On Princes and Princesses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
what do you think of them?

If someone offered you the world, an entire kingdom or more....would you take it? Or would you rather stay living as a commoner.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok I take it none of you are Harry or Meghan or their remote relations twice removed and 50th in line to the throne. Or any other royal family on earth.

I suppose if you were you wouldnt want to confess that on here.

The Bible does say not many noble are called ....1 Corinhians 2:-6

I do recall one born again christian noblewoman/arisocrat quipped that she thanked God for the 'm' otherwise there would be NO royal christians. is in not any noble...

I just think if you were born or married into all that wealth and power what would you do with it. You could be a huge blessing or it could be a huge burden.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Many have idle dreams of being a ruler and running a benevolent dictatorship. What few stop to think about is, being in charge of any group of humans is much like being a herder of cats... or like being a bus driver on a bus where every passenger thinks we should go to a different place, and they all have or want a brake, and then criticize the driver for never getting anywhere.

Best case scenario, being a member of royalty is being a figurehead for a nation that keeps you as kind of a national pet. You're not really allowed to do anything much, but at least you don't have to work hard for a living.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wonder what happened to Pu Yi the last emperor of China, who ascended the throne at 3 years old but was totally controlled by his mother in law. The account given says he gave up the throne, fled the forbidden city and became an ordinary gardener. I dont know if he ever heard the gospel.

The Dalai Lama also was exiled from Tibet. Hes buddhist and seen as a spiritual leader, but I wonder what he thinks of the gospel to which he surely must know something about now.

The Queen of England grew up in the church of course but its seems only became born again or comitted via Billy Graham preaching, and so many presidents of the USA also had Billy Graham as their unofficial pastor.

Prince Charles of course comitted adultery as did his first wife, what a drama, but he confessed and was forgiven and continues to be dedicated to charity. He was quoted as saying he wanted to be defender of the faiths (plural). not defender of THE FAITH as would be his title if he ascends to the throne.

Prince William and Princess Kate seem to be grounded in their faith at least and havent shrunk from royal duties, although to many of us it seems royal duties just mean lots of photo ops.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018

If someone offered you the world, an entire kingdom or more....would you take it? Or would you rather stay living as a commoner.
I'd love run a kingdom like Heaven on earth, esp no wars. But then we'd still have to deal with those who oppose goodness. Still I would do it, asking God for help in everything:love:.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"The Bible says the meek will inherit the earth. These days the earth is in such a shape that the meek don't want it."

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I'd love run a kingdom like Heaven on earth, esp no wars. But then we'd still have to deal with those who oppose goodness. Still I would do it, asking God for help in everything:love:.
what would be your first royal decree and what would you be patron of?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Personally I dont know if I could handle being royal and everyone practically worshipping me. Or taking pics all the time.
I'd feel a bit like a show pony.
If I was born to it, I wouldnt know any different I guess. But if I had that much wealth and power I would want to give it to those less fortunate. Imagine having six or seven residences, so much land that you never saw the end of it, a retinue of servants catering to your every need, and people always saying your royal highness and bowing to you all the time.

I would go a bit crazy.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I thought I would outgrow the princess phase, but I find myself back in fairy land when my children pick Disney Princess stories to read out loud.
I ask the boys in the class if its ok and they shrug. There are less books about princes than princesses. But I notice they sneakily pay attention to the parts where the Prince has to ask the Princess to dance.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020

hypothetically in the companies i have worked for i have had the chance of becoming a king or at least a prince. I turned them down, because i like being told what to do. When we are good workers, the company really gets behind that. I like working for companies, because at the end of the day they pay my wages.