Official Randomness Thread

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I encourage you to choose the church where you seem to meet God and fit/enjoy most, but Methodist is always a great choice. ^^
 
funny_dog_pictures_dog_is_sad_when_you_leave.jpg
 
I don't think I was brought up anything specific, but I am in the methodist church and vineyard nowdays.
 
It is your ability to give away reputation to other users. (You do that by clicking the rep button at the top right of the post.
It is used to show you approove of what has been said, and in turn adds to that users reputation and rep power.
 
FUMC (First United Methodist Church) is a global denomination. We have churches in basically every country that exists.
 
FUMC (First United Methodist Church) is a global denomination. We have churches in basically every country that exists.
I suspect "First" is just a name that local churches have chosen. If you are the first United Methodist Church in your city, you might call yourself "First United Methodist Church of ..." Our church is called "Sparks United Methodist Church." We are the only United Methodist Church in Sparks, Nevada, though there are three more across the river in Reno, including "Reno First United Methodist Church."
 
Could be...but I always thought it was the rarity to be called something else. I feel like the majority off United Methodist churches are FUMCs, at least in my experience.
 
I take that back. I've heard of a lot of UMCs that don't go by 'first'. Never mind. I just need to think a little longer.
 
I used to belong to the First Methodist Church of West Union, Iowa. We were just "Methodists" then. We then joined with another denomination (United Brethren?) and became "United Methodists."
 
Yes. This is the case. I'm actually studying this, and going through the candidacy process for becoming a minister.
 
nah, it is just a plain Methodist church, we aren't that advanced