of Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother, spirit-brother to Lucifer, who won the role of Messiah because he proposed a better strategy than Lucifer, and who accomplished an insufficient atonement in Gethsemane rather than on the cross)** and Christians love the same Jesus.

By the way, here is my favorite quote from Joseph Smith: “God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil—all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet”. (Joseph Smith, History of the Church, p. 409)”

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Not exactly new information. Numerous threads popped up on the topic of the show, with each of them seeming to have the Mormon statement thrown in. Seems to be pretty well known. Some take heed to it, others ignore it.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Yeah, this topic has been talked about a LOT of times here.
Personally i like this show a lot. Noticed i called it a show not The Bible.

But this brings up many questions which you were talking about in that other thread that the admin locked.

How do you interpret the Bible anyway? Especially the O.T.?
Also, is the Bible the highest authority on Earth?

But from a production standpoint this is the best Christian-based show because Dallas Jenkins has done the homework like any other serious producer does by bringing in several theologians of every field to contribute to the show.
A rabi.
A catholic priest.
A protestant.

The typical response on this show is that some Christians don't like because they think it's the Bible or something and it's not according to their interpretation.
But, a LOT of nonbelievers liked it and so far it's been seen by half a billion people.

These are not rookie numbers. :LOL:

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I have been on the free channel broadcast programs that show the episodes of the "The Chosen" and there's a section for Testimonials. We're talking about atheists, who come from generations of atheist families that never talk, think, have anything to do with God. And for some reason have watched these episodes and it drew them to God. God works in "mysterious ways" and this seems to be one of those examples. I think it's wonderful. Doesn't bother me one bit these people who are finding God did not do it the "Traditional Way." I Praise God that they found Him, even doing it this way.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Yeah, this topic has been talked about a LOT of times here.
Personally i like this show a lot. Noticed i called it a show not The Bible.

But this brings up many questions which you were talking about in that other thread that the admin locked.

How do you interpret the Bible anyway? Especially the O.T.?
Also, is the Bible the highest authority on Earth?

But from a production standpoint this is the best Christian-based show because Dallas Jenkins has done the homework like any other serious producer does by bringing in several theologians of every field to contribute to the show.
A rabi.
A catholic priest.
A protestant.

The typical response on this show is that some Christians don't like because they think it's the Bible or something and it's not according to their interpretation.
But, a LOT of nonbelievers liked it and so far it's been seen by half a billion people.

These are not rookie numbers. :LOL:
You have the beginning of a great joke...a Rabbi, a Priest, and a Protestant walked onto a set...

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
I'm still wary about the show because it is SO unusually popular for a "Christian" show. God and His word is never that well received but all of a sudden, "The Chosen" comes along and is approved, well-liked and promoted, even by the ungodly? Okay, that's a little weird. I'm watching where this is going.... :unsure:

🍹